General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Llong has proven to have the good oil on everything.

In an article prior to Webby extending he wrote that Cam George, Mark Robinson et al can't quite believe what we've landed in him.

He is truly exceptional
look its only one year in but honestly everything that was said and touted about ciraldo seems to be webby to a tee.

I've always liked the idea of sticking with a player even if they've made errors but there has to be clear communication about what those errors were and what the coach expects the player to do to remove/lessen the likelihood of those errors happening in future. I have to say I've sometimes wondered if there's been that communication with players which has either sent them down to NSW Cup without a clear thing to work on or staying in NRL because, while the coach isn't happy, he can't flick the offending player because who is going to take their place or - and this is mind-boggingly worse - the coach can't (the coach is out of his depth) or won't (the player is a player the coach likes and you don't shaft mates) articulate what the errors are and how they can be remedied.

I go back to what I said when Webby won Coach Of The Year award. There'd be a part of him that would want to be winning that gong again or at least be in the running for it. So it's No Mates Webby....

Congratulations to Kurt for making the maroons training camp squad.
IMG_7610.jpeg

Across the ditch at the Warriors Shaun Johnson is expected to rejoin the main training group the week commencing February 5, with coach Andrew Webster confirming the club are looking to play him in their second Pre-Season Challenge match against the Dolphins.

Webster said his star No.7 remains in no doubt for Round 1.

I have this weird half a thought that if we win the premiership this year I might quit being a warriors fan. I kind of peversely enjoyed the old days where we finished 10th to 12th every year. It is hard to explain what I am feeling. I like supporting a modest club. If we do win the premiership I hope we don't attract a whole bunch of fans to this site who are like All Blacks fans who only support the All Blacks because they win all the time.
I don't think I am making any sense.
Carry on. As you were.

PS the lowest days on my journey were the 70 point loss to Melbourne and the day Matt Lodge left and we paid him all sorts of money for weird reasons.

Did you forgot your personal favourite, Kane Evans discipline and being made to leave the club?
Kane was my favourite Warrior. I have never stopped advocating for him.

Some people said he was stupid to get into those fights because he got sin binned and we lost that match. But NEWS FLASH we finished 15th that year. Winning anther couple of games wasn't going to matter. He stood up for our pride. The pride of the fans and the Mana and self esteem of the Warriors Nation. He was the best enforcer we ever hard.

It’s quite astonishing that many Aust podcasters and media personalities seem to believe that the Warriors will fall out of the top 8.
A stronger side & more depth come to mind .
I watched a pod cast/you tube cast by a group I think called the Rugby League outlaws. They picked us for 5th and said we would not improve this season. Then when asked who our recruits were this year they didn't seem to readily know or to have factored our recruits into account. The Australian pundits have a firm view of the Warriors created by years and years of under achievement

Kane was my favourite Warrior. I have never stopped advocating for him.

Some people said he was stupid to get into those fights because he got sin binned and we lost that match. But NEWS FLASH we finished 15th that year. Winning anther couple of games wasn't going to matter. He stood up for our pride. The pride of the fans and the Mana and self esteem of the Warriors Nation. He was the best enforcer we ever hard.
I think Monty or Campion were.

I have this weird half a thought that if we win the premiership this year I might quit being a warriors fan. I kind of peversely enjoyed the old days where we finished 10th to 12th every year. It is hard to explain what I am feeling. I like supporting a modest club. If we do win the premiership I hope we don't attract a whole bunch of fans to this site who are like All Blacks fans who only support the All Blacks because they win all the time.
I don't think I am making any sense.
Carry on. As you were.

PS the lowest days on my journey were the 70 point loss to Melbourne and the day Matt Lodge left and we paid him all sorts of money for weird reasons.
Dragons could be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back