Gameday 2024 Trial 1 - Warriors vs Wests Tigers

RTS and Montoya getting game time together to help form a combination?

Metcalf our back up 7?

CHT given a chance to show what he can do at 6 with potential selection there for round 1?

Its just a trial, don't read anything in to it?

Good point on Montoya. I always assumed RTS would get at least a half in each trial to get some game time into both legs.

Maybe Ford is picked for the same reason and it's a hint that Capewell will be on the right hand side? Give CHT a run with the proper left hand side attack to see how he fits, and it may be the same again next week with TMM or Metcalf at 6 instead.

Hard to read into as mentioned, but if Metcalf was in the lead for starting 6 for round one, I would think you'd name him at 6 for the trial

Maybe could be the opposite though- putting the more important position on the guy in trials that will ultimately be the 6 in round one 🤷‍♂️

I think Martin was named at 7 for the first trial last year, so do with that what you will

Bit of a Diss to TMM that he can't make the 17 for the Maori

The All Star game has an extended bench like the trials, so he'll still get some PT

But still, Arthars at fullback when Te Maire is there is surprising, and I was probably close to Arthars no.1 here in 2022 lol

Good point on Montoya. I always assumed RTS would get at least a half in each trial to get some game time into both legs.

Maybe Ford is picked for the same reason and it's a hint that Capewell will be on the right hand side? Give CHT a run with the proper left hand side attack to see how he fits, and it may be the same again next week with TMM or Metcalf at 6 instead.
Yep that was the point I was going to make.
I think the left edge of Montoya/RTS/Ford and CHT/Metcalf are getting some game time together

Nice looking team. Will be interesting to see how we go as Tigers look reasonably close to full strength.

I reckon we have about 6 players in that team that are close to a lock for the Rd1 team, pending injuries etc.

I wanted to mention a little while ago that I felt like Ali has been in quite a few of our media days etc and wondering if he may be closer to starting the season than originally thought. It will make things really challenging for Webby if he comes out and kills it in both trials
funny those teams who have named near 1st grade teams - eg the chooks who probably want to overcome some of their infamous inertia - i like how ours looks, it tests in places and then throws a couple of wildcards in

Smart move to put the Berrysiah in cotton wool. You don't risk your king by sending him out to take on the pawns.

Now....to serious business. A team made up of players not playing this weekend.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Kosi
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Capewell
12. Niukore
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Tevaga
16. Some dude
17. That guy

Looking at the team above there's not a lot of room to move once you add RTS, Ford and Montoya to the A Team.

FYI - Some dude and That guy have been training the house down all season so don't count them out.
Well that depends now 🤣

I like the team. Keeping newbies in cotton wool until a regular falls over does nothing for growing depth.
Imagine Shaun, Tohu and co will be interchanging between Selfie, Autograph and Chat or a combination thereof throughout the game....

RTS at left center as was telegraphed by him last year in the interview no one has been able find....but anywho here we are BOOM Left edge attack is locked n loaded.

Really cannot see Ali's naming as a genuine threat to Berry. I am bias in Ali's favor (settle down you Berry Scientologists) but Berry will be very difficult to supplant by anyone....for now....
First trial teams are usually the alternates.

Trial 2 is your starters usually.

Back