Gameday 2024 Trial 2 - Warriors vs Dolphins

Noticed he was defending around the middle towards the end of the game too. When you look at the players that there’s been interest from us in recent times, that’s Micheal Chee Kam, Alex Setfarth and we’ve recently signed Toni Tupouniua. To me , they all share a similar shape in being tall and mobile with Seyfarth and Tupouniua playing in the middle for their teams. I think he could in that mould with another few kilos already being around 101kg. He could be an unreal utility being able to cover middle and edge forward, centre both sides and wing.
Had a read of the Tigers forum, poor buggers are pretty dark after getting pumped by the Dragons of all teams. Their only shining lights are Utoikamanu, Klemmer and that gangly 18 yr old half. They'd be nuts to let either of those props go unless they can somehow snag upgrades. Klem stands out in a spoon team, who knows if he'd be an asset to a powerhouse club like us, could play a role if Webby thinks he can use him.

Had a read of the Tigers forum, poor buggers are pretty dark after getting pumped by the Dragons of all teams. Their only shining lights are Utoikamanu, Klemmer and that gangly 18 yr old half. They'd be nuts to let either of those props go unless they can somehow snag upgrades. Klem stands out in a spoon team, who knows if he'd be an asset to a powerhouse club like us, could play a role if Webby thinks he can use him.
Crazy defender Klemmer. Over 24 games in 2023 only missed 1.3 tackles for every 100. Utoikamanu is going to require a pay rise and Klemmer could be who makes that possible? Big money spent in Luai heading there

I hope we don't take the Dragons lightly.

If Metcalf can avoid the automatic ball tuck and rather keep the ball out in both hands, that could really open up that edge for us in 2024 with a prime Dodge.

Will be interesting to see if teams can somehow work out the numbers on our butter right edge sweep this season.

If Metcalf can open up the left in attack, add in a few nice kicks to help out SJ. That extra little bit of time and space could potentially see SJ eclipse 2023 form.

If Metcalf can avoid the automatic ball tuck and rather keep the ball out in both hands, that could really open up that edge for us in 2024 with a prime Dodge.

Will be interesting to see if teams can somehow work out the numbers on our butter right edge sweep this season.

If Metcalf can open up the left in attack, add in a few nice kicks to help out SJ. That extra little bit of time and space could potentially see SJ eclipse 2023 form.
Lot of ifs in there but I hope you are right about Metcalf. Be interesting to see how he goes against the top teams also.

Has to be Walker, Tohu touches the ball in half our attacking plays, mostly passing sometimes taking a tackle, Walker is the only other player with the skills and hands to do that while also having the size to hit it up.
You'd imagine Niukore would start and Walker still off the bench.

Or Ale start and Walker off the bench.

100%, they came close to upsetting us last year and tipped up the Panthers.
But they are shit and I feel for Benji taking that on as his first gig, he is on a hiding to nothing with that club.
Great way to find out if you are a coach or not. Time will tell.
Admire his club loyalty but he wouldn't find a tougher gig

Lot of ifs in there but I hope you are right about Metcalf. Be interesting to see how he goes against the top teams also.
100%, I wasn't sold on his distribution or defence last season. But he's earnt first crack in the off season it seems.

Martin and then CHT both waiting in the wings, so he'll need to front up.

It's pretty effed up that we can attack either edge, through the middle or go off the cuff.

Considering we made a Grand Final with a 'kick it to manu' game plan lol

Back