General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
That combination works in terms of personalities too. Roger is humble, Ali is cocky, they would make an exciting pairing indeed.
I am a fan of this type of Matrix, where you put a driven, professional, superstar outside a young cocky guy, that dynamic will expose whether the youngster understands the chain of command.

Any young back that won't feed a Superstar like Roger is not ready to play center in first grade.

Solomone Kata was not ready - and this was exposed when he was paired with Manu Vatuvie, same dynamic as Ali/Roger right? the young bull should be trying to set up the Superstar Vet.

Kata could not do this, because he could not pass = not ready for FG.

If having RTS outside Ali does not see some attempts to pass the ball to the better player, then Webster knows Ali needs work on either passing (Kata's problem) or team work
we called Kata a ball hog, apart from Inruin who could not see it - to be fair, Kata was most likely a ball hog thanks to poor coaching.
Ali’s got ball playing ability, Kata didn’t. Also some players like kata just don’t have the vision.

He's listed as 183cm. He must have had a massive growth spurt.
In this video he looks similar height to Tohu (195cm) and there was another photo where he seemed to dwarf Pompey (190cm)
In the latest youtube video he looks shorter than pompey & tohu. Not the walking uphill 7ft5 version of the photo lots are referring too.

Got the time stamp where he looks shorter?
Screenshot_20240124_130751_YouTube.jpg

Pompey is in the backrow and still looks a little taller then him. Tohu looks significantly taller.
And how tall is webby? They look similar in height.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124_131727_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_131727_Chrome.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20240124_131059_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_131059_YouTube.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 61
He's always had those broad shoulders. Destined to fill that frame out. He's as wide as he is tall. Zyon Maiu’u is more barrell chested(is that a word lol) Not as tall but compact and powerful. He reminds me of Leota in his build and the way plays.
These guys are all getting pretty big. Zyon Maiu’u obviously one of our middles going forward, would we be looking at Sifakula and TSS as other middles and Laban and Halasima as edges?

These guys are all getting pretty big. Zyon Maiu’u obviously one of our middles going forward, would we be looking at Sifakula and TSS as other middles and Laban and Halasima as edges?
Halasima is going to be special if he can deal with the mental side of being a professional sportsman. I haven't seen a young Warriors forward with his combination of size, footwork, speed and sheer x factor since Sonny Fai, he just moves different than other players.

Halasima is going to be special if he can deal with the mental side of being a professional sportsman. I haven't seen a young Warriors forward with his combination of size, footwork, speed and sheer x factor since Sonny Fai, he just moves different than other players.
Damn straight! I didn’t want to make that direct comparison to Sonny Fai but damn there is a lot to like about him. When he steamrolled Isaac Lumelume it was like one of those holy shit moments. He is a talent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back