General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also might be the issue if any of the players in those 4 teams has any convictions. The Yanks take a dim view of that, even stuff like DUI.
great point!
was reece walsh charged for that cocaine possession? surely that stops you entering the states?!

***just googled, and only placed on a good behavior bond.

Last edited:
Nrl.com predicted lineup- I’d be quite happy with this tbh.

IMG_4159.jpeg

Haha personally I'd like to see Roger playing outside of Leiataua.

That combination works in terms of personalities too. Roger is humble, Ali is cocky, they would make an exciting pairing indeed.
I am a fan of this type of Matrix, where you put a driven, professional, superstar outside a young cocky guy, that dynamic will expose whether the youngster understands the chain of command.

Any young back that won't feed a Superstar like Roger is not ready to play center in first grade.

Solomone Kata was not ready - and this was exposed when he was paired with Manu Vatuvie, same dynamic as Ali/Roger right? the young bull should be trying to set up the Superstar Vet.

Kata could not do this, because he could not pass = not ready for FG.

If having RTS outside Ali does not see some attempts to pass the ball to the better player, then Webster knows Ali needs work on either passing (Kata's problem) or team work
we called Kata a ball hog, apart from Inruin who could not see it - to be fair, Kata was most likely a ball hog thanks to poor coaching.

That combination works in terms of personalities too. Roger is humble, Ali is cocky, they would make an exciting pairing indeed.
I am a fan of this type of Matrix, where you put a driven, professional, superstar outside a young cocky guy, that dynamic will expose whether the youngster understands the chain of command.

Any young back that won't feed a Superstar like Roger is not ready to play center in first grade.

Solomone Kata was not ready - and this was exposed when he was paired with Manu Vatuvie, same dynamic as Ali/Roger right? the young bull should be trying to set up the Superstar Vet.

Kata could not do this, because he could not pass = not ready for FG.

If having RTS outside Ali does not see some attempts to pass the ball to the better player, then Webster knows Ali needs work on either passing (Kata's problem) or team work (
we called Kata a ball hog, apart from Inruin who could not see it) to be fair, Kata was most likely a ball hog thanks to poor coaching.
Interesting that you say Ali is cocky, what gives you that impression? I see a guy that is confident in his abilities but haven't seen anything that screams cocky.

Let's eat!

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtOZxlkAPwk/?igsh=bW9oZmV3c3Z0eWg3

Interesting that you say Ali is cocky, what gives you that impression? I see a guy that is confident in his abilities but haven't seen anything that screams cocky.

Let's eat!

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtOZxlkAPwk/?igsh=bW9oZmV3c3Z0eWg3

He is cocky bro. Sorry if my post about personal qualities came across as misleading in that I may have seemed to be critical of this personality type in a player.

I am not, when paired with a good skill base it is the best combination in sports.

Where did I get that from? Andrew Webster, then a couple of interviews with our fg players.

As a Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Tiger woods fan, I do not see cocky as a negative, especially in our young Polynesian players, Cocky is a strength not a weakness.

Cockiness in young brown boys is as much a sign of good parenting as is humility.

Too often kids get that cockiness beaten out of them.

Everything about Ali exudes a background of nurturing, support, and fostering self belief.

Our own Shaun Johnson was a cocky player and look at how that turned out.

Seriously the Warriors biggest problem is too many humble church boys and not enough swagger.

Last edited:
He is cocky bro. Sorry if my post about personal qualities came across as misleading in that I may have seemed to be critical of this personality type in a player.

I am not, when paired with a good skill base it is the best combination in sports.

Where did I get that from? Andrew Webster, then a couple of interviews with our fg players.

As a Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Tiger woods fan, I do not see cocky as a negative, especially in our young Polynesian players, Cocky is a strength not a weakness.

Cockiness in young brown boys is as much a sign of good parenting as is humility.

Everything about Ali exudes a background of nurturing, support, and fostering self belief.

Seriously the Warriors biggest problem is too many humble church boys and not enough swagger.
Very well said!

Seriously the Warriors biggest problem is too many humble church boys and not

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qPDft44Lw&pp=ygUWTGlzYSBsZXdpcyBJJ3ZlIGhvdCBpdA%3D%3D

Last edited:
Agree except for maybe the 3 spot.

Pompey’s a reserve player now?

Not a "reserve player" but he wouldn't be in my starting back 5.
Starting players will miss games. Looking at last season, our 6th most capped back played 11 games. That is where i see Pompey (and Leiataua) providing value

MONTOYA, Marcelo
27​
POMPEY, Adam
27​
NICOLL-KLOKSTAD, Charnze
23​
WATENE-ZELEZNIAK, Dallin
20​
BERRY, Rocco
16​
KOSI, Edward
11​
VAILEA, Viliami
5​
TUAUPIKI, Taine
5​
WILIAME, Brayden
2​
LEIATAUA, Ali
1​

Not a "reserve player" but he wouldn't be in my starting back 5.
Starting players will miss games. Looking at last season, our 6th most capped back played 11 games. That is where i see Pompey (and Leiataua) providing value

MONTOYA, Marcelo
27​
POMPEY, Adam
27​
NICOLL-KLOKSTAD, Charnze
23​
WATENE-ZELEZNIAK, Dallin
20​
BERRY, Rocco
16​
KOSI, Edward
11​