28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka Halasima
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I dunno man. I know we have some great juniors coming through and we've had two great backs against the walls victories with a few of our younger players present, but imo I think a few people are getting carried away, picking these juniors to replace seasoned vets after a handful (or sometimes just one) game where they have played to NRL standard. They're not even having GREAT games, it seems that as long as they didn't suck, quite a few are shouting about how they should get the call up over the more seasoned players.

Let's look at all of the young guns who have played this year - Laban, Zyon Maiu’u, Roache, MGT, Ali - they've all looked decent, but you can't say any of these guys have had an exceptional game. Even Roache, who I thought had the best game out of all the juniors this year - he completed his tackles and had good distribution, with limited errors or mistakes. Thats not worthy of getting rid of the incumbent, that's just him doing the basics of his role really well, which should be a minimum standard.

Imo there's very little chance that Sifakula is coming back from an ACL, and within a year of returning, he's going to make more meters than Jazz, while creating the tempo on defence that he often does.

Look at Ale. Webby's been PAINFULLY slow with his development, he's played 29 of the 36 games over the last two years and only now things are looking like they're starting to click for him. Same as Berry - he really only started to show how good he can be in his last 20 or so games. I cant see how any of our other rookies are going to get significantly more game time than that, unless it's through injury. And even then, they have to perform exceptionally well to keep their spot.

With the amount of injuries in today's game, over the next 18 months I think a lot of those above named players, including a few more like Halasima will deffo get a run and will probably be 10-30 games in to their career and are able to meet the week in/week out requirements of the hardest competition in the world, ready for 2026 when Tohu, SJ and co are all finished up
Some say it’s hard to get up for nsw cup after playing first grade? Also sounds like it takes a bit of time to get your body able to handle the rigours of first grade week in week out, probably different for different positions? They say props peak late.

With regards to Jazz, you can't re-sign everyone. As it stands, the club only has a couple of potential roster sports open for 2025. These young kids coming through 💙 Mighty NSW Cup look awesome and a couple of them (Halasima and TSS most notably) will need to be upgraded from development deals onto a full contract for either next year or the year after. Jazz had been a solid contributor over the years but his impact has declined noticeably. It's time now to give Sifakula or Zion a regular bench spot in his place. Jazz can ride off into the sunset as he deserves to with a longer deal in the UK.

Sifakula is an absolute beast of a player. Not only is he MASSIVE - and evidently still growing - he is so agile and aggressive. He did one run yesterday where he was just toying with the defence: side-stepping, knocking players over. It was epic. With the way his frame is developing, I'd imagine he'll slot into the front-row before long and be an impact weapon there in the mould of Leniu - albeit a much bigger version.

Halasima is freakishly athletic. There was one play yesterday where he was being bent over backwards by 2-3 defenders and somehow still managed to slip a pass out. He'll be a genuine strike weapon on the left edge with Laban acting as a battering ram on the right. In a few years, it'll be the most lethal backrow in the comp.

These are the guys we need to push forward with. Which means Jazz will likely go. And perhaps they'll also whisper quietly in the ears of a few others off contract at the end of 2025 who aren't shifting the needle for us but might now be able to get longer deals elsewhere (Ford being the obvious one).

Between TMM, CHT, Metcalf and SJ, the halves are locked down. Then you have Cleary arriving to add to the log-jam in the lower grades. Hanson looks tidy and organised but lacks spark and speed. I don't know if he'll kick on. But the Flegg half Jesse Soric looks a solid prospect.

Elsewhere in the backs, Pasikala looks like a really exciting prospect. And he's a clutch goal-kicker too, which is handy. His footwork and work-rate for a kid who has only just turned 20 is awesome. He'll be the longterm fullback successor. And then there's the question of how to fit Ali into first grade because he just has to be there. I wonder if Webby might discreetly encourage Roger to chase that Japanese Yen after all.

With regards to Jazz, you can't re-sign everyone. As it stands, the club only has a couple of potential roster sports open for 2025. These young kids coming through 💙 Mighty NSW Cup look awesome and a couple of them (Halasima and TSS most notably) will need to be upgraded from development deals onto a full contract for either next year or the year after. Jazz had been a solid contributor over the years but his impact has declined noticeably. It's time now to give Sifakula or Zion a regular bench spot in his place. Jazz can ride off into the sunset as he deserves to with a longer deal in the UK.

Sifakula is an absolute beast of a player. Not only is he MASSIVE - and evidently still growing - he is so agile and aggressive. He did one run yesterday where he was just toying with the defence: side-stepping, knocking players over. It was epic. With the way his frame is developing, I'd imagine he'll slot into the front-row before long and be an impact weapon there in the mould of Leniu - albeit a much bigger version.

Halasima is freakishly athletic. There was one play yesterday where he was being bent over backwards by 2-3 defenders and somehow still managed to slip a pass out. He'll be a genuine strike weapon on the left edge with Laban acting as a battering ram on the right. In a few years, it'll be the most lethal backrow in the comp.

These are the guys we need to push forward with. Which means Jazz will likely go. And perhaps they'll also whisper quietly in the ears of a few others off contract at the end of 2025 who aren't shifting the needle for us but might now be able to get longer deals elsewhere (Ford being the obvious one).

Between TMM, CHT, Metcalf and SJ, the halves are locked down. Then you have Cleary arriving to add to the log-jam in the lower grades. Hanson looks tidy and organised but lacks spark and speed. I don't know if he'll kick on. But the Flegg half Jesse Soric looks a solid prospect.

Elsewhere in the backs, Pasikala looks like a really exciting prospect. And he's a clutch goal-kicker too, which is handy. His footwork and work-rate for a kid who has only just turned 20 is awesome. He'll be the longterm fullback successor. And then there's the question of how to fit Ali into first grade because he just has to be there. I wonder if Webby might discreetly encourage Roger to chase that Japanese Yen after all.
You thinking we need to add another front rower in the loss of AFB? Also do you think that halves quartet locked in can win a premiership?

This guy is a massive prospect, would like to see him given all the time he needs to ease back after serious injury. Would be heartbreaking if he was hindered by injury for his career with what he could be. You think he’d be a good 13 with the skills he possesses?

Last edited:
You thinking we need to add another front rower in the loss of AFB? Also do you think that halves quartet locked in can win a premiership?
Yeah, I agree with what many have said on here, that we could definitely use a big body upfront. E.g. Wllison, if he were to magically become available. Sifakula could also be that player if Webby sees him as a front-rower (and so far, there's no indication that he does). If Dylan Brown was somehow available and interested, I'd definitely grab him using SJ + Jazz's money. But that's what it would take to enhance our current options: a legit elite half who has many years ahead of him still. Talk around bringing in journeymen like Toby Sexton and the like makes no sense to me. What we have now is way better than that.

Yeah, I agree with what many have said on here, that we could definitely use a big body upfront. E.g. Wllison, if he were to magically become available. Sifakula could also be that player if Webby sees him as a front-rower (and so far, there's no indication that he does). If Dylan Brown was somehow available and interested, I'd definitely grab him using SJ + Jazz's money. But that's what it would take to enhance our current options: a legit elite half who has many years ahead of him still. Talk around bringing in journeymen like Toby Sexton and the like makes no sense to me. What we have now is way better than that.
I won't bring Sexton up again! 🤣

Did I not already post this in the humble pie thread? If not you just humbled me 😂😂😂😂

Love you robbie!

There really does seem to be something about Willison. Has intensity already and seems professional and looking for big things seeing that article some time back that he wanted to be an All Black but in league wants a premiership. Young enough to be apart of this pack you talked about for years to come. Another I would take in heartbeat to fill that space would be Naufahu Whyte, but with the roosters having money to splash I can’t see him leaving. Does make me wonder why we’ve got a winger coming over from there for nsw cup next year though? Think it was Mr Frank White said Willison and Brown takes us to another level, I agree with you both. When you say get Brown with Jazz and SJ money, you got Brown at five eighth and TMM halfback?

If we could get Willison on 650-700k he would complete our pack. We have another power middle in Sifakula and Halasima provides X factor on the edge. Laban can function on the edge too.
We really got some big decisions to make that could set up the team for the future.

Surely, even if the Broncos lose Cobbo, having a forward pack of big names - Haas, Carrigan, Riki, and Piakura (who's on 400k currently will need a big upgrade) means that there gunna struggle to retain him...I'm really hopeful.

One of the big bonuses of Willison is that he's already played about 20 games, so by the end of this year and next hell likely rack up another 30+ games so he would be a step more experienced than a lot of our rookies, who I guess will be about 10-30 games into their careers.

Surely, even if the Broncos lose Cobbo, having a forward pack of big names - Haas, Carrigan, Riki, and Piakura (who's on 400k currently will need a big upgrade) means that there gunna struggle to retain him...I'm really hopeful.

One of the big bonuses of Willison is that he's already played about 20 games, so by the end of this year and next hell likely rack up another 30+ games so he would be a step more experienced than a lot of our rookies, who I guess will be about 10-30 games into their careers.
It there was truth to the Warrior Waka rumour around RCG, would he be worth bringing over if he was on the table for next year? Would absolutely take Willison, but with him signed for next year, unless he was able to leave early, RCG could fill that big body void in the meantime?

Was he not eligible for the Harold Matthew’s team or one of the other grades? Hasn’t been mentioned in any squad? Could he be locked up by union?
He's U17 this year. I thought someone mentioned he was injured here, or I might have actually heard it from a player I coach who's a similar age.
Here's a post, based solely on assumption, I did a while ago
Screenshot_20240603_160312_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Good players turn it on from their 2nd or 3rd season just look at how good Ale is now after regular investment last year, we’d be buying a winning stock if he comes next year

Not sure if its been mentioned here but heard that the club only offered Jazz minimum salary extension. Said he'll be looking at Super League if they cant bump it up. Was told from a well known source who spoke to him personally but ICBF asking him if I can name drop him but take it as gospel...

Back