28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka Halasima
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
It there was truth to the Warrior Waka rumour around RCG, would he be worth bringing over if he was on the table for next year? Would absolutely take Willison, but with him signed for next year, unless he was able to leave early, RCG could fill that big body void in the meantime?
No way. Any one of our junior props will perform better than RCG.

I dunno man. I know we have some great juniors coming through and we've had two great backs against the walls victories with a few of our younger players present, but imo I think a few people are getting carried away, picking these juniors to replace seasoned vets after a handful (or sometimes just one) game where they have played to NRL standard. They're not even having GREAT games, it seems that as long as they didn't suck, quite a few are shouting about how they should get the call up over the more seasoned players.

Let's look at all of the young guns who have played this year - Laban, Zyon Maiu’u, Roache, MGT, Ali - they've all looked decent, but you can't say any of these guys have had an exceptional game. Even Roache, who I thought had the best game out of all the juniors this year - he completed his tackles and had good distribution, with limited errors or mistakes. Thats not worthy of getting rid of the incumbent, that's just him doing the basics of his role really well, which should be a minimum standard.

Imo there's very little chance that Sifakula is coming back from an ACL, and within a year of returning, he's going to make more meters than Jazz, while creating the tempo on defence that he often does.

Look at Ale. Webby's been PAINFULLY slow with his development, he's played 29 of the 36 games over the last two years and only now things are looking like they're starting to click for him. Same as Berry - he really only started to show how good he can be in his last 20 or so games. I cant see how any of our other rookies are going to get significantly more game time than that, unless it's through injury. And even then, they have to perform exceptionally well to keep their spot.

With the amount of injuries in today's game, over the next 18 months I think a lot of those above named players, including a few more like Halasima will deffo get a run and will probably be 10-30 games in to their career and are able to meet the week in/week out requirements of the hardest competition in the world, ready for 2026 when Tohu, SJ and co are all finished up
It’s not about “oh he’ll get a run at some point through injury” there’s only 30 roster spots.

Berry and Ale have both been in the top 30 since 2021. Berry hadn’t even played a game of first grade when he was promoted to the top 30 and Ale had only played once.

I’m not talking about Roache, MGT I’m talking the guys playing position as Jazz like Sifakula, Halasima, Laban and Ieremia. I’ve never once said I think Roache is regular first grader material or deserves to be promoted, not sure why he’s relevant here.

I think the issue is that you’re grouping all ‘rookies’ into one basket instead of assessing them on their own merits. I.e. “all young forwards must be similar level talent to Ale and therefore must be on the same trajectory”. Genuine question have you watched much 💙 Mighty NSW cup in the past two years?

I mean Halasima just ran back to back games of 170+ meters in 💙 Mighty NSW cup in the weekend after only a few games back. Jazz’s best in 💙 Mighty NSW cup is 228 meters. So i don’t think the gap is that large right now and it will obviously be even less come next year.

Seasoned vet doesn’t really mean anything if you’re not performing anyway. Jazz still has the absolute worst hands in contact, way too many dropped balls. Last weekend perfect example. He’s not that important to this side frankly if you take the emotional attachment out of it

This guy is a massive prospect, would like to see him given all the time he needs to ease back after serious injury. Would be heartbreaking if he was hindered by injury for his career with what he could be. You think he’d be a good 13 with the skills he possesses?
I think general consensus is you get back into peak fitness and confidence from an ACL 18 months after the injury- 6 months getting the body back to match ready, a season of building up your confidence and getting the engine purring before hitting straps the following season.

I think general consensus is you get back into peak fitness and confidence from an ACL 18 months after the injury- 6 months getting the body back to match ready, a season of building up your confidence and getting the engine purring before hitting straps the following season.
Unless your Patty Carrigan

It’s not about “oh he’ll get a run at some point through injury” there’s only 30 roster spots.

Berry and Ale have both been in the top 30 since 2021. Berry hadn’t even played a game of first grade when he was promoted to the top 30 and Ale had only played once.

I’m not talking about Roache, MGT I’m talking the guys playing position as Jazz like Sifakula, Halasima, Laban and Ieremia. I’ve never once said I think Roache is regular first grader material or deserves to be promoted, not sure why he’s relevant here.

I think the issue is that you’re grouping all ‘rookies’ into one basket instead of assessing them on their own merits. I.e. “all young forwards must be similar level talent to Ale and therefore must be on the same trajectory”. Genuine question have you watched much 💙 Mighty NSW cup in the past two years?

I mean Halasima just ran back to back games of 170+ meters in 💙 Mighty NSW cup in the weekend after only a few games back. Jazz’s best in 💙 Mighty NSW cup is 228 meters. So i don’t think the gap is that large right now and it will obviously be even less come next year.

Seasoned vet doesn’t really mean anything if you’re not performing anyway. Jazz still has the absolute worst hands in contact, way too many dropped balls. Last weekend perfect example. He’s not that important to this side frankly if you take the emotional attachment out of it

Haha hey man I was responding to you saying that Sifakula will be taking Jazz's spot nek year - imo that's not super feasible as most people take 18 months to get going after the ACL. Eh, some are different and maybe he recovers quicker, but generally speaking I'd be surprised injury wise if he was back to his best before the end of rd 20 or so nek year.

I still think my point is valid tho - I don't think we promote juniors to a full time bench spot until they're proving that they can play better than what the current incumbent is providing.

You kindly pointed out what you thought my issue was, so I'm happy to point out what I think yours is...it sounds like you don't rate Jazz or what he provides the team. There are 12 players in our current team with the same or more errors than him so it's unreasonable to say he has the worst hands. In the last year there's been a marked improvement with the tempo of our game once the bald bros come on. When Jazz is on, he lifts the team. I doubt many rookies - especially an 18 year old with no NRL experience or a 20 year old with 3 games, returning after an ACL - are going to perform week in/week out and offer what Jazz does consistently.

For what it's worth I rate most of the juniors that everyone's talking about. I don't watch all of the 💙 Mighty NSW cup games so I'll never pretend to know each players game inside and out, but I think there's been enough evidence in the last 5 years to see that while youth is super important and key to your clubs future, if you don't do it well you can stuff someone's development or set the team back, which is something I'm sure none of us want when our window for a premiership with SJ is closing fast.

Either way, I hope I'm wrong and Sifakula is named tonight, goes on a rampage and helps us to the title this year. You will see me over in the humble pie thread when that happens

Haha hey man I was responding to you saying that Sifakula will be taking Jazz's spot nek year - imo that's not super feasible as most people take 18 months to get going after the ACL. Eh, some are different and maybe he recovers quicker, but generally speaking I'd be surprised injury wise if he was back to his best before the end of rd 20 or so nek year.

I still think my point is valid tho - I don't think we promote juniors to a full time bench spot until they're proving that they can play better than what the current incumbent is providing.

You kindly pointed out what you thought my issue was, so I'm happy to point out what I think yours is...it sounds like you don't rate Jazz or what he provides the team. There are 12 players in our current team with the same or more errors than him so it's unreasonable to say he has the worst hands. In the last year there's been a marked improvement with the tempo of our game once the bald bros come on. When Jazz is on, he lifts the team. I doubt many rookies - especially an 18 year old with no NRL experience or a 20 year old with 3 games, returning after an ACL - are going to perform week in/week out and offer what Jazz does consistently.

For what it's worth I rate most of the juniors that everyone's talking about. I don't watch all of the 💙 Mighty NSW cup games so I'll never pretend to know each players game inside and out, but I think there's been enough evidence in the last 5 years to see that while youth is super important and key to your clubs future, if you don't do it well you can stuff someone's development or set the team back, which is something I'm sure none of us want when our window for a premiership with SJ is closing fast.

Either way, I hope I'm wrong and Sifakula is named tonight, goes on a rampage and helps us to the title this year. You will see me over in the humble pie thread when that happens
I think your absolutely right on what Jazz can bring off the bench. He's a proven performer, and he's still bringing it and lifting the players around like you say.

I'm personally satisfied if he was to stay but I also see the need to make room, for a guy who's had more than 30 games in Tom Ale. I think this kid is ready to step up. And I'm not expecting him to do what Jazz Does straight away but he's not far off realizing his potential.

I think it's important to have a lot of experience around the joint but also the need for the next wave to have a part to play with these experienced guys.

Tohu and Walker won't be around much longer and If Ale was to keep up the trajectory, then when the Sifakulas and Labans start popping off we have a prime guy leading up front.

It's such a fine ballance.

Don't disagree necessarily however this new Warriors medical unit have injury rehab nailed down.
Whoever is running the show there has been turning around a bunch of busted people on schedule.

Dimitric looks ready or very close to it. He is running hard and fast in cup.

At the end of the day, you can have guidelines for the prognosis for injuries, but there are always individual variables like fast healers and people that are strict with their rehab programs.

The only test measure of whether a serious leg injury is good to go is watching someone use the leg in the activity and then assess how they pull up afterwards.

With Dimitric running freely like he is, bullocking charges at pace, the footwork, the only question mark is what happened when he cooled down.

If the guy is tearing it up in cup then that answers any lingering doubts about confidence.

He looks at 100% from the couch, but yeah, only him and the staff will know what happened after last weeks game, provided there were no hiccups he will be ready to go.

Jazz came back after a one month lay off and when he wasn’t dropping the ball or giving away our challenges I thought he was FANTASTIC. The energetic battery the team needed. He was cutting down forwards left right and center. Very impressed with his performance last two games. And I thought he was washed up when he walked off injured last time…

I will also sat this about jazz, this is a delicate situation because of what he has done for our club. Yes I know it's a business and they all say that, but there has to be a bit more consideration on his future beyond this season.

This is not like Bayley Sironen comes to the end, and we don't need you anymore.

I think he mentioned a fishing/outdoor gig with TMM after his time is up so not sure he has any intention of heading to UK or across the ditch

Back