28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka Halasima
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Bit tough to call him a bum. Maybe Payten’s the nono?

This is a recruitment thread, keep the jokes out of it guys

brooklyn-nine-nine-brooklyn99.gif

Well there's a heap of players from the Melbourne rebels that would be looking for jobs from next year, I don't follow rugby to know if anyone would be good for us, but with the club going into administration there would be heaps of players.

Taniela Tupou? 🤣

Andrew Kellaway is the other top player. That's about it

Ok are there any NZ top rugby players who might convert after all the political goings on happening in NZ rugby? Time to pounce
I dunno. I reckon the best bang for buck is the younger generation. They switch on the TV and see yawnfest union, with its headlines of politics, and change the channel and see the excitement of NRL. Paying overs to a union player to convince them to have a crack at league doesn’t seem value for money. Plenty would be good. But you’d certainly have to pay the entry fee to find out

The kids though, are a much easier proposition

I dunno. I reckon the best bang for buck is the younger generation. They switch on the TV and see yawnfest union, with its headlines of politics, and change the channel and see the excitement of NRL. Paying overs to a union player to convince them to have a crack at league doesn’t seem value for money. Plenty would be good. But you’d certainly have to pay the entry fee to find out

The kids though, are a much easier proposition
Aren’t we signing them up. Lots of our juniors are union players who played a bit of league.
That said at an older level there are some quality NPC players worth looking at.

Murderer for a mum, drug dealer for a dad Payne Hass?
Your point is very well made and I fully agree. One thing about him recently is his in camp for origin interview where he acknowledged what's going on with his parents (or particularly his Dad) and said that his focus is on looking after his younger siblings so essentially while he has a murderer mum and a drug dealer Dad he is fulfilling the roles of both Mum and Dad for his siblings while being 24 and representing 💙 Mighty NSW. So I have respect for him in light of his response to having said mum and dad.

It reminds me of an anecdote I heard once that told the story of two brothers whose father was a rotten to the core violent abusive drug dealing scoundrel of a man and father.

30 years passed and the two brothers where interviewed about how their lives had turned out.

One was in prison for a whole bunch of bad stuff and said "with the father that I had what else could I do?"

The second was happy, "successful" by whatever measures and living a great life. He said "with the father that I had what else could I do?"

Murderer for a mum, drug dealer for a dad Payne Hass?
In what way has that effected his character on or off the field bro?
We don't get to pick our parents. The fact he's been able to make a successful career and has taken his younger brothers under his guardianship should tell you everything about him as a person. He's been a success in spite off them and should be given all the credit rather than having who his parents are held against him as a person.

In what way has that effected his character on or off the field bro?
We don't get to pick our parents. The fact he's been able to make a successful career and has taken his younger brothers under his guardianship should tell you everything about him as a person. He's been a success in spite off them and should be given all the credit rather than having who his parents are held against him as a person.
Intimidating police and driving offences are his only convictions personally I think.

Intimidating police and driving offences are his only convictions personally I think.
I had to look up his history last time defending him and saw those incidents. I look at those as very minor incidents even before taking his background into consideration. Add on he's only 24 those could easily be past off as idiotic things people do at young ages. I've had mates with far better backgrounds and family support systems that have done dumber things at slightly older ages and turned out to be good people.

I had to look up his history last time defending him and saw those incidents. I look at those as very minor incidents even before taking his background into consideration. Add on he's only 24 those could easily be past off as idiotic things people do at young ages. I've had mates with far better backgrounds and family support systems that have done dumber things at slightly older ages and turned out to be good people.
Yep relatively minor, all his press points to him trying to do good and stay on the right path. His family background aside, he's in a sport that rewards intimidation and violence (within the rules), so he's up against that too as a young guy navigating his life off the field. I don’t envy him at all with what he's got on his shoulders.

Back to recruitment... we're never getting him.

Yep relatively minor, all his press points to him trying to do good and stay on the right path. His family background aside, he's in a sport that rewards intimidation and violence (within the rules), so he's up against that too as a young guy navigating his life off the field. I don’t envy him at all with what he's got on his shoulders.

👍.
Speaking of recruitment, I believe there was a thread around here related to that?
Sorry I'll let myself out 😂.
Jokes aside How many spots do we have available if we were to take some educated guesses at upgrades etc next season. I for once am not stressed and trust in whatever management comes up/through with. Or that's just my cop out of not having to answer my own question lol

Yep we won't get him ever. Or JFH

Back