TeamList Warriors vs Sharks [Round 1, 2024]

Wonder who would’ve missed out if muss was available?
Bunty or ale?
I didn’t realize how big the ale fan club was- I’ve got my membership.
Big call from Webby- my only criticism of him last year was bringing jazz straight back in at ales expense so I wonder if he regrets that or it’s just a case of ale having the better off season?
Anyway- couple of of big outs but still a very good line up- sharks are no mugs so should be a good game.

Warriors Bench
Lussick - Back Up Hooker
Bunty - Standard vanilla Bench prop
Ale - Developing bench prop
Walker - Ball playing lock of high quality

Sharks Bench
Finucane - Hard Man Lock. Makes Tough metres
Jack Williams - Second Rower NRL standard no more no less
Toby Rudolf - Decent prop above average
Thomas Hazleton - vanilla prop but massive unit 198 cms and 116 kgs

They have 4 hefty forwards on their bench. We have only two. They are going to try smash us in the middle third. There was no way we could have picked Jazz as this is going to be a forwards vs forwards bash up.
They have the better bench but our starting props are much better.
Even though their lock combination of Mcinnis and Finucane would be the envy of many teams our lock combination of Harris and Walker will be superior and helpful in the battle for the middle third (I nearly wrote middle earth their for some reason lol )

As good as both teams back lines are, and both are slick this is going to be attritional up front and possibly the team with the best pre-season fitness under their belt will come out on top.

Even though their lock combination of Mcinnis and Finucane would be the envy of many teams our lock combination of Harris and Walker will be superior and helpful in the battle for the middle third
They've got an old school forward pack with f-all ball playing ability. Nikora can run a nice line, but the rest of them are more or less straight up and down. I reckon our forwards will outdo theirs by some margin.

I really think all the pressure is on the Sharks - and I'm not saying they aren't a big threat because they have a great chance to win.

However, they are now known as pretenders. Can't beat teams in the 8, Can't win away, Hynes doesn't standup when needed...

These are all stories written and ready to hit publish. That's not easy to overcome and they know it.

Does not sound too bad at all, sounds like a standard recovery.

Last year we seemed to give players one to two weeks extra recovery once they were back doing full training, which I think is a great way to treat recovery.

As we all know he is not working in a desk job so the stressors are very different and it is better to be cautious and wait just another round or two for the sake of the season.

Also, last year other people were expected to step up and they did when Marata was out injured or suspended.

They've got an old school forward pack with f-all ball playing ability. Nikora can run a nice line, but the rest of them are more or less straight up and down. I reckon our forwards will outdo theirs by some margin.
Agree with how they roll but I have it more even, the Sharks are good at holding their ground, we are not going to roll through them by having Bunty and Ale in there, not many sides roll the middle forwards of Cronulla.

We caused the Sharks pack problems when we moved them around through Walker and Jazz last year during the sporting moment of the year game and then in the second game where we gave them a hiding, they were demoralized already and in a slump, our spine had a field day, especially SJ targeting Moylan.

Unfortunate that Jazz is missing when he was the one talking the boys into taking it too the Sharks when we were getting a hiding.

Jazz however like anyone needs to face the penalty of a poor trial, so I as much as I support his being in our team, I think it is right he did not get picked this week.

He will of course go out there and kill in the NSW cup, the Jets are usually a pretty decent NSW nursery, but gee they are facing a hell team from the Warriors with several stars lining up against them.

Wish it was easy to watch the NSW cup game, that will be a cracker and holds a lot of interest for all of us.

Last edited:
I am frothing at how we will use RTS - presumably we saw most of it in the trials.

But, that one shift from AFB off the kickoff did not look like the Webby ball we have come to know which tells me they are cooking a bit of X-factor into their style.

There was a good writeup from Niche Cache which I agreed with, we don't want RTS roaming, we want to feed him.

I hope to see stuff all of Roger at first receiver - someone should be feeding him in space.

Exciting times.

Really wish we would opt for a bigger bench- two props on the bench is a worry for me against a big and mobile sharks pack. Niukore would have been very helpful for us in this game. I hope it doesn't rain- that rabbitohs game from last year still burns in my memory.

Agree with how they roll but I have it more even, the Sharks are good at holding their ground, we are not going to roll through them by having Bunty and Ale in there, not many sides roll the middle forwards of Cronulla.

We caused the Sharks pack problems when we moved them around through Walker and Jazz last year during the sporting moment of the year game and then in the second game where we gave them a hiding, they were demoralized already and in a slump, our spine had a field day, especially SJ targeting Moylan.

Unfortunate that Jazz is missing when he was the one talking the boys into taking it too the Sharks when we were getting a hiding.

Jazz however like anyone needs to face the penalty of a poor trial, so I as much as I support his being in our team, I think it is right he did not get picked this week.

He will of course go out there and kill in the NSW cup, the Jets are usually a pretty decent NSW nursery, but gee they are facing a hell team from the Warriors with several stars lining up against them.

Wish it was easy to watch the NSW cup game, that will be a cracker and holds a lot of interest for all of us.
Coverage of NSW cup Warriors vs Jets starts on Friday at 5.10PM on SKY SPORT 54. Kick off at 5.15PM

Happy with Lussick in there, though I would have like Jazz to get just one more crack.

I will also dare to disagree with Webby and say that Pompey at 18 is dumb imo, considering he can play wing and centre, when there is a guy like Chanel that has shown he can cover 5/6 position; 18th man isn’t important, until is is..

The NSW Cup team has CHT and TMM combining in the Halfs both need gametime and establish a combination, also important. You make a valid point though.

had that chill this morning, reminded of the dull thud after we choke, such a familiar feeling - god I hope this is different.

team naming makes it all real, seeing that there isn't much between most nrl teams on paper - the wish casting i've been doing all summer about to be tested

we're tuned in tho, we have the systems - we should get this, right?

I would have felt better with Niukore in there but I'm with the opinion that Ale is the the right guy to step up in his place tho a little intrigued there's a slight chance Laban may come in, which would necessitate a completely different rotation - idk - who knows?

Webby does

I am frothing at how we will use RTS - presumably we saw most of it in the trials.

But, that one shift from AFB off the kickoff did not look like the Webby ball we have come to know which tells me they are cooking a bit of X-factor into their style.

There was a good writeup from Niche Cache which I agreed with, we don't want RTS roaming, we want to feed him.

I hope to see stuff all of Roger at first receiver - someone should be feeding him in space.

Exciting times.
If we keep feeding RTS and his outsides it sets a platform for Metcalf and perhaps SJ to have a dart in the middle.
That's heads up football and playing what you see.
Great to have options

I guess the biggest factor to winning a comp in the Nrl is depth and looking at our main squad and wider squads we carry great depth and promising juniors.
The Nsw cup team is stacked I'm sure there's gonna be more injuries so Tmm jazz and cht will all get their turns but having them play down there will create hunger and competition for spots.
Very healthy👌

Back