TeamList Warriors vs Knights [Round 4, 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's member day tomorrow too, party at the lilypad from 3.30 but that's also when the nsw cup team is playing

Yeah he is approaching veteran level of experience with eighty games for the Warriors and two for NZ Maori.
So he should be fine, and he is the type of player that will be chomping at the bit to keep his career alive.
He telegraphed last year when the news broke about Roger playing center that he would 'train my arse off'....I have to say I felt sorry for him hearing him say that (knowing that he was gonna be pushing shit up hill) I guess I admire Pompey's attitude, a renowned hard trainer, one of those guys that believes that effort will offset ability.

Pretty much the heart of a Warrior. If there is an opportunity for him to convert to the forwards, I hope the Warriors give him a shot at it. Given his commitment to fitness, he could easily become a back row forward (coupled with his natural ability with tackling). Also Pompey would be a ball playing back rower when compared to some of others in that position.

The change in body shape, more muscle, more power, could really tip Pompey over that lip he seems stuck on where he is not fast for a Center, nor powerful, but if he played in the forwards tomorrow, he would be one of the quickest forwards in the NRL and therefore could afford to lose a step of pace as a forward for explosive power, and be pretty decent.

Runs hard, tackles hard, tall rangy player with no body fat issues, can pass a ball on the run like a center, it all stacks up.
Thats a rousing argument Sup, Pomps could be our Nanai or Riki on an edge, you convinced me it can work.

Yeah he is approaching veteran level of experience with eighty games for the Warriors and two for NZ Maori.
So he should be fine, and he is the type of player that will be chomping at the bit to keep his career alive.
He telegraphed last year when the news broke about Roger playing center that he would 'train my arse off'....I have to say I felt sorry for him hearing him say that (knowing that he was gonna be pushing shit up hill) I guess I admire Pompey's attitude, a renowned hard trainer, one of those guys that believes that effort will offset ability.

Pretty much the heart of a Warrior. If there is an opportunity for him to convert to the forwards, I hope the Warriors give him a shot at it. Given his commitment to fitness, he could easily become a back row forward (coupled with his natural ability with tackling). Also Pompey would be a ball playing back rower when compared to some of others in that position.

The change in body shape, more muscle, more power, could really tip Pompey over that lip he seems stuck on where he is not fast for a Center, nor powerful, but if he played in the forwards tomorrow, he would be one of the quickest forwards in the NRL and therefore could afford to lose a step of pace as a forward for explosive power, and be pretty decent.

Runs hard, tackles hard, tall rangy player with no body fat issues, can pass a ball on the run like a center, it all stacks up.

Dare I say it as I do not want to put pressure on the bloke. However with his size and work ethic he could be a Simon Mannering type when transitioned into the forwards.

Dare I say it as I do not want to put pressure on the bloke. However with his size and work ethic he could be a Simon Mannering type when transitioned into the forwards.
If you'd told me a few years ago Pompey would one day turn into the new Mannering, I'd have called an emergency HIA for you. But that was before the Webolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back