TeamList Rabbitohs vs Warriors - [Round 5, 2024]

So weather looks to be horrible overnight then clears with sun from morning onwards, strong wind? Maybe that’d dry up the ground afterall….

Imagine having cricket commentators doing pitch report, soft surface with two paced bounce on the northern end, captains might want to grubber first and hope for the dew in the second half 😂

We won’t lack for effort that’s for sure, our boys have a great attitude to win and we’ve done well thus far with injuries to key players and positional changes. Souths will be licking thier chops now and could either be their undoing or not, who knows. But I’m feeling anxious as now although Im ok with Pomps coming in on the right with a great centre inside him. But that bench is concerning. Hey….Im sure Webby knows what he’s doing so the boys have to stick to the game plan and execute both ends of the field. Just keep it simple boys….I don’t care if we win by one point. Just win.
If it makes you feel any better, the Souths bench looks pretty small too.

I don't understand why this forum is melting down over the late scratchings. We still have a back 5 that is more than capable of giving us good field position to win this game. All of our key players (CNK, RTS, SJ, AFB, Egan, Harris) are in this game. With Laban coming in, we will have two props in Bunty and ALe on the bench. Maybe not the biggest bench we have on offer but not exactly a midget bench that has been described either. In fact, it's essentially the same forward pack + bench (minus egan) that outran the big Raiders pack in Christchurch two weeks ago. Moreover Souths also are opting for a leaner more mobile bench (they've dropped Moale for a young hooker they are debuting). So I don't think we're getting overpowered in this game.

This game was always going to be a grind given the weather conditions but we are still more than capable of winning today. This is a test of how good our depth really is. With DWZ out, the remaining back 5 will need to pick up his slack in terms of his carries that are so pivotal to us dominating field position in our first four matches. But I have faith Pomps will step up: I'm sure he wants to prove to Webby that he still has a place in this team.

Last edited:
So weather looks to be horrible overnight then clears with sun from morning onwards, strong wind? Maybe that’d dry up the ground afterall….

Imagine having cricket commentators doing pitch report, soft surface with two paced bounce on the northern end, captains might want to grubber first and hope for the dew in the second half 😂
It just stopped raining here (I’m about 10km) from the stadium, but there’s been so much rain the park at the end of the street is flooded.

I don't understand why this forum is melting down over the late scratchings. We still have a back 5 that is more than capable of giving us good field position to win this game. All of our key players (CNK, RTS, SJ, AFB, Egan, Harris) are in this game. With Laban coming in, we will have two props in Bunty and ALe on the bench. Maybe not the biggest bench we have on offer but not exactly a midget bench that has been described either. In fact, it's essentially the same forward pack + bench (minus egan) that outran the big Raiders pack in Christchurch two weeks ago. Moreover Souths also are opting for a leaner more mobile bench (they've dropped Moale for a young hooker they are debuting). So I don't think we're getting overpowered in this game.

This game was always going to be a grind given the weather conditions but we are still more than capable of winning today. This is a test of how good our depth really is. With DWZ out, the remaining back 5 will need to pick up his slack in terms of his carries that are so pivotal to us dominating field position in our first four matches. But I have faith Pomps will step up: I'm sure he wants to prove to Webby that he still has a place in this team.
Seen several people saying Laban is in the team. Is this just people speculating (id like to see him added as well) or has this been confirmed as the only updated team list ive seen is Chanel to the bench and Pompey on the wing which gives us that midget bench that does concern especially if the conditions havent cleared.

If Laban does come in id hope it would be for Lussick and i doubt Webster would have him play 80 so he'd probably start on the bench and spell Barnett at some stage......speculating.

Last edited:
Would love to see that bench run on a dry track.

If that is the midget bench we are forced to go with then we have to play dry weather football in the wet.

We are probably looking at a scenario where we are forced to throw caution to the wind and use short balls and dummy half runs to counter our lack of forwards.

Gamble on Dry weather mobile footy with ball movement and back up the inevitable turn overs with defence.

Ignoring the ridiculous lack of forwards this mini side are still a defensive Rugby league side to a man, and throwing in some mad man hyperbole here....Ï am gonna say fuck Souths, this is the first time the NRL will see CNK and RTS kick returning and working out of DH in tandem.

If Manu V could carry weak forwards on his own off his set starts, CNK and Roger can lay a platform for some Tohu, Freddy, CHT, short ball trickery.

Our biggest problem is how the Ref deals with Souths slowing down the Ruck in the wet......if RTS and CNK force the issue and throw hissy fits....if the crowd boos enough....perhaps we can run Souths off their feet with Jazz, CHT and Freddy DH running off CNK and RTS kick starts.....thereafter in their red zone we use the short balls since we have three half backs and three hookers to put forwards through holes...forwards who have not had to do all the work in hit ups thanks to our backs.
Agreed that bench would dictate a lot of ball movement with lots of short interchange passing between forwards, dropping players back on the inside that sort of thing. Problem is thats high risk in the potential conditions they could face (altho good to hear from the locals on here that its clearing). If that is the bench we end up running out with tho and it does come off and turn out to be the difference between the sides.......that would truly be some fine ass coaching.

Agreed that bench would dictate a lot of ball movement with lots of short interchange passing between forwards, dropping players back on the inside that sort of thing. Problem is thats high risk in the potential conditions they could face (altho good to hear from the locals on here that its clearing). If that is the bench we end up running out with tho and it does come off and turn out to be the difference between the sides.......that would truly be some fine ass coaching.
If Laban is going to play I certainly hope he stays on the field longer than his debut.

Back