Post Match Storm v Warriors - [Round 2, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F#[&!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yup, people thinking we blew it at the the end. We blew it at the start. It's just the finish is more dramatic. We still had the opportunity to come away with the two points but against very good, well drilled sides you need to be on your game for much longer than we were
8pts up just under 3mins to go ...we fucking blew it ...

Never ceases to amaze me with the opinions of different posters about different players.
Last night we had a guy saying that Taine was reserve grade at the most
While another guy says Taine was amazing.
Different people watching the same game.
Oh well. Each to their own

I must have missed it somewhere but was SJ injured and not goal kicking or is this a ploy to use Metcalfe?

Speaking of Metcalfe, still think he over runs the ball carrier a tad when on attack.
If it is… he needs to improve a lot. Didn’t seem to strike any of the kicks that well. Even the ones in front looked like some of my golf shots hooking to the left.

Well one thing with this game it at least decided the important issue of who is a better tackler Metcalfe or CHT. In all seriousness it was a great game of RL we witnessed last night. I was watching the first half thinking business as normal when we play the Storm. Then in the second half we were doing a Storm on the Storm.

Harry Grant the goon was so desperate he resorted to cheap trick that backfired. I was daring to believe we finally was about to beat those shitheads. We then saw perhaps one of the greatest tries scored in years for the Storm to win it of which I am 100% positive he scored. Really sucks but image if that game had been played at Vegas. It was two top 4 sides going at it last night and I think the better side lost due to a freak try.

Much more confident for the rest of the season after that epic match. Also thought Lussick, Ford and Tuaupiki really improved from last week.

Never ceases to amaze me with the opinions of different posters about different players.
Last night we had a guy saying that Taine was reserve grade at the most
While another guy says Taine was amazing.
Different people watching the same game.
Oh well. Each to their own
I Think a lot of it is just rage posting. Example is, player A makes an error and leads to a try and everyones burn this guy send him to NSW Cup, he's shit bla bla bla. Then player A scores the match winner and its RESIGN HIM!!! Haha.

Takes a good day and a watch of the replay to give a clear sort of review on things especially after a loss. Now that the saltiness is gone, honestly Coates try was incredible and the athleticism was unbelievable! But DWZ does that week in and week out when scoring haha.

On Taine, he played out of his skin getting better and better to be fair.

Harry Grant the goon was so desperate he resorted to cheap trick that backfired.
Trying to replicate one of the all time bests. Cameron Smith done that one year against us and we got penalised. Remember it well because i threw my bottle of woodstock at the tv 😂 pretty sure he even threw it forward into us lmfao

Just well constructed plays involving players with x factor i think. If your sticking to your structure and teams score outside those structures like that so be it, its when your not sticking to those structures youve got problems.

Quite right both those Paps tries were obviously planed, went wide, threw a couple of decoys to hold up the line (to which i thought both times we handled pretty well and were still sliding across) both times targetting our second rowers (Capewell and Ford defending inside our halves). In the end they we're just too slick with some nice hands (especially that 2nd one from Katoa), then if you've got x factor speed like Papenhuyzen does and the timings good.....then they'll break any defence down, dont think we did anything necessarily wrong.

The Coates one i think you need to look at what happened before they spread it (cant remember the play before hand) but Paps got on the outside of Barnett (thats a bad mismatch for us) and it ended up being a 4 on 3 which is why Rocco and Dallin we're holding.....i actually think they did really well there to recover (a few seasons back we wouldve had players jamming in all over the place and getting caught for numbers basically anytime a team spread the ball on us)......we recovered Dallin got to his man......just unfortunate he turned into the fucking olympic high jump champion.

Think we just take our medicine and tip our hat to some good and freakish plays from the opposition there.
Must admit, as unfortunate as it was for us it’s great to see little papi looking so good- thought his career was over last year.

Sitting at a wedding reception during the game and having to head to the toilets to check on the scores. Sure the guests thought there was something going on with the exodus from the top table through the night.
Shooting up Wahs in the toilet at a wedding, a tale as old as time.

As with any Class A substance, it can bring both euphoria in the moment, but also a hefty serotonin depleted Sunday such as today.

Still not really sad or angry about the game after sleeping on it

We played only had 20 great minutes last week, and 40 great minutes last night and still only lost each game by 4

All the while missing two of our starting spine, who were nominated for Dally M Hooker and the Golden Boot last year, and our one true enforcer.

Still 25 rounds to go, We will be top 4 again this year, that’s for fucking sure.

IMG_2513.jpeg

Back