Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F#[&!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just a question though....

Do people think we blew that at the end?
Outside of the charge down by Barnett, I don't think you can put anything in that last 2 min to Warriors effort.
Storm were desperate and threw the ball around a bunch, and it came off. Both of their tries were really, really great tries and as shit as it was for us, that sometimes happens.

I don't think we choked, or blew it or how ever you want to call it. Just a really unfortunate 2 minutes I'd you're a warriors fan

Yeah I thought it was quite weird. Tohu's one looked like there was high contact, he stayed down and they looked at it.
They then determined it was fine and no high contact, but 2 minutes he was off for a HIA.

So what was the call then? Contact around the head not good enough for a penalty, but good enough for a head assessment? Just seems inconsistent. I thought Rocco's one was strange tho, yes he got hit when he passed the ball but I didn't see anything that looked like he was rocked, or struggling.
Very inconsistent, Tohu just got smacked in the ear and it drew blood…..it wasn’t a massive collision so what’s the big deal. Doubt he felt woozy. Refs looking for any opportunity to pull off a key player for a bit to slow us down.

Berry is really impressing me, he’s come far and I agree, his collision wasn’t heavy either. Another crap HIA assessment.

Great game and yes we should have won it but not many players could score a freak try like that at the end.Its only game 2.Nxt week will come our first win of the season.
Oh man, I’m not gonna even watch the highlights, that try was incredible amd I’ll give credit where it’s due but this is the last time I’m gonna mention it……it was so good that I refuse to watch it again because it came from Melbourne to snatch the game.

I harshly gave the boys a C- immediately after the game, but that 2nd half fightback was incredible. I think the best thing about it was seeing SJ pump players up and really grab the game. He was great last night. Walker tried a little too hard but was picking them apart at times. Berry's kick chase and D we're excellent. Dallin was running through brick walls. So many good performances.

But God damn that one stings! Couldn't even manage a tug after that 😔

I think the players need to spend less time making adverts for Wendy's and spend that time learning how to play for the full 80 minutes ! 2 games this season they should have won yet they stuffed both games up !

If the warriors lose next week they will be on life support
Are you a young poster? Not been following this lot for twenty plus years? I honestly ask respectfully and mean no disrespect. Just tryna get where the angst is coming from.

Top teams like us lose games in the early rounds, three in a row is no issue provided all the loses are narrow and are to decent teams.

Canberra are one of the form sides in the comp at the moment, if they get us I still won't be stressing.

We learned a lot of useful information last night (Webster did, although he would rightly argue he saw exactly what he planned for).

Take the decision to stick with Taine Tuaupiki, we now have three NRL quality fullbacks, or the decision to stick with Metcalf, who showed he can throw an epic cut out ball when the game is on the line, or the cementing of Rocco Berry's tip on hot potato passes to Dallin.

We also saw that Lussick can be a more than passable hooker under Webster, and we still have some serious fire power to come back from injury to get us over the line in tight games.

Based off all my years of following the team, this is the first time in maybe forever where I am completely relaxed and excited about our top eight prospects, we are right on track for another finals appearance. We do need Shaun though, he is the best we have.

Last edited:
We managed to concede 12 points in the space of about 3 minutes. Regardless of how they did it, that's blowing it from us.
I also what happened to the old slow play the ball teams that were leading would do with minutes to go ... we seem to keep playing like we were behind and trying for another try RTS mistake play the ball wouldn't have happened if it was slow it down mins to go...

The player that charged the ball down cost us. if he never got the charge down we would have had the ball back and been able to control it for a bit.

We managed to concede 12 points in the space of about 3 minutes. Regardless of how they did it, that's blowing it from us.

Nah I disagree completely

IMO 'blowing it' means that WE lost it. Give credit where credit it due man, they're calling it the greatest end to a game of all time. 2 GREAT tries at the end from a top team....

There's maybe 2 or 3 games that I've seen in the last 15 years that had a better ending to a game than that. Sometimes despite everything you do and how well you play, a freak play or two can take the game away from you.

That's what happened last night. Sometimes it's out of your control and those last few minutes the way the Storm were playing, was out of our control.

Watching the first half I was thinking they look like they are on vacation and in the first game they looked to casual when they had the first 2 tries
Last year they were scrapping for everything!
Yup, people thinking we blew it at the end. We blew it at the start. It's just the finish is more dramatic. We still had the opportunity to come away with the two points but against very good, well drilled sides you need to be on your game for much longer than we were

Last edited:
Nah I disagree completely

IMO 'blowing it' means that WE lost it. Give credit where credit it due man, they're calling it the greatest end to a game of all time. 2 GREAT tries at the end from a top team....

There's maybe 2 or 3 games that I've seen in the last 15 years that had a better ending to a game than that. Sometimes despite everything you do and how well you play, a freak play or two can take the game away from you.

That's what happened last night. Sometimes it's out of your control and those last few minutes the way the Storm were playing, was out of our control.
both storm try's with 3mins to go ... come from the Warriors defence errors ....

first rule of DEFENSE.... MARK your man!!!! believe in your teammate to mark his.... Metcalf your man is Pamps .....not RTS man... same with DWZ if berry misses his tackle and they score fine you were marking your man..but soon as he pushed in that gave coates room he never should have
we have defensive trust issues ..and if we want to win against the best we need to sort them out asap ..and learn how to slow the game down with 5mins to go FFS!!!

Yup, people thinking we blew it at the the end. We blew it at the start. It's just the finish is more dramatic. We still had the opportunity to come away with the two points but against very good, well drilled sides you need to be on your game for much longer than we were
Webster might be to nice for his own good, Bellamy hates players who don't perform at 100% every week and the players know it! 🤣

Back