Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big Oil owns the climate movement mate. That’s why Greens are anti nuclear. Can’t have 100yr power plants pumping out basically unlimited power.

Why do you think renewable energy is disposable energy? Pv, turbines, batteries. All made from fossil fuels and all “consumables”.

In fact the tactics you worried about has already been used to convince nations to follow Germanys descent into energy madness.
Can the Lucas Heights reactor produce an commercial amount of power or is it used only for manufacture and scientific experiments?

Big Oil owns the climate movement mate. That’s why Greens are anti nuclear. Can’t have 100yr power plants pumping out basically unlimited power.

Why do you think renewable energy is disposable energy? Pv, turbines, batteries. All made from fossil fuels and all “consumables”.

In fact the tactics you worried about has already been used to convince nations to follow Germanys descent into energy madness.
Wait, the Greens are owned by the fossil fuel industry? Does James Shaw know this, or is he a useful idiot

Underfund for years as part of the big government bad mantra (a core tenet of the neoliberal framework btw :) ), allow private health providers to move in and steal the health workers, allow unrestrained migration, have a world pandemic and yep that'll do it.

Thanks neoliberalism.
Funding has gone up though, albeit don’t know if it allowed for immigration?

I think in every field from govt services to restaurant staff to tradesmen is struggling for staff. There seems to be less doers and more thinkers/ planners/ managers.

Less nurses more office staff; less teachers more ministry staff; less road workers more road cone arrangers; less builders more computer programmers.

Wait, the Greens are owned by the fossil fuel industry? Does James Shaw know this, or is he a useful idiot
If you don’t believe me, have a look at major policy. I’m not taking about “pollution is bad” or “save the animals”. I’m talking tactile policy to reduce large scale environmental problems.

Greens have become performative activists, just as any ideologues do. They are guilty of letting perfect get in the way of good.

Gas + nuclear use the least resources, generate the most consistent energy at the lowest cost. The clincher is its demonstrably so. Green policy is removed from reality, hydrogen is a fantasy, so are batteries, wave power and grid scale renewables, carbon capture and the rest.

Don’t worry though, there’s 1000 academics to show you “modelling” that proves they are right and reality is in fact wrong.

The German Energiewende experiment is an unmitigated fucking disaster that cost $1T to leave Germans with terrible emissions and high prices.

If anything should be compulsory in schools, it should be lessons on that.

If you don’t believe me, have a look at major policy. I’m not taking about “pollution is bad” or “save the animals”. I’m talking tactile policy to reduce large scale environmental problems.

Greens have become performative activists, just as any ideologues do. They are guilty of letting perfect get in the way of good.

Gas + nuclear use the least resources, generate the most consistent energy at the lowest cost. The clincher is its demonstrably so. Green policy is removed from reality, hydrogen is a fantasy, so are batteries, wave power and grid scale renewables, carbon capture and the rest.

Don’t worry though, there’s 1000 academics to show you “modelling” that proves they are right and reality is in fact wrong.

The German Energiewende experiment is an unmitigated fucking disaster that cost $1T to leave Germans with terrible emissions and high prices.

If anything should be compulsory in schools, it should be lessons on that.
Is all of the academic climate modelling funded by Big Oil to counter the nuclear option? Or just skewed to ensure oil is still necessary in these faulty solutions, is that what the game is?

Is there any desire to change the legislation?
Yup. Power prices. It’s an extremely easy prediction to make.

Labour will survive only as long as they can keep delaying the power price timebomb. Personally I think they won’t make this next election.

LNP will have learnt, cheap energy is the backbone of a prosperous nation. They will rapidly progress repealing.

Is all of the academic climate modelling funded by Big Oil to counter the nuclear option? Or just skewed to ensure oil is still necessary in these faulty solutions, is that what the game is?
No.

nuclear is a scare campaign because the data shows you can and do power nations with a handful of reactors.

The modern day scourge of academic modelling is designed to get public acceptance on matters.

The data says you CANT run a county on wind and solar, so they release endless modelling that says you can. And citizens lap it up.

Are the Govt or other orgs doing anything to assist the youth up there? Imagine the poverty rate is high, if unemployment is high.
Not that I've seen. I guess Govt pays the money and hopes for the best. There will be some form of compliance for the beneficiaries but few alternatives unless somebody motivates them somehow.. I think they encourage people to go out and find work and provide courses to teach them how to prepare for an interview and stuff, but its only window dressing. Cost of living is high up here, everything is more expensive other than fuel, a little cheaper than Auckland.

Look at hydrogen. Listen to any serious scientist or physicist and they will tell you it’s an exercise in futility. That doesn’t stop governments pouring BILLIONS into it. Why not build reactors?

This simply flow chart shows how governments have blown billions. Green hydrogen is when you take 100kWh and turn it into 42kWh

IMG_8328.jpeg

Each step in the hydrogen path on the left is owned by fossil fuel companies and requires massive amounts of resources.

Probably not but their parents were. We should be ashamed as a nation we have so many kids with fetal alcohol syndrome, entirely preventable.
Tragic alright. Back to the point, are these damaged kids being used as political propaganda in unemployment figures or not?

Last edited:
This simply flow chart shows how governments have blown billions. Green hydrogen is when you take 100kWh and turn it into 42kWh

View attachment 5018

Each step in the hydrogen path on the left is owned by fossil fuel companies and requires massive amounts of resources.
Do you think research scientists and developers of hydrogen fuel are aware that they're tools of FF industry, or are they oblivious rubes?

Tragic alright. Back to the point, are these kids being used as political propaganda in unemployment figures, or not?
How many are there? The ones deemed beyond employable are probably on invalid or sickness benefits of some sort that are more permanent. I still think they can make a positive contribution to society and feel proud if given the opportunity, carot and stick.

How many are there? The ones deemed beyond employable are probably on invalid or sickness benefits of some sort that are more permanent. I still think they can make a positive contribution to society and feel proud if given the opportunity, carot and stick.
That's my question about breaking down the 34,000 figure on Jobseekers, sounds bad if there's no underlying reason for them to be unemployed.

Do you think research scientists and developers of hydrogen fuel are aware that they're tools of FF industry, or are they oblivious rubes?
Surely you are aware of the endless ethical dilemmas faced by scientists, by how their work is used.

Have a look a CSIRO here in Australia. They wrote report after report scream that renewables are cheaper. Then came the caveat,

renewables are cheaper* for new investors into the power market.

They’ve knowingly promoted the mantra “renewables are cheaper” knowing that consumers think that it refers to consumer cost. Thats unethical as fuck.

As for the why, look at the money being spent. $100bil last year alone in Aus. And that’s not subsidies or rebates, that’s cold hard hand out cash.

Back