28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
From the top of my head everyone in the team has either a Kiwi partner, or has signed an extension quite recently

The only two that don’t fit under that is Walker and Barnett

Walker we absolutely can’t lose imo, too important if we are having another push to contend next year, plus Walker being on a reported 700-800k range is worth it for us, but would be hard pressed to find a team to take that on anyway

Barnett I could convince myself on though..

Not that they wouldn’t be a gun pairing, but he and Fish are already quite similar players, so they might not compliment one another suuuper well

He’s is in origin smokey territory at the moment, so there would be no drama in having his full contract paid by whatever team he would move to. It could even save us a penny or two going from him to Ice.

With most of the young forwards coming through atm being middles rather that back rowers as far as I am aware, it could also clear the way for more opportunities for some of them 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps Barnett is the perfect gift basket to Ivan after we took his pack leader, his son, and what should have been a gimme W in the weekend? 😅😂

Honestly, from the top of my head everyone in the team has either a Kiwi partner, or has signed an extension quite recently

The only two that don’t fit under that is Walker and Barnett

Walker we absolutely can’t lose imo, too important if we are having another push to contend next year, plus Walker being on a reported 700-800k range is worth it for us, but would be hard pressed to find a team to take that on anyway

Barnett I could convince myself on though..

Not that they wouldn’t be a gun pairing, but he and Fish are already quite similar players, so they might not compliment one another suuuper well

He’s is in origin smokey territory at the moment, so there would be no drama in having his full contract paid by whatever team he would move to. It could even save us a penny or two going from him to Ice.

With most of the young forwards coming through atm being middles rather that back rowers as far as I am aware, it could also clear the way for more opportunities for some of them 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps Barnett is the perfect gift basket to Ivan after we took his pack leader, his son, and what should have been a gimme W in the weekend? 😅😂

Excuse me?

Excuse me?

IMG_3715.jpeg

He has seemed disinterested for a while. Not the 1 percenter guy that Webby likes. The Tigers are having a laugh if they expect someone to pick up his full contract.

I was always thought he was an energiser bunny for the Warriors on defence, who was weak on offence. But he has changed.

David Fafita rang Politis to say he was having cold feet inside the cooling down period - Politis said fuck ya and pulled the deal.

Paps signs a contract but refuses to answer any questions about stories that he wanted to back flip for months and months, the Tigers still begged him knowing full well this is how it would play out.

I highly doubt we are interested unless we offloaded someone, the rest of the cap needs to be used internally on that depth. I want good players having to force their way in - look at what Taine is doing.

I think he will get picked up for good coin though, most will blame the tigers for his performance. But his only good year was when Parra signed him for change from us, he coasts when on contract.

[IMG alt="Beavers Headgear"]https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/data/avatars/m/10/10231.jpg?1187772914[/IMG]

Beavers Headgear

First Grade​

Messages8,896
Just listening to SEN out of Aussie and apparently the noise is getting louder about Dylan Brown to the Warriors

Off the Warriors LU forum. No idea if there’s any truth?

If true it's because we think we need an out and out 6.

And, long running stories of Metcalf being homesick. (Even though he extended).

But I would be leaning to it not being true at all.

Could it be Metcalf, and that’s where the Dylan Brown rumour comes from? If Papali’i is a hint positional, then Capewell or Barnett would make sense

It can only be this.

He extended despite reports his partner isn't settled etc etc.

Even with his injuries we are covered with depth.

I think he will get picked up for good coin though, most will blame the tigers for his performance. But his only good year was when Parra signed him for change from us, he coasts when on contract.
He had two very good years at Parra and his first year at the Tigers was also decent. Even with playing less minutes this season he has outperformed some of our current 2nd rowers and is young, got an engine and has shown the skill in the past to dominate when in a good team.

You are underselling him saying he has only ever had one good year.

He had two very good years at Parra and his first year at the Tigers was also decent. Even with playing less minutes this season he has outperformed some of our current 2nd rowers and is young, got an engine and has shown the skill in the past to dominate when in a good team.

You are underselling him saying he has only ever had one good year.

I'm not underselling him. Literally said he will go for good coin.

One good year may have been a harsh statement but doesn't change the fact his game peaked when he had to earn it.

No disrespect to him though, happens to many players.

One good year may have been a harsh statement but doesn't change the fact his game peaked when he had to earn it.

Or his game peaked when he was in a better system/team.

I don't think he's a game changer on his own but in a good system/team I think he would perform extremely well.

Only hesitation I’d have would be salary. Apparently on $650k a season and has ratchet clause that sees him go to $750k next season

We want to be a development club. If we sign a player the Tigers who are struggling do not want to keep what does that say to the players who are knocking on the door of first grade. He controls his performance and from what I can see is inconsistent in applying himself.
We have better leaders now and better talent coming through. What is the problem he is solving?
Or his game peaked when he was in a better system/team.

I don't think he's a game changer on his own but in a good system/team I think he would perform extremely well.

Back