28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
isnt this part of the reason he packed it up and left? Wanted to be an edge rather than a middle?

I like our kids tbh and would like to see them developed, that being said, the only way I see him coming is if he takes a big cut to be at home, or if one of Capewell/Walker/Jazz leave
He did seem to pack a bit of a sulk, but he was proved correct when he shone on the edge at Para. I'm a bit ambivalent about him, he's elite in the Kiwis but rocks and diamonds otherwise. Anyone's guess whether he thrives under Webby, probably worth a shot though.

Not sure of the situation with his partner also? She could have a bearing on him wanting to head home?
Agree. Was thinking the same. Pretty sure she had a ‘train and trial’ thing going with the NSW netball team for a bit there. To play for NZ tho, she needs to be playing NZ as per current NZ requirements. U can only live in a long distance relationship for so long. Guessing he has a 3rd party deal with Kleenex to help him out???

Not sure of the situation with his partner also? She could have a bearing on him wanting to head home?
Agree. Was thinking the same. Pretty sure she had a ‘train and trial’ thing going with the NSW netball team for a bit there. To play for NZ tho, she needs to be playing NZ as per current NZ requirements. U can only live in a long distance relationship for so long. Guessi g he has a 3rd party deal with Allen ex
Too much crying, you reckon?
In the words of old Warrior James Maloney “To much bbq’ing alone”

She'll decide where they go, if he knows what's good for him.
Elle Timu(Daughter of Jason Timu Ex Warrior & Newcastle knight) is playing for the NSW Swift in the Suncorp Super Netball comp, For 2024 season. No option for next year.
There is talk the ANZ Cup is on the verge of collapse. And 4 NZ Netball franchise's will join Australian Super Netball next year.

Never know, She might go home to play for a NZ Franchise and drag Papa with her. After all, She made the sacrifice to move for him. Now it's his turn! Lol.

Who knows. We could get him cheap if he was desperate enough to come home and be with his lady.

Elle Timu(Daughter of Jason Timu Ex Warrior & Newcastle knight) is playing for the NSW Swift in the Suncorp Super Netball comp, For 2024 season. No option for next year.
There is talk the ANZ Cup is on the verge of collapse. And 4 NZ Netball franchise's will join Australian Super Netball next year.
Holly shit we definitely need to bring these love birds home- if only to sign their offspring.

Edit: hold on I was thinking John Timu…
Oh well sign ice up anyway- him and marata formed a fearsome duo at the eels.

In regards to Papali'i there isn't much in the articles on why he wants out of the Tigers. He was hesitant to go there in the first place. They also had a different coach (Sheens) when he arrived from the one he signed on to play under (Mcguire). Then they ended up with another coach (Marshall).

Playing in a team that is struggling wouldn't help. He knew that when he signed with them.

We don't know if it an issue with the Tigers (coaching, deals not being paid) or after missing Fafita some other clubs have made some inquiries. Coming home to Auckland is nice and all for family but I hear the Roosters off site contacts 🤠 help you out for life.

Anasta on NRL360 the other week sounded like Deontay Wilder. He uses contacts from his time at the Roosters to this day.

View: https://youtu.be/J4W4Hn_i8XQ?t=47

For the Warriors we have been hit by injuries. It would mean we wouldn't need to move Barnett from the middle. Again like others have pointed out we have young players in that position so it would put a case of managing the cap and their development.

An article at the start of the year had each club and the number off contract. We didn't have much and it didn't look like we would be too active.

A lot of the other clubs are cashed up with players moving on.

Back