Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I’ve worn out the letters on my keyboard typing about the club trying to land Stefano. 🤨
He is going to be a top 3 prop in the next few years. Not sure why his name has been mentioned in this article. Last I herd he was getting the clause removed as he wanted to stay at the tigers for life (I know talk is cheap) also just had a baby, with his support network in Sydney.
I would love to get him!!! But think it’s a dream

Ice has to be a possible target doesn't he?
I mean if were to lose afb and sign ice and bhu (2 realistic signings) we would still have a pretty formidable pack- barney and marata would have to play through the middle though.

bhu
egan
barnett
ice
capewah
harris

nuikore
ale/ jazz/ zyon/ bunty/ whoever
ford
walker
For so long now Papali’i has been linked with a move back, I think must happen sooner or later too. He’s playing at a weight and a point of his career too where some second rowers transition to front row. Could switch him to front row when bringing the likes of Ford on for a stint each?

Personally I'd start Niukore then bring on Barnett to ramp up the defensive line speed after 25 minutes. That said, I don't think Webster would factor in anyone's salary when determining his starters vs bench. If reports are correct then we've already paid Niukore about a third of his contract money in year 1 of a 4 year deal anyway

Ice has to be a possible target doesn't he?
I mean if were to lose afb and sign ice and bhu (2 realistic signings) we would still have a pretty formidable pack- barney and marata would have to play through the middle though.

bhu
egan
barnett
ice
capewah
harris

nuikore
ale/ jazz/ zyon/ bunty/ whoever
ford
walker
Worst bit about Ipap at the Tigers is his contract (if you believe the press) is less than we are offering BHU.

what do u mean by that? do u think his contract is front loaded similar to finucane?
Yeah the Daily Telegraph (or maybe it was the SMH), for what that's worth, reported him at something like 850k last season. If true, it leaves just 1.65M over the next 3 years at an average of 550k. There's been mention of ratchet clauses, for some players, where the contract inflates according to the cap increase though

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't have paid that much to start with but they already have so thats all water under the bridge now so u just play him wherever best suits the team but swap him in for bhu or barney if u like but neither of them are on peanuts either...
Yeah, I remember watching NRL 360 and them going on about the top 5 paid second rowers, him being paid 850k. I was like “what the fuck, seriously”????

He’s a good player don’t get me wrong.

As a second rower I don’t think he offers much more than Curran did, at almost half the price.

He runs a really good down line and he hit Aaron Pene. That’s pretty much it. When people go on about “enforcer” or whatever. Ok, kinda. Plus the suspensions.