Roosters

Kickoff In:

Allianz Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

If Pompey stays on the bench Webby actually needs to pull his head in. We need to be aiming for maximum upside, if something goes wrong e.g. egan head knock or an injury to a back, we'll lose but if we have pompey or lussick on the bench we'll most likely lose anyway even if everything goes to plan.

It's the perfect time to bring in Zyon Maiu’u. Doesn't matter if he sucks no one will blame him for losing this one. But potentially he comes on and just brings energy and menace to help stem the tide against the roosters massive bench. It also gives him more experience which is vital with Niukore having such lengthy injuries. Jazz, bless him, we could have used him these last few games. But he ain't shifting the momentum. Give young Zyon Maiu’u a chance to put some hurt in for 20 - 30 mins in the middle.

Do you really think the 17th player on a bench makes that much difference?

Grow up

It's the perfect time to bring in Zyon Maiu’u. Doesn't matter if he sucks no one will blame him for losing this one. But potentially he comes on and just brings energy and menace to help stem the tide against the roosters massive bench. It also gives him more experience which is vital with Niukore having such lengthy injuries. Jazz, bless him, we could have used him these last few games. But he ain't shifting the momentum. Give young Zyon Maiu’u a chance to put some hurt in for 20 - 30 mins in the middle.
I'll say it again, 4 middles on the bench is too many mouths to feed.

I really hope Ford reverts back to the left & Laban makes the 17 as I can't imagine Barnett goes 80 there. If Barnett stays on the left & we run 1-17 then if he needs a spell we have Pompey at left edge (in a new position) & Ford (2 games into a new role) on the right.
The whole experiment of Ford to the right is just so odd. NSW Cup highlights, into NRL highlights, have Ford solely as a left sided player when playing Second Row.
I can't recall seeing Laban on the left edge until a fortnight ago either.
Maybe I'm over thinking it, maybe Andrew Webster is over thinking it, or maybe it pays off & I'll enjoy some humble pie
New Stategy .. defending with 2 centres on the same side?

not physically gifted to break the line - no deadly step, or fend or size unfortunately...

Someone mentioned that it's his longest streak of games in his short career, so he's probably struggling with the week in week out grind of NRL.

The blokes still only 2022, and we saw what he was able to do with good ball when our teams going forward. Great at setting DWZ up, he runs good lines too and has scored a few tries close to the line.

Has deffo missed a few tackles in the last week, and I think it was against Suli and Lomax he wasn't able to wrap up that ball and they got a few offloads away to set up tries.

But, I think he's shown enough that if we stick with him he'll go alright. Maybe gets an extra week rest here and there, is be happy to drop him for the Panthers game and give him a 2 week rest to freshen up

Someone mentioned that it's his longest streak of games in his short career, so he's probably struggling with the week in week out grind of NRL.

The blokes still only 2022, and we saw what he was able to do with good ball when our teams going forward. Great at setting DWZ up, he runs good lines too and has scored a few tries close to the line.

Has deffo missed a few tackles in the last week, and I think it was against Suli and Lomax he wasn't able to wrap up that ball and they got a few offloads away to set up tries.

But, I think he's shown enough that if we stick with him he'll go alright. Maybe gets an extra week rest here and there, is be happy to drop him for the Panthers game and give him a 2 week rest to freshen up

agree , 22 and still learning which means he doesnt have a mortgage on the centre position and deserves to be dropped when hes underperformed....

He shouldnt be considered a locked for that C spot every week

Ali needs a turn

agree , 22 and still learning which means he doesnt have a mortgage on the centre position and deserves to be dropped when hes underperformed....

He shouldnt be considered a locked for that C spot every week

Ali needs a turn

Yeah fair call, but again I don't feel that anyone's played super poorly, I just feel as a team we've struggled to adapt to all of the injuries we've had, which has meant that we've had to chop and change the team.

Have you noticed SJ is almost 'stopping' at the line and trying to draw and pass, as it looks like he's not for enough to do what he was doing last year. Not an excuse, but when SJ has been injured most the year, CNK out for the first 4, and how many edge forwards have been inside Berry this year? Ford, Capewell, Laban...no one's able to build combinations in that scenario

And what about Ali, he needs to be banging the door down in NSW Cup to make Webby's life hard...how's he going?

SJ isn’t doing what he was doing last year where he was running it to the line and then play making
And honest question, does he practice kicking to the left? I know he has done kicks to the left but it doesn't seem to be a variable that he uses much & it might work, keep the opposition guessing a little?
He doesn't get the space he did last year because the right side play is so predictable they're up on him, and therefore Berry & co. He needs to vary his play

Don't be so negative re S2 above. Two NZ teams would take the heat off the Warriors who have always shouldered the burden of meeting the expectations of the whole country. This forum can do its part by recognising this fact before decrying our team or its individuals. At the end of the day, it is only a sport but some treat is as life or death. For me, the excellence of rugby league in its present form is to be admired so leave the negativity to the bias of union diehards.
Hi Kav1

By extension of your theory and use of the label negative any time any exciting business idea is proposed be it a NRL franchise for CHCH or a monorail project for a city like the simpsons episode anyone who opposes these ideas could be dismissed as being "negative".

Lastly I think you should let a little bit of venting and frustration slide from the fans. We all thought we were going to the Grand Final this year and have had to accept this won't be happening this year at least if our current run of form is indicative.

Cheers

Back