Roosters

Kickoff In:

Allianz Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

I thought Cronks point was particulary releveant to our attack.

Slow and powerless runs through the ruck leading up to when we pull the trigger is leading on to our shifts being so easy to defend. One out hit ups with no dynamism or power, no compressing of the defence, and then its give it to Shaun to see if he can find Dallin our only option.

While i agree we need more variation through our kicking game and a genuine left sided shaped attack, first and foremost we need to be winning the ruck through fast play the ball, or dragging in multiple defenders so theres space for our multiple lead runner based attack to be effective.......somewhere along this season for whatever reason we've lost that.......Addin apart our front row rotation seems pretty toothless in this regard, and its compounded imo by a very vanilla 2nd row.
doesn't help when the opposition are allowed to gang-bang us the ruck and we're getting penalised for staying on 1/1000 of a second. I know we need to improve our power running but we need parity from refs if we are going to improve.. and yes, stats say on average the ptb is about the same but re watch at specific periods, just like penalties against, it happens at crucial periods of game giving huge advantage to other teams.

doesn't help when the opposition are allowed to gang-bang us the ruck and we're getting penalised for staying on 1/1000 of a second. I know we need to improve our power running but we need parity from refs if we are going to improve.. and yes, stats say on average the ptb is about the same but re watch at specific periods, just like penalties against, it happens at crucial periods of game giving huge advantage to other teams.
Bro you've got it backwards by not reading what he wrote. The opposition are allowed to lie in the tackle because none of our forwards or 2nd row can get over the advantage line. Conversely those same forwards and second row cant make dominate tackles so the opposition is allowed a quick ptb.

Remember Monty and Kosi coming in and destroying the distributors to fire up the team last year? None of that this year

If PTB/ruck speed is the issue I think it has to be personnel changes or giving the bench players more minutes, I don't see how the same players can just become faster/stronger especially with the same minutes

Bro you've got it backwards by not reading what he wrote. The opposition are allowed to lie in the tackle because none of our forwards or 2nd row can get over the advantage line. Conversely those same forwards and second row cant make dominate tackles so the opposition is allowed a quick ptb.
that doesn’t fully explain how on at least one occasion newy had the tackle complete. our player wriggling to get up. second newy player comes in after tackle complete, spins out player 180 on thier back and no call for second effort. shit like that

RTS with a slight run up always wins the tackle situation, could be used more if we lack options, Ford's been quite good we're not talking about his dropsies or defense issues during this drought, AFB/Barney have been great, so it's down to Tohu/Capewell's side and a weak bench or lack of bench usage....really think Walker/Jazz/Zyon Maiu’u/Ale is the way to go this week

that doesn’t fully explain how on at least one occasion newy had the tackle complete. our player wriggling to get up. second newy player comes in after tackle complete, spins out player 180 on thier back and no call for second effort. shit like that
Then clearly the ref wasnt calling for them to get off. We have multiple players that run the gauntlet on flops, and numerous opposition forums are full of fans venting that the refs allow the warriors to slow the ruck down.

How would your forward minute numbers look with that bench? So many mouths to feed so am genuinely interested.

0-20min - AFB/Afoa/Barney (edge)/Ford/Tohu
20-40min AFB/Zyon Maiu’u/Ale (edge)/Ford/Walker
50-60-ish min - Barney/Afoa/Ale/Ford/Walker
60-ish-80min - AFB/Jazz/Barney/Ford/Tohu

20min smash it bro from Afoa at the start, Zyon Maiu’u middle and Jazz to finish, and I chose Jazz at the end playing a Curran role due to his experience. Walker to hooker if Egan's off, so still within 8 subs limit I think, otherwise Walker with 20 minutes stints before and after halftime, guessing the long minutes is causing the "slow and old" critique so let's inject 20min fast bowling spells to take some wickets and break the partnership Boult/Ferguson style, sorry wrong sport

We are back to playing shit so we get the shit calls again. It sucks but if we were playing well it wouldn’t be happening.

With the refs (particularly Badger) all the talk out of the last round, and Roosters fans thinking they're the most pinged team in the league (based on my observations from the LU forums hah) and us thinking we are the most pinged team in the league, gonna be interesting to see which way the rub of the green falls, could be an all-timer for penalty counts and controversial calls!

Wonder what Spencer is going to call Badger this time 🤣 Playing with a duct tape on

With the refs (particularly Badger) all the talk out of the last round, and Roosters fans thinking they're the most pinged team in the league (based on my observations from the LU forums hah) and us thinking we are the most pinged team in the league, gonna be interesting to see which way the rub of the green falls, could be an all-timer for penalty counts and controversial calls!
Let's rile up Waera Hargraves and Radley to get them sent to the sin-bin (or sent off). We need to deplete their forwards to have any chance. Come on Kasy, give us a fair go.

There's only one way the rub of the green will fall.

Back