Kickoff In:

Allianz Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Baffling.

We couldn't beat a Ponga-less Knights or the winless Titans but people think we can upset the rampaging Roosters AND the Panthers. When was the last time we beat either of those teams, let alone both in a season?

Hope is one hell of a drug I must admit.
1715396190443.png

When "it's a matter of faith" was literally the club slogan for years.

Is there any point playing this game and next weeks game? only possible thing we can get out of these 2 games is injuries. Should just play the reserve graders in both games and rest the normal starters
A win, while a long shot is the kind of shot in the arm that turns around struggling clubs seasons, which is why I think playing the two best clubs back to back is exactly what our fg side needs.
I expect us to aim up massively tomorrow, win or lose, that will be good for us.

Easy wins and limping along will kill our season chances dead right now, we need a mental boost. Or as we have seen, losing to lesser lights is even worse than getting a hiding from a top side for morale.

The risks as you say are injuries and or getting demoralized, but I think we are at the bottom of barrel now anyway and there is nothing to lose, no one expects us to win, kinda no pressure on us at all, might as well gun it and see what happens.

Wrighty

Contributor
Plenty of people were calling for Montoya to be dropped tbf. Now he's dropped people are complaining haha
I am not complaining. I think our chances just increased.

Call me a conspiracist but there are subtle signs with this team

- No urgency on the field - they are - - playing like walking zombies
- Dumb arse decisions from snr players
- Last minute “injuries”
- Tohu’s weird arse behaviour last week at the press conference
- SJ not training with the team
- Players going AWOL

Maybe I am over thinking it or…. 🤔

ToiletDuck

Contributor
Roosters 13+ @ $2.12 is great value.

Wet or dry conditions.

If dry - it'll be 40-10.
If wet - it'll be 26-0.

2023 Pompey and Jazz were basically considered the 2 weakest links in the side.
2024 and people consider the side being strengthened due to their inclusions....just let that sink in.

Not trying to be negative. Calling it as I see it - and the bookies agree. 3 weeks ago they had us at $15 for the premiership. We are now $41. The nature of the losses and the opposition has been really telling. Whatever Webster and co have done in the offseason re 2 key areas has completely deflated this side:

1. Fitness: the entire side looks exhausted after 15-20 mins. Effort, pace, aggression falls away massively. There is no scramble and multiple missed tackles. This is not just across a couple of players, 90% of them perform the same way. A couple of outliers (AFB, Barnett) still perform up to their 2023 standard.

2. Attack: this is the most concerning aspect. There is a very clear coaching directive to basically do the same couple of things over and over regardless of the outcome. There is noone creating any indecision for the defense, SJ produces the exact same kick 100x a game and the opposition welcomes it.

Huge problems in the context of a relatively old and slow squad with very little coming through the lower grades. People think Souths have capitulated - don't be massively surprised if the Warriors look back in a couple of months and wonder just how they too have only won 5 of their last 20 or whatever the stat is for at Redfern at present.

If Montoya is dropped & Kosi plays left Wing I'll be nervous. Looks way more comfortable on the right. When Setu Tu scored the match winner on the left hand side in NSW Cup the other week he actually started on the right Wing but switched mid game because Kosi was struggling on that edge

Last edited:
Call me a conspiracist but there are subtle signs with this team

- No urgency on the field - they are - - playing like walking zombies
- Dumb arse decisions from snr players
- Last minute “injuries”
- Tohu’s weird arse behaviour last week at the press conference
- SJ not training with the team
- Players going AWOL

Maybe I am over thinking it or…. 🤔
All very bizarre

Back