Pick Your Team Roosters v Warriors - Round 10, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Worth a read.
Great read and shows our system is working (for the most part). Predictability and lack of variance in attack an obvious negative.

This is a popular misconception. 36 NYC games, 2 of them at 5/8.
Not to dismiss the idea entirely but his ball playing is only even seen on the righthand side & we need someone on the left
I’m sure he can do what te maire does, and better will also pose some threat attacking wise

We don’t have a lot of options and our defence is still pretty good. Martin hasn’t been doing much and I’d strongly consider Tuapiki at 6. Similar player to Metcalf and has been playing a bit of first receiver judging by the highlights of NSW cup. Defence is the big question mark with him.

Beyond that, we’ve got a lot of players playing hurt. SJ and Walker are banged up and Capewell was carrying an injury into that game before he got injured.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Laban
12. Ford
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Ale
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Barnett

Next two games are a very tough assignment and almost certainly will be two losses. Utilize a stronger bench and actually give them minutes. The NRL is a 17 man game and the matches we have struggled in, our bench has been underpowered and underused. AFB can't do it all himself. It's no secret that the forwards decide the winner, the backs by how much. The spine will struggle without winning that battle. Egan is a superb hooker but really noticable the lack of opportunities for him to run in the last few games. Similar for the halves and CNK. If we can get that then we need to see more variation to our sets, particularly in the opposition 20. Need to get back to having several options to go to again instead of the one or two. What happened to our trick plays? Would love us to be contesting more kicks and the odd grubber through the line. TMM is under fire but his base stats are actually very good, needs to engage the line more would be a legitimate criticism. Metcalf as a perceived running 6 had less line breaks, less running metres and a lot less tackle busts than TMM. SJ and Egan need to adjust to using the left more, TMM needs to demand more too. Our left edge defence has looked fairly good the last few games but have a real test against the Roosters and then a massively strong right side attack the Panthers have.

Almost be tempting to rest SJ and Tohu for the Panthers game and then after the bye try and restart our season. Need Marata, Jazz and CHT back fit and firing.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Laban
12. Ford
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Ale
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Barnett

Next two games are a very tough assignment and almost certainly will be two losses. Utilize a stronger bench and actually give them minutes. The NRL is a 17 man game and the matches we have struggled in, our bench has been underpowered and underused. AFB can't do it all himself. It's no secret that the forwards decide the winner, the backs by how much. The spine will struggle without winning that battle. Egan is a superb hooker but really noticable the lack of opportunities for him to run in the last few games. Similar for the halves and CNK. If we can get that then we need to see more variation to our sets, particularly in the opposition 20. Need to get back to having several options to go to again instead of the one or two. What happened to our trick plays? Would love us to be contesting more kicks and the odd grubber through the line. TMM is under fire but his base stats are actually very good, needs to engage the line more would be a legitimate criticism. Metcalf as a perceived running 6 had less line breaks, less running metres and a lot less tackle busts than TMM. SJ and Egan need to adjust to using the left more, TMM needs to demand more too. Our left edge defence has looked fairly good the last few games but have a real test against the Roosters and then a massively strong right side attack the Panthers have.

Almost be tempting to rest SJ and Tohu for the Panthers game and then after the bye try and restart our season. Need Marata, Jazz and CHT back fit and firing.
SMH. Keep doing the same thing. Same result.
We are lacking troops and need to try something different.
One thing I am sure of is that RTS is only a fb

Backline be damned.

Fix our pack and even Te Maire will shine. Remember how to tackle and the attacking shapes will work.

Backline schmackline

8. Addin
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Ford
12. Barney
13. Ale

14. Walker
15. Zyon Maiu’u
16. Laban
17. Tohu
I like the thinking, I really do, but that eye-test article says we're getting in position and then not executing - at what point is it the platform, and when is it the finishing?

I like the thinking, I really do, but that eye-test article says we're getting in position and then not executing - at what point is it the platform, and when is it the finishing?
The platform set by Addin, Barney and everybody who contributes is muted by the effort we are expending in getting there. Comparing 10min of complete sets with hot opportunities to score vs 10min of incomplete sets, repeat defensive sets, penalties against us etc in my opinion negates our sharpness to execute.

Webby wants us to dominate the tackle on both sides. I do too. But because we are defensively leaky and losing the collision we are playing in deficit.

Get the platform dominant and defend resolutely and we mentally and physically become better. That's my point.

Look at the heat map in the 20.. We are getting zero penetration in the redzone.

Last edited:
Tuivasa-scheck
Graham-Taufa
Pompey
Leiataua
Watene-Zelezniak
Nicoll-Klokstad
Johnson
Fonua-Blake
Egan
Afoa
Laban
Ford
Barnett

Walker
Ale
Zyon Maiu’u
Harris

Get Rts in around the ruck, sweeping popping up both sides of the field.

Play through the middle, use offloads.
Left side needs to play flat and fast at the line they’ve looked way too indecisive with Martin.

Webster needs to adapt maybe just let the boys play, and put some faith in our youth

Tuivasa-scheck
Graham-Taufa
Pompey
Leiataua
Watene-Zelezniak
Nicoll-Klokstad
Johnson
Fonua-Blake
Egan
Afoa
Laban
Ford
Barnett

Walker
Ale
Zyon Maiu’u
Harris

Get Rts in around the ruck, sweeping popping up both sides of the field.

Play through the middle, use offloads.
Left side needs to play flat and fast at the line they’ve looked way too indecisive with Martin.

Webster needs to adapt maybe just let the boys play, and put some faith in our youth
Skip to 3:30 charnze went to 6 at halftime. Just a little example of what I was talking about
View: https://youtu.be/QswOfOYHsGU?feature=shared

Back