Pick Your Team Knights v Warriors - Round 9, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

First 20min - AFB/Barney/Ford/Laban/Tohu
20-40min - AFB/Ale/Ford/Zyon Maiu’u/Walker
40-50min - AFB/Ale/Ford/Zyon Maiu’u/Walker
50-65min - Tohu/Barney/Ford/Laban/Walker
65-80min - Tohu/AFB/Ford/Barney/Walker

Happy hour for the other team after 20min so bring on triple change Ale for D, Zyon Maiu’u to smash them on attack and Walker to do his usual leg speed/ballplay

We’ve been conceding right after halftime too so keep the smash bros on smashing for 10 more minutes, then bring back the others and rest AFB till 65th, Laban to smash it for 15min then come off

The 3 bench forwards get 30min+ each see if they can resolve the soft middle stages of the game, Webby has been playing 2 bench forwards until Zyon Maiu’u went berserk

I think field the strongest team and bench, whoever that is.. but the big thing is a 10 day break..
Webbys right, we become a target for all 16 teams. And now we can see it, our boys have been suddenly put through the wars and look cooked just after just 8 rounds.
So it's not a matter of making changes, it's a matter of resting the bodies, recharge the batteries forget about footy for a few days to reset the mind..
Hit the field with the season starts now attitude..
Just hope whoevers picked has a play for keeps attitude...

Hit the field with the season starts now attitude..
Just hope whoevers picked has a play for keeps attitude...
Attitude... Last year if we made an error/penalised/opposition were gaining the momentum/or a call went against us, we had trained to defend it and the attitude was hammered into the team to suck it up, move on and defend what had happened

Have seen frustration kicking in this year. The old shaking their heads and getting pissy etc instead of staying calm. Rog does it every time he makes an error, I wonder if they need to go back and revisit training for those scenarios, especially Rog.

Plays with his heart and that's why, its not a bad thing but I wonder if when he makes an error he's stuck with the 2021 mindset, you can just see it frustrates him so much, where i'd like to see him accept it, switch the mind set and instantly begin focusing on defending it.

That small bit of frustration setting in can open a can of worms from silly decisions to a drop in effort

Someone mentioned TMM at hooker... if Metcalf was still in at 6, either CHT or TMM on the bench as halves/hooker would look good. It feels like a waste having Roache there right now if he's not going to get on the field. As it is we can't do much about it unless you bring in someone like Tuapiki, it would be interesting to see but not very likely.

Biggest issue on the past few weeks was defense. Penalties aren't an issue if you're able to defend them. At the moment the only first grader reserve we have waiting around is Pompey. I don't see anyone being dropped, but surely he's the one that would be coming in as a replacement if there were to be changes? These cup players being mentioned will likely have worse defense than what we currently have.

Overall I'd like to see them getting the right balance on the bench and then utilising the full team during the game, that might help the issues during the middle section and let the gameplan work.

ah yes, the ol' post anzac day slump - I know the feeling well : let's pretend that didn't happen and keep at the weekend scores for an update on the real warriors game - it never comes, and worse there's an unbearable wait for 10 days - set your calendar by it, worse affect on your circadian rhythms than a daylight saving adjustment - come on webby change it up

ah yes, the ol' post anzac day slump - I know the feeling well : let's pretend that didn't happen and keep at the weekend scores for an update on the real warriors game - it never comes, and worse there's an unbearable wait for 10 days - set your calendar by it, worse affect on your circadian rhythms than a daylight saving adjustment - come on webby change it up
It's the longest weekend of the year and I hate every minute of it, and it's still only Saturday.

I think he could play 6 in attack quite comfortably. Be concerned about the defensive side though.
Of all changes here demanding, I think this one worth a go. He way to good for 2nd best team. An fullback to many better. Give him a go at 6

Of all changes here demanding, I think this one worth a go. He way to good for 2nd best team. An fullback to many better. Give him a go at 6
No. If you are trying to make a spot for him then maybe on the wing. Currently our 1-13 is probably as good as we can do at the moment.

Back