Pick Your Team Roosters v Warriors - Round 10, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

mt.wellington

Contributor
Roosters v Warriors - Round 10, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

2020 NRL Round 11 vs Roosters 010.jpeg

Here's your chance to select your dream team for next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it...

So…….. we went from Roache on the bench not used. To Pompey????? On the bench and not used. Madness. What’s worse is Webster originally selected Laban and Capewell goes down. (Obviously he couldn’t have known that)

Te Maire offers very little.
Tohu has gotten old. One of his main features was the fact he could pump out a good 80 this seem to no longer be the case . He looks tired.

Bunty was good off the bench, same as Tom. Walker tried hard.

Montoya ran for 200m if running sideways counts.

Barnett hold your head high. Charnze had his mistakes but is still one of the only people who seem to go hard all the time.

CNK
DWZ
BERRY
POMPEY
RTS
TMM
SJ
AFB
EGAN
BUNTY
FORD
LABAN
WALKER

TOHU
BARNETT
ALE
ZION

I think Pompey would offer more in attack.
I’d like to see what Walker might offer for the entire 80.
RTS has great meterage this season and could interchange on return kicks with CNK.
Tohu is a great player - let’s utilise him and his size after the first 15-20 for Bunty when he could make good run metres being fresh and max his ball playing skills.
Laban should offer more in attack as well.
… what else could I suggest that won’t happen? 🤨

Doesn't matter who plays next week... we fucked against a high flying roosters squad, we will get torn to shreds.

Time to blood some youngsters and look to the future. This team has passed it's used by date, too old, too slow.

We better off predicting our 17 for next year - JFH won't fix our weaknesses single-handedly. If we don't recruit another prop and a strike 2nd rower and wing then we fucked.

Webbys reluctance to tinker now puts him in such an impossible position.

Wholsale changes to play Roosters? Necessary but unlikely.

Tinker with some adjustments? More likely but perhaps not enough to beat a growing Roosters team.

This is what I would go with:

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Ali
4. Pompey
5. RTS
6. TMM / CHT / Tauapiki
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Laban
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Ale
16. Bunty
17. Zion

I reckon it's time to give RTS a go at Fullback.
He's not doing that great of a job at centre and I reckon CNK would do a better job at centre.

Martin offers nothing at 6.

Montoya has had his fair go at cementing his spot in the 17 but hasn't impressed me.

RTS
DWZ
Berry
CNK
Pompey
Taine
SJ
AFB
Egan
Barnett
Ford
Laban
Harris

Lussick
Walker
Ale
Bunty

I reckon it's time to give RTS a go at Fullback.
He's not doing that great of a job at centre and I reckon CNK would do a better job at centre.

Martin offers nothing at 6.

Montoya has had his fair go at cementing his spot in the 17 but hasn't impressed me.

RTS
DWZ
Berry
CNK
Pompey
Taine
SJ
AFB
Egan
Barnett
Ford
Laban
Harris

Lussick
Walker
Ale
Bunty
Wasn't convinced about Taine at 6 but the time has come to at least give him a shot until Cht is back.
Not sure if he's the answer but couldn't be worse with what we have presently.
SJ needs help with providing variation

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. A Leiataua
4. Pompey
5. Berry
6. RTS
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Harris
11. Capewell
12. Barnett
13. Walker

14. Lussick
15. Ford
16. Bunty
17. Mainu'u

Last edited:
1) CNK
2) DWZ
3) Pompey (Need to give him a go, Berry is going okay but worth trying something different here)
4) RTS (he’s trying hard but a bit one dimensional I feel, step, dodge, step)
5) Montoya
6) TMM (Needs to step up, a bit of a passenger at the moment in attack. Solid defensively I feel. Metcalf’s despite his deficiency’s in certain areas provided some spark to our team that is well missed atm)
7) SJ (Standard kick to the DWZ/Berry to chase = no result. Tries different kicks - spiral, floater, cross field = results)
8) AFB (Going hard)
9) Egan
10) Afoa
11) Ford
12) Laban/Capewell (doubt KC plays, he’s been a disappointment to say the least)
13) Harris
————————————
14) Walker
15) Barnett
16) Ale
17) Zyon Maiu’u (Need a bit of spark off the bench)

Please use your bench Webby. No point wasting a spot and playing at a disadvantage.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. RTS
6. Walker
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Laban