Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair, the regional fuel taxes were put into place by Labour, and justified at the time with "we need this money to build all this stuff".

The building of new stuff never happened, so the justification for the fuel tax no longer exists

Hopefully the lack of a safety net of central government incentivises councils to run more efficiently. And if they need more money from ratepayers, to ask for more money from them directly so they can be more accountable for it.

Wishful thinking but it makes accountabilities clearer
We do need to have a proper discussion about how we fund infrastructure. Cutting the fuel tax is cutting a significant revenue stream away from the council - if it isn't replaced, I imagine rates will need to go up further. Which isn't a bad thing IMO - but will be bad for Wayne Brown.

So what are we talking, eugenics, or just not paying for welfare babies?
Not paying at all. For anything. It’s all a moral hazard.

What’s the difference between the aged pension, jobseeker, or single parents payments? Nothing, it’s all welfare.

So cut it all. Or raise it high enough that the extra costs aren’t incurred. Paying subsistence payments will drive people to jail or the hospital. Both of which we have to pay for anyway.

What’s the difference between the aged pension, jobseeker, or single parents payments? Nothing, it’s all welfare.

So cut it all. Or raise it high enough that the extra costs aren’t incurred. Paying subsistence payments will drive people to jail or the hospital. Both of which we have to pay for anyway.
If we cut it all off what do we do with the casualties though, starving pensioners, pregnancies without family support etc. Forced adoption/abortions? How would your plan work

We do need to have a proper discussion about how we fund infrastructure. Cutting the fuel tax is cutting a significant revenue stream away from the council - if it isn't replaced, I imagine rates will need to go up further. Which isn't a bad thing IMO - but will be bad for Wayne Brown.
The problem is how the fuel tax was used in Auckland….. well, more to the point hasn‘t been used and is still waiting to be allocated. Then, there was stuff ups with the money when it was used. Most of it has been used to put in speed cameras….. but the IT system isn’t able to cope with the extra information so most haven’t been turned on yet. Then there’s AT putting in raised crossings at 10 times the price than those in Wellington but only last four times as long. One has just been removed in Three Kings….. over $400k to install it and then $200k to remove it and paint a normal crossing.

The problem is how the fuel tax was used in Auckland….. well, more to the point hasn‘t been used and is still waiting to be allocated. Then, there was stuff ups with the money when it was used. Most of it has been used to put in speed cameras….. but the IT system isn’t able to cope with the extra information so most haven’t been turned on yet. Then there’s AT putting in raised crossings at 10 times the price than those in Wellington but only last four times as long. One has just been removed in Three Kings….. over $400k to install it and then $200k to remove it and paint a normal crossing.
Yes and Wellington Council haven't been known for their ability to fix things 🙄

If we cut it all off what do we do with the casualties though, starving pensioners, pregnancies without family support etc. Forced adoption/abortions? How would your plan work
How is it “working” now?

Take today’s figures and run it out 20/50/100years. It all ends the same way. Bankrupt countries.

So either rip the fucking bandaid off or treat the cause.

Here a hint. It’s cheaper, by a massive fucking margin, to just pay dole bludgers 50k a year to fuck off. Billions saved in admin and enforcement right there.

To be fair, the regional fuel taxes were put into place by Labour, and justified at the time with "we need this money to build all this stuff".

The building of new stuff never happened, so the justification for the fuel tax no longer exists

Hopefully the lack of a safety net of central government incentivises councils to run more efficiently. And if they need more money from ratepayers, to ask for more money from them directly so they can be more accountable for it.

Wishful thinking but it makes accountabilities clearer
If the regional tax is not required why wait until June to stop it???

You seem to enjoy making sweeping statements about indigenous people as though their culture is at fault in their decline, despite the common denominator being the colonization and theft of indigenous resources across the entire planet and thousands of years of Invasive psychopathic groups from Europe committing cultural genocide and war crimes against the rightful owners of said lands.

Maori were thriving post the arrival of Europeans, many IWI had trade links and were selling flax, Timber, and other goods through shipping to Australia.

There was a thriving international Maori economy here before the White man stole it all and belted the hell out of Maori children for speaking their language while stealing their parents farms.

At the beginning of this thing you call NZ Maori had the higher percentage of literacy in the English Language over the European immigrants.

We were thriving before Pakeha started invading and killing off our Academics our leaders and our culture.

So today we see the same effects in this country as befall the Aborigines, the Native Americans, the Africans transported to the America's and many thousands of other groups crushed by ignorant Pakeha assimilation and domination.

Yet you are so narrow minded you blame this thing on race and culture which by the way means you believe in the precepts of White supremacy, white culture is superior to all indigenous.

You cannot fire these racial bullets at Maori without taking racial aim at all non whites affected by the White psychopathic theft of the Indigenous regions of this planet.

Bottom line, Maori have Billion dollar economic enterprises now, I know that does not suit your benefit dole bludger talk but my four kids are living in Remuera, One runs a tech company, another is studying Medicine, another is in a modest job managing a golf course bar restaurant and the fourth has degrees in economics and computer science and is currently unemployed on Job Seekers.

I myself am on a benefit after being let go by my work after too many head injuries.

Yes that is right, after thirty years of violent work I am the type of Maori dole Bludger you people like to threaten with your ignorant crap about entitlements to social services.

Despite my impoverished income, I still donate to the City mission. I wonder what you do for your community?

I have no shame about being on a benefit, I would walk into your McDonald's job tomorrow if I didn't have problems with remembering not leave the stove elements on.

Bottom line the cultural renaissance of Maori has coincided with the economic five billion dollar expansion of the Maori economy.

The more Maori embrace and build their unique identity the more they thrive in the business space, quite the opposite of the White narrative.

My advice is you people need to stop being threatened by Maori success and pro Maori initiatives if you want to stop paying the bill for your peoples decimation and suppression of the race.

Secondary to that, White Kiwis have had the benefit of generational cultural education. Great Britain was formed 1200 years ago. 1200 years of assimilation, conforming, and culture.

Māori however have had less than 200 years in that same system. I can guarantee they’ve made more “progress” ( I use that term loosely) in that time, than the early Britons did in their forced domestication.

Secondary to that, White Kiwis have had the benefit of generational cultural education. Great Britain was formed 1200 years ago. 1200 years of assimilation, conforming, and culture.

Māori however have had less than 200 years in that same system. I can guarantee they’ve made more “progress” ( I use that term loosely) in that time, than the early Britons did in their forced domestication.
Also a very gifted race in concern to arts, love that muted strum known as the Maori strum on guitar.

How is it “working” now?

Take today’s figures and run it out 20/50/100years. It all ends the same way. Bankrupt countries.

So either rip the fucking bandaid off or treat the cause.

Here a hint. It’s cheaper, by a massive fucking margin, to just pay dole bludgers 50k a year to fuck off. Billions saved in admin and enforcement right there.
A liveable UBI does seem the most cost-effective answer long term. A career would be a choice for whoever wants it, if there are any jobs left that AI isn't doing.

What if the bots take over our jobs sitting on forums talking bollox about the Warriors to each other as well, what are we going to do all day then?

Make them work for the benefit. Contribute back to society. Give them a purpose. A sense of achievement. Name it the Ministry of Works.

Back