Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Completely different. People came forward. This has all the hallmarks of dirty politics, regardless of the outcome.
The third case was reported to police a long time ago and is an active case file. Lots of people know about this.

The police have not done their job because of who she is. When there’s a power imbalance and the police are to scared to move it’ the medias role to bring it to light. Have you thought it might be someone in the police that’s leaked the info?

It was obvious if she’s done it at one shop there was going to be others coming out. It’s like an addiction unfortunately.

The third case was reported to police a long time ago and is an active case file. Lots of people know about this.

The police have not done their job because of who she is. When there’s a power imbalance and the police are to scared to move it’ the medias role to bring it to light. Have you thought it might be someone in the police that’s leaked the info?

It was obvious if she’s done it at one shop there was going to be others coming out. It’s like an addiction unfortunately.
No power imbalance. And the greens have integrity - they want this out in the open I would imagine, as well as concern for Golriz.

No power imbalance. And the greens have integrity - they want this out in the open I would imagine, as well as concern for Golriz.
‘Police confirmed to the Herald they received a report of shoplifting at Cre8iveworx on October 26 last year.

Cre8iveworx owner Melanie Smith said in her email that she had laid a police complaint, mentioned Ghahraman by name, and, included images appearing to show Ghahraman in the store, Stuff has reported.,

Pretty black and white case for the police… why are they still investigating it 3 months later? Would the police have the balls to charge a sitting MP or is it easier for the media to handle issues around holding our parliament to account?

‘Police confirmed to the Herald they received a report of shoplifting at Cre8iveworx on October 26 last year.

Cre8iveworx owner Melanie Smith said in her email that she had laid a police complaint, mentioned Ghahraman by name, and, included images appearing to show Ghahraman in the store, Stuff has reported.,

Pretty black and white case for the police… why are they still investigating it 3 months later?
Ask them.

Completely different. People came forward. This has all the hallmarks of dirty politics, regardless of the outcome.
So you are saying the left don't have people digging up dirt? That it all just comes out organically? And when it happens to a left MP it has to be dirty politics?

Not doing anything is easy but not going to fix the problems.
Why announce the cancelation on a Sunday while pollies are still holidaying supposedly
They’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t. They cancel it now, and we all say, “where is the alternative?” They wait until later when they have an alternative, and we all say, “what a waste of money having consultants still working on a light rail system when they should have cancelled it sooner?”

The alternative as I see it, is to continue the existing Manukau rail spur from the Airport through to the existing Manukau Station and on to Panmure via Botany Town Centre. Having a better connection through to Manukau means people who are traveling through the country by bus will go straight to the InterCity bus terminal or change to the train service at Puhinui.

In the future, connect the Airport to the Onehunga line via a new bridge over the Manukau Harbour. And latter, continue the Onehunga line to connect through to the existing Western Line through Mt Roskill to New Lynn.

I read it as it was a potential incident from three months ago and they had just reported it to police now.

Maybe they had looked back realising she had been in the store and thought they had better check the footage after this latest news broke?

They must have some evidence in order to warrant filing a complaint. Whether it's enough to charge her is another thing.

it's a fairly apparent that there is a pattern emerging here.

So you are saying the left don't have people digging up dirt? That it all just comes out organically? And when it happens to a left MP it has to be dirty politics?
Instead of continually putting your own take on what I actually said, go back and have a read. And maybe read Nicky Hagar's dirty politics - it's a book outlining the right's hit squad and their 7+ years of a dirty tricks campaign.

Instead of continually putting your own take on what I actually said, go back and have a read. And maybe read Nicky Hagar's dirty politics - it's a book outlining the right's hit squad and their 7+ years of a dirty tricks campaign.
I read what you said. This has all the hallmarks of dirty politics.

Not a lot of ambiguity there.

They’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t. They cancel it now, and we all say, “where is the alternative?” They wait until later when they have an alternative, and we all say, “what a waste of money having consultants still working on a light rail system when they should have cancelled it sooner?”

The alternative as I see it, is to continue the existing Manukau rail spur from the Airport through to the existing Manukau Station and on to Panmure via Botany Town Centre. Having a better connection through to Manukau means people who are traveling through the country by bus will go straight to the InterCity bus terminal or change to the train service at Puhinui.

In the future, connect the Airport to the Onehunga line via a new bridge over the Manukau Harbour. And latter, continue the Onehunga line to connect through to the existing Western Line through Mt Roskill to New Lynn.
And from watching the news tonight, shops around the areas proposed are screaming out for something. Some in favour and some opposed to to what was proposed but is it an effective use of the money that had already been spent to just write it off or could something have been done by the current government to sell it the public that the project has been downscaled due to the potential blowout? Or was just because it was a labour project? Once again the taxpayer is the big loser as a new administration has different ideas and we could potentially be in the same position with a new administration in however many years? This isn’t new and often the case in previous elections but it highlights the huge waste of money when governments follow the other and scrap plans. I’m not saying it doesn’t work both ways but I think theres scope for something in the political system where once projects require a certain amount of taxpayer money, they require bipartisanship so money isn’t poured down the drain.

And from watching the news tonight, shops around the areas proposed are screaming out for something. Some in favour and some opposed to to what was proposed but is it an effective use of the money that had already been spent to just write it off or could something have been done by the current government to sell it the public that the project has been downscaled due to the potential blowout? Or was just because it was a labour project? Once again the taxpayer is the big loser as a new administration has different ideas and we could potentially be in the same position with a new administration in however many years? This isn’t new and often the case in previous elections but it highlights the huge waste of money when governments follow the other and scrap plans. I’m not saying it doesn’t work both ways but I think theres scope for something in the political system where once projects require a certain amount of taxpayer money, they require bipartisanship so money isn’t poured down the drain.
I was also interested to hear from the business owners who said they would like the project to proceed no matter about the disruption.
Really.

Wayne Brown on the video in this article with some comments

I read it as it was a potential incident from three months ago and they had just reported it to police now.
Police confirmed to the Herald they received the shoplifting report on October 26th.

It’s not clear if it was then or later they supplied her name and image but those details were also supplied at some stage. I would imagine it was at the same time/ report?

Wayne Brown on the video in this article with some comments

Interesting that america has higher than average costs to build railway than other countries at potentially $2.6 billion per mile, perhaps we face some of the challenges they do? Think it’s something that NZ is going to have to grapple with, that building something that is efficient and quality is going to cost. It’s just whether money spent will be put to use. I think with brown mentioning looking at other models that there’s potential for him to be seeking a model that quality is outweighed by cost. Hopefully it suits our needs whatever is proposed.

Last edited:
Close what, connections to Cam Slater?

This gets crazier every day. Any evidence the Greens knew about this before the election? Today's allegation is from 2 weeks after.
Death by 1000 cuts strategy says there will be more incidences in the news soon as fresh skeletons are dug up. It seems there’s a pattern and I wouldn’t rule out her doing this since her teenage years?

I don’t think this reflects badly on the Greens (although there will be a whole lot of short term finger pointing), long term it will be seen as more a reflection on the individual. Your point about the Greens knowing before the election though could change things.

The longer the Greens allow her to stay silent, the longer they will get tainted. She was back yesterday already! Should have released a statement or Golriz did an interview last night.

Back