NRL NRL Round 14, 2024 Discussion

Newcastle really needed to get the ball into Gagai's hands. Unfortunately it finds Frizell and they have no other choice but to kick and hope.

Frizell shoves King over, Gee gives the penalty and that should be game.

Now Frizell off to the sin bin for a blatant professional foul. Good kick from Grant to force the issue and the Storm should be home here at 36-28.

A very nervous win. Melbourne defended well when they were able to just grind it out, but when Newcastle had any attacking football they looked weak.

I'd like to a replay of Turuva getting that ball back in before going out

But they'll let Penrith do what they want I suppose

Manly scrambled well but the weight of possession eventually took it's toll. I have no idea what Ben Trbojevic was doing off the Turuva offload, by rights it was his ball but he showed no urgency to dive on the pill.

To'o in the corner as Penrith run that umbrella shape at them.

Manly back to back here.

The ol' Capewell play here with Koula cutting back into the middle to draw Tago and it gets B. Trbojevic a 2-1 on the outside. Talau with a double and Manly have picked up where they left off against Melbourne.

Penrith getting torn apart on the edges. Smith with a fantastic try-saver and he's let down by Turuva who couldn't handle Brooks' cross-field kick.

Talau with a hat-trick, Penrith are up against it this afternoon.

Manly were actually working the ball out of trouble well there. Couldn't help but take on Alamoti, got through him but then got greedy with the pass to Saab. Manly were out on their feet and Penrith made them pay with ease and Penrith have bounced back like the champions they are.

16-12 on the shadows of half-time, can Penrith pull a Melbourne?

Manly are going to have to buck their trend and not concede big points in the last quarter again to have any hope here.

Yet another close win to the Storm. Every week they look entirely beatable, but find a way.

Back