General NRL All Stars

I've just caught the highlights, no time to go through the thread.

Has Curran v Jazz been discussed? Do we read anything into Curran putting a high shot on his former teammate in TMM and then squaring up a bit?

Or is it quite a fine example of why we let him go?

Has Curran v Jazz been discussed? Do we read anything into Curran putting a high shot on his former teammate in TMM and then squaring up a bit?

his hair is limp and he’s now -300xp so he’s trying to be what’s known as a choice cunt. he’ll come back down to earth mid season when the dogs are 3 and 10.

What did Tohu say about it all?
Good take on the game, different players, both teams, where things went wrong or right etc., both teams.
Just finished about 5mins ago.
They hooked up with Wairangi who was at the game who spoke with some of the players, Timana Tahu & others.
Was good coverage.

Some serious flirtation between Jazz and Curran lol

How did Jazz go? Leg drive back now?

That's about the worst weather you want for an exhibition game in terms of spectacle.

But, it's not bad for limiting injuries. Rock hard track in Townsville is bound to claim someone

I didn't think there was much in the tackle in terms of it being an intentional high shot. Thought jazz was looking for an excuse. Can guarantee when we play the dogs Curran will wind Jazz up and jazz being jazz will take the bait.

20 ruck infringements from the dirty aussies in one set
Ruined the whole game.

For all the complaining about Maori ball handling last night, they had an impossible task, the Indigenous Au were allowed to camp offside up in the Maori passing lanes to the extent that the Maori attack became a fumbleathon joke.

The rest was on the team. Starting with Adam Blair. Talk about dumb selections and a dumb game plan.

TMM to fullback was obvious. But a better move would be Gagai at Fullback allowing TMM and Hughes to have a steady hand in the halves.

Dylan Walker was wasted as a makeshift half, he did his best, but the best impact he had in the game was taking runs down the middle and ball playing with the forwards.

It was not all bad mind.

Had Blair not gone with a concrete SK hold the pill plan in the rain, had he allowed the Maori to play their natural game and create some second phase, we would have seen a better game all around, especially since offloads are the only way to counter teams that are allowed to be offside.

Starting to hate this game, the whole way it is treated as a NRL fun circus.

Interesting exchange between Curran and Tevanga at the end. Curran showing his agro side there, all Jazz did was the regular grab his jumper shove, Curran wanted a punch up....hard not to imagine that there is some Warriors skeletons in that exchange.

Back