1. Golden Boot
  2. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Fisher-Harris
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/james-fisher-harris/summary.html
Some people are saying we got the better player in the prop swap lol.
I respectfully disagree. We got a better leader on & off the feild. But they're at least equal on feild. I personally believe addin is better. Don't roast me! Lol

JFH has more mongrel. He runs harder & faster. But if you watch his runs he gets full stopped alot. Granted, He gets there faster than Addin. James will keep going even after getting smashed.

Addins leg drive & strength is incredible. Carries multiple players , shrugs them off like they are nothing. And hardly ever gets driven backwards. He is nearly unstoppable close to the line, Whether it's his power or his footwork that gets him across the line. JFH is a madman and just tries to crash & smash his way over.

JFH occasionally gets dominated by bigger opposition. Which NRL 360 chose to show over & over again with the Regan Campbell Gillard run which fucked up James shoulder. Plonkers!!
I've never seen anyone dominate Addin. Even on defense Addin just has the calm no fuss but effective way about him.

They're both quiet & reserved off the field. And beasts on it.

I rate Addin as the best prop in warriors history. Purely for his work on the field. Closely followed by Pricey.

James brings intensity, mana, leadership(On & off the feild) & most importantly, Loves his country. Won't flee because of home sickness.

In comparing the two, I just wanted to pay Addin his dues. He has done a tremendous job for us. And hate the disrespect some media are showing him by inadvertently (or intentional?) Saying we're a better chance at a title with Fish than if we had kept Addin. Cos that's bullshit. It just means our window is still open getting a like for like.

Overwhelmed with this signing. Didn't think we'll get anyone of this quality to replace Addin.

Thank you Panthers, I respect you even more.

Some people are saying we got the better player in the prop swap lol.
I respectfully disagree. We got a better leader on & off the feild. But they're at least equal on feild. I personally believe addin is better. Don't roast me! Lol

JFH has more mongrel. He runs harder & faster. But if you watch his runs he gets full stopped alot. Granted, He gets there faster than Addin. James will keep going even after getting smashed.

Addins leg drive & strength is incredible. Carries multiple players , shrugs them off like they are nothing. And hardly ever gets driven backwards. He is nearly unstoppable close to the line, Whether it's his power or his footwork that gets him across the line. JFH is a madman and just tries to crash & smash his way over.

JFH occasionally gets dominated by bigger opposition. Which NRL 360 chose to show over & over again with the Regan Campbell Gillard run which fucked up James shoulder. Plonkers!!
I've never seen anyone dominate Addin. Even on defense Addin just has the calm no fuss but effective way about him.

They're both quiet & reserved off the field. And beasts on it.

I rate Addin as the best prop in warriors history. Purely for his work on the field. Closely followed by Pricey.

James brings intensity, mana, leadership(On & off the feild) & most importantly, Loves his country. Won't flee because of home sickness.

In comparing the two, I just wanted to pay Addin his dues. He has done a tremendous job for us. And hate the disrespect some media are showing him by inadvertently (or intentional?) Saying we're a better chance at a title with Fish than if we had kept Addin. Cos that's bullshit. It just means our window is still open getting a like for like.

Overwhelmed with this signing. Didn't think we'll get anyone of this quality to replace Addin.

Thank you Panthers, I respect you even more.

Addin has been better for us than JFH has for the Panthers.

But lets remember that any star prop that comes to the Warriors is going to be given a platform that makes them the huge fish in a tiny pond.

Addin was great before he came here, but playing in our propless team, we made him look greater.

Same thing happened to Steve Price, great before he arrived, greater after he played for us.

Even Vanilla props like Lillyman look like origin players when they come to the Warriors under strength engine room.

Not trying to take anything away from Addin, just saying, in the Penrith system the workload is more shared, at the Warriors the premier prop gets given a platform by the coach to run the best hit ups, take the run after someone else has done the pig work on tackle one.

This is a function of the Warriors dna, they breed oversized backs, big slow boys that they use to come off the back fence on the kick returns, then dummy half run by another back, and another....then a sweet ball for the Addin Fonua Blakes while the defence is back pedalling.

I must stress again I am not trying to undermine AFB, I agree with everything you said about his ability. And I agree at the moment he looks better.

But we need to see what the Fish looks like when he is in a team where Webster may not want to use him as a bush crash pig prop.

With his leg speed, given the same platform of Addin, I predict you will see more parity in stats and overall impact....especially if one of our Juniors comes through this year and can line bend from an ugly hit up bush crash run (atm that is what is missing from our star juniors, someone so animal they can dominate a full powered defensive wall on hit up one or two).

Penrith have the luxury of subbing JFH off for fresh legs that are world class, for this reason his Warriors iteration may see him play longer minutes, which is where a guy like him comes into their own.

While the Paul Kients of the world question this signing, I think it is the right move career wise for JFH, at the Warriors he could become the next Steve Price endless battery player if pushed...I say that because he has a big engine that never gets flogged at the Riff and he has the mindset to go and go and go.

I can imagine the Warriors letting him go long and hard purely to mold the player rather than sticking to formula by minutes played...and I imagine JFH won't bitch about carrying the team on his back...he will welcome it....

Last edited:
First time poster here, long overdue for me personally lol

Dont know what to say about this signing that hasnt already been said but wow! Fish just screams pride, guts and professionalism.

Will miss AFB esp being a cuz of mine lol so i see those posts about him all over social media being labelled this and that since weve got our replacement lol im sure hell continue to finish the year strongly as he is going now.

Debut post ☑️

Dont know what to say about this signing that hasnt already been said but wow! Fish just screams pride, guts and professionalism.

Will miss AFB esp being a cuz of mine lol so i see those posts about him all over social media being labelled this and that since weve got our replacement lol im sure hell continue to finish the year strongly as he is going now.

Debut post ☑️
Welcome bro.

Post away, your cousin is one of the best players we have ever had, a good reason to post on here lol

Penrith have the luxury of subbing JFH off for fresh legs that are world class, for this reason his Warriors iteration may see him play longer minutes, which is where a guy like him comes into their own.
Agree bro. But, We don't have the luxury of subbing Addin off for a similar impact prop. Addin does play longer minutes. But he keeps the same energy & momentum. Thats more impressive to me. That his output with a team wasnt even top8 material when he came. Was the same week in week out. Impressive. Our halves can't do shit going backwards. And there is no going backwards with Addin. Addin made our team better. We made Addin an even more impressive monster. I am happy to see fish get more time. Hopefully we don't burn the bloke out.

My point was not to take away from the fish signing. But to celebrate what Addin has done for our club. And i personally rate him as our best ever prop. Which, Fish now has the honour of claiming that for himself once he joins the mighty wahs.

AFB is no teddy bear, but Barney, Fish, Marata with Zyon Maiu’u coming through, and Jazz maybe hanging around; that is a forward rotation with more than a few screws loose..

I keep thinking back to when AFB flattened out Mark Nicolls in the Dolphins game at MSS last year, where Barney and AFB both lost their damn minds, but imagining Fish in Addin's place

View attachment 6726
There is no limit to how much I love what Addin did in that game. And if we are to win a maiden premiership this year I believe it will take about three of those each per game from Addin, Marata, Barney and CHT (😂).

Debut post ☑️
Shot bro. Welcome and yes your cuz is awesome and that's why we were and are gutted to lose him to Cronulla but to get Jay Eff Hyphen Aitch (Haytch if you're Australian) is one impossible signing that could never have been realistic that just actually happened.

Agree bro. But, We don't have the luxury of subbing Addin off for a similar impact prop. Addin does play longer minutes. But he keeps the same energy & momentum. Thats more impressive to me. That his output with a team wasnt even top8 material when he came. Was the same week in week out. Impressive. Our halves can't do shit going backwards. And there is no going backwards with Addin. Addin made our team better. We made Addin an even more impressive monster. I am happy to see fish get more time. Hopefully we don't burn the bloke out.

My point was not to take away from the fish signing. But to celebrate what Addin has done for our club. And i personally rate him as our best ever prop. Which, Fish now has the honour of claiming that for himself once he joins the mighty wahs.
We are singing off the same song sheet while I am throwing in little nuances.

Let me add this one consideration.

Playing off Egan will send JFH's stocks into the stratosphere, that guy can front foot ball anyone.....the fact JFH will be that front foot prop is mouth watering.

Shot bro. Welcome and yes your cuz is awesome and that's why we were and are gutted to lose him to Cronulla but to get Jay Eff Hyphen Aitch (Haytch if you're Australian) is one impossible signing that could never have been realistic that just actually happened.
Thanks bro, you’re correct it’s one that’s blindsided all of us and some that’s left us blind drunk since the announcement lol. I agree with a whole lot of others here that we’re approaching a new era with our club.

Welcome bro.

Post away, your cousin is one of the best players we have ever had, a good reason to post on here lol

Welcome bro.

Thanks bro, it’s been a while reading from the sidelines so I thought it’s time to jump in. JFH coming next year, sheesh we just go from strength to strength. Such a great player to lead on and off the field for our youngsters coming through.

Belated visit to the Penriff forums....because I am petty and it is time to prey off others emotions.

Starts out with wtf....and some I want proof posts (denial)

Goes on to fanbois saying our greatest ever prop gone (anger)

Then the glass half full crowd kick in....freed up Salary Cap and how Ivan is gonna turn some overweight nobody into the next I am (bargaining).

Followed by the Riff supporters turning on one another (Grief).

Pretty much the Elisabeth Kubler Ross stages of grief played out by the organism that is an NRL forum.

Psychology is the Chess for serious NRL pundits. It is the algorithm of human nature that explains all our emotional engagement with this activity we love.

Suck a dick Riff muntards, we just raided your pantry.

Truly doubt that rumor is true. With so many Pacific Islanders, Māori and indigenous players at Penrith and also Cleary having coached and played for the Warriors, he would know how important their culture is to them.

Imo it would be more to do with what has been reported about his grandfather passing that would make him wanting to be back home closer to family.
I'd say this would be different if JFH wanted to go to the eels or rooster, I'm sure cleary and the Panthers would say wait a minute.

But because of the connection to the warriors and Harris wanting to come home, and all he's done for the Panthers it was an easy decision.

Now onto player retention for me.

Whilst JFH leaves a big gap at the Panthers, it does free up valuable salary cap space there and they have been under pressure for a while being unable to compete with offers for their players. I think they will be OK with his loss. They have such a young team and their dominance just increases more pressure come renewal time of their offcontract players. I bet the May brothers are a little disappointed. Could have been the perfect opportunity for Terrell to join his bro at the Panthers had this come to light a little earllier.

Anyone else thinking AFB will have a massive game tomorrow based on all the noise surrounding the Fish signing?
I'm picking this will be a load off his shoulders. I would imagine he wouldn't have felt the best about bugging out a year early and this gives him the vibe that his leaving gap will be filled.

All supposition but I guess that's how I would feel (after a few brownies)

Whilst JFH leaves a big gap at the Panthers, it does free up valuable salary cap space there and they have been under pressure for a while being unable to compete with offers for their players. I think they will be OK with his loss. They have such a young team and their dominance just increases more pressure come renewal time of their offcontract players. I bet the May brothers are a little disappointed. Could have been the perfect opportunity for Terrell to join his bro at the Panthers had this come to light a little earllier.
I'm picking this will be a load off his shoulders. I would imagine he wouldn't have felt the best about bugging out a year early and this gives him the vibe that his leaving gap will be filled.

All supposition but I guess that's how I would feel (after a few brownies)
Laced brownies ??