QCB Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Warriors

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tohu is screwed for this game. Everyone death riding him and as he is a 1% style of player he won't 'stand out' even if he plays well.

I've been a big fan of Tohu since he started way back at the Storm. I feel there is a difference between him this year and last, everything just looks slower. His numbers are still good, post contact work etc, but when watching him in real time a lot of it looks like going through the motions - ball distribution, line speed, how hard he enters a tackle. None of it looks particularly threatening. So whilst I still think we're a better side with him in it, I think he's got room to improve. It may be a symptom of the entire side looking more lacklustre of course, not sure. Less minutes as he comes back from injury is definitely the way to go though. If he plays 65 mins this weekend I think he'll be looking flogged by fulltime and the knives will be out (esp if a loss).

I think Tohu is screwed for this game. Everyone death riding him and as he is a 1% style of player he won't 'stand out' even if he plays well.

I agree.
I thought in the early rounds that Tohu was getting through a mountain of defensive work to keep us in the hard games we played vs the likes of the Sharks and the Storm. And kept over working in games because some others were not doing their jobs....and it seems Webster burned him out. Not because he old or has niggling injuries, but because Webster tried to win games by playing his starters as close to eighty minutes as possible.

Websters fault.

Harris will be good this game, if Webster uses Walker more to allow Harris to concentrate on his attacking game and has enough reserves in the tank for defence with other people doing theirs properly.

Harris shouldn't be the guy doing all the scrambling defending every time people miss their tackles or do not wrap up the ball, it is just nuts one guy carries everyone else in a team that is well capable of making its own tackles.

Of course Tohu's game has deteriorated, you would expect that, especially when you are the captain and you know one of your most important players won't come listen to you talk in a huddle, that clown fortunately got dropped...and my guess is that if he does it again he will be sent to the Circus where he belongs.

Last edited:
Reckon there will be game day changes? It's a very big pack, and the interchange is on that theme too - personally I'd like Taine to be in there somewhere
Mate , i think this is a good squad. let them play, whatever happens in the first ten minutes, then the coach can do changes. otherwise, i believe warriors will score some 20 points in the first half and then they can defend their line until the final whistle. go the warriors.

with the bye and half the team having some time before it coupled with cowgirls on a 6 day turn around and origin depleted or backing up we better put a score on !! I really want to see us out compete them on every play for the full 80.
Would be nice but don't want to go too hard, got the Storm the following week.

Not just Tohu but other players that have proven themselves in the past and even this year. Has Tohu been below his best? I would also say yes. But saying he should be left in reserve grade crazy. Multiple other players been spoken about in the same manner...
Reserve grade? Who said that? That ludicrous… I recall Ref saying it’s all or nothing with Tohu which i completely disagree with. Some of these old fellas coming on for short bursts could be a revelation. Look at Walker.. I think he would be buggered doing 80mins every week but 40mins he can make a difference

Harris shouldn't be the guy doing all the scrambling defending every time people miss their tackles or do not wrap up the ball, it is just nuts one guy carries everyone else in a team that is well capable of making its own tackles.
He certainly hasn’t been doing that this year. Arm grabs and 3rd man flops isn’t “scramble defence”. Take off the rose tinted glasses.

He certainly hasn’t been doing that this year. Arm grabs and 3rd man flops isn’t “scramble defence”. Take off the rose tinted glasses.
And you would be talking about the recent games not the early rounds where he burnt out when we were not using our bench correctly.

Get some glasses, we agree on recent form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back