QCB Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Warriors

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya might be a few swapsies on the day, hard to see Capewell easing himself back in by pushing the likes of Ale and Jazz out when they are actually fit and in form. Would be easier tasks for Ford but are we gonna miss the kamikaze runs of Bunty to wear out the defense?

Would rather play forwards until they are injured or need a rest to keep the groove going, with the injury frequency league wide this year. See what Webby has in store soon

I struggle to believe Webby thinks Egan is an 80 min proposition based on his showings this year. Every tackle he gets up from looks like it'll be his last.

So I fully expect Lussick to come on to the bench. Other option for a spell would be CHT in to 9 for a bit which would then leave Walker at 6 - neither are ideal options.

The question is who drops off. Capewell potentially, and probably should. Not really sure where he fits into the equation.

Lussick
Walker
Ale
Jazz

Walker will split minutes with Tohu and covers outside backs and halves.
Ale and Jazz are the bench props.

That would leave Marata playing 80, or potentially Ford rotates back to backrow to give him a spell.

Either way, I don't expect Egan to be our only hooker and I don't expect the gameday 17 to look like today's 17.
I haven't seen this name since the Turks visited!

He averages 4.6 carries per game & 22 post contact metres per game. His D might wear out the opposition but his offense barely registers, let alone fatigues them
Webster only ever plays him for what 20 minutes a game.

Capewell to start.
Marata to the bench.
Capewell is designed to go 80
Ford is too but since he's propping Ale and Marata will be middle subs.
So bench will be

14. Walker
15. Ale
16. Niukore
17. Lussick

18. Tuaupiki
19. Jazz

This means we get Niukore on the bench for impact instead of Capewell.

Does anyone else get the feeling Rocco is a bit of a character or that they like to Razz Rocco or that he has done a few daft things at training to put him on everyone's radar
1) At a press conference after Round 2 I think it was
Reporter "Rocco Berry had a great game"
Tohu Harris openly giggles and smirks
Webster "Yes Rocco is an interesting character for a variety of reasons we won't go into here but yes he played well tonight and is a core member of the starting side".

2) TMM interviewed after win against the Dolphins
Reporter "So TMM you get a few of your guns back after the bye round, you must be looking forward to that"
TMM "Yeah we get SJ, Chanel and of course the man, the legend that he is Rocco Berry."

These are real quotes that I am not inventing.
Every team must have its characters. Personally, I would pick the bald bros but maybe Rocco has a quirky personality off the field but a little bland on it.

Does anyone else get the feeling Rocco is a bit of a character or that they like to Razz Rocco or that he has done a few daft things at training to put him on everyone's radar
1) At a press conference after Round 2 I think it was
Reporter "Rocco Berry had a great game"
Tohu Harris openly giggles and smirks
Webster "Yes Rocco is an interesting character for a variety of reasons we won't go into here but yes he played well tonight and is a core member of the starting side".

2) TMM interviewed after win against the Dolphins
Reporter "So TMM you get a few of your guns back after the bye round, you must be looking forward to that"
TMM "Yeah we get SJ, Chanel and of course the man, the legend that he is Rocco Berry."

These are real quotes that I am not inventing.

Silverstream Old Boy so already has a foot in the door

Silverstream Old Boy so already has a foot in the door
Dean Carew Memorial for me (ala Marist brothers HS Greymouth)

1717544452140.png

A weird one with Bunty he literally had 1 of his best games in the last game on attack and the stats (on avg) are better than Jazz, Ale, Ford etc, and we all saw visually how he broke the Dolphins lol. Now we get Capewell

Maybe he was told others will return so just run as hard as you can

He averages 4.6 carries per game & 22 post contact metres per game. His D might wear out the opposition but his offense barely registers, let alone fatigues them
What you're forgetting to factor in is the "Bunty effect". After he does those kamikaze runs the opposition tacklers are still stuffed for the next play or 2. So those 4.6 carries should really be considered closer to 9 carries and 60 pcm when you factor in the the player after him getting extra metres due to the damage he's done. 😁
Mostly tongue in cheek but on a serious note I wonder if anyone has actually focused on that aspect and seen if after his hard runs, how much does it advantage the next play. Not just unique to him but all the players that do the no frills, hard runs.

Last edited:
Had to get away from the forum for a bit with the outrageous criticism of some of our injured players.

I have called for a x factor backrower (Mitch or Marata) for a while now. I would rather just one and the other at prop with Ford on the edge. What you gain in attack with those big boys you do sacrifice lateral movement in D. Barnett to middle for pure line speed I reckon (both are dangerous as he'll.on the edge).

Pretty happy with the team otherwise, like the others I don't see the need or justification for Capewell on the bench (or in the team) at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back