Social šŸ¦¹ Crime.

You reckon?
I was being somewhat facetious. I think he did it

He was never actually proven to be innocent of the crime, just not guilty

I just find some black humour in seeing him grace the cover of Woman's Day every now and then, aware of the fact that he never actually was able to prove his innocence (obviously the crown was never able to prove his guilt either). Like, he's possibly a mass murderer and is the face of some glossy womens' mags. Or just someone that's hard done by, and has made good. And don't we love our underdogs

I just find some black humour in seeing him grace the cover of Woman's Day every now and then, aware of the fact that he never actually was able to prove his innocence (obviously the crown was never able to prove his guilt either). Like, he's possibly a mass murderer and is the face of some glossy womens' mags. Or just someone that's hard done by, and has made good. And don't we love our underdogs
Lot of dodgy shit involving Dunedin police and his sister who was on the game too. But yeah it's ironic seeing him smiling out of the Women's Day covers in the supermarket aisles haha.

Lot of dodgy shit involving Dunedin police and his sister who was on the game too. But yeah it's ironic seeing him smiling out of the Women's Day covers in the supermarket aisles haha.
I don't think he did it. Dysfunctional family, probably the old man did it.
Can't blame him for appearing on the cover of womens day. They will have paid good money, a big step up the remuneration ladder from delivering newspapers.

im unsure if he did it or not.
some 20? years ago i had a girlfriend whoā€™s mother was dating joe karam, and i donā€™t know anything everybody else doesnā€™t know or anything, but he obviously sure as shit didnā€™t think bain did it.

to be fair though they should have locked up for those god awful fucking sweaters anyway.
šŸ« 

Last edited:

It was a really poorly put together case by the police... but some very compelling evidence he did do it. the struggle wounds, evidence the dad couldn't of shot himself.

The podcast black hands is a good listen. I listened to out in Dunedin while driving past the crime scene after midnight just for kicks. Quite the experience

one of life's many unsolved mysteries...
Nothing anyone says or demonstrates will convince me that Robin (the father) killed himself. When you see photos of him, there is no way he could have done it the way the defence say he did it.
The big mystery for is: Who Burnt The Bain House? Lots of potential evidence lost in that. Was it a pro-David person because they knew there'd be enough evidence to say it was him or an anti-Bain person who know there wasn't but thought they could convict him on what they already had.
TBPH, whatever you believe, New Zealand did not lose any of it's best and brightest that day.

Why do you think he did it?
No firm reason. Just think the police wouldn't spend so much effort pinning it on him unless they had good reason to do so.

I get that sometimes they make mistakes, and lock the wrong person away. But I believe those are the infrequent exceptions. And the "beyond reasonable doubt" requirement ensures that we have more guilty people acquitted than innocent people in prison.

Plus, the crown pushed back hard on his demand for compensation. That told me that there was still quite a lot of conviction that he was not innocent (as opposed to some very obvious wrongful convictions that deserved compensation)

A friend of my brother's dad's went all in on his innocence, and made it his misison to free the guy. Not sure it was the best use of money

Happy to be proven wrong though. It's one of those cases where it could have gone either way

Nothing anyone says or demonstrates will convince me that Robin (the father) killed himself. When you see photos of him, there is no way he could have done it the way the defence say he did it.
The big mystery for is: Who Burnt The Bain House? Lots of potential evidence lost in that. Was it a pro-David person because they knew there'd be enough evidence to say it was him or an anti-Bain person who know there wasn't but thought they could convict him on what they already had.
TBPH, whatever you believe, New Zealand did not lose any of it's best and brightest that day.
As I recall the house was destroyed by Robinā€™s wider family which effectively took away Bainā€™s inheritance

As I recall the house was destroyed by Robinā€™s wider family which effectively took away Bainā€™s inheritance
So why did they do that before all evidence had been taken and the police were all done with the house? I get that they wouldn't want David to get anything, but they just put all sorts of "but because the house has been destroyed" questions to the jury and the outside world...

this is important, so take your time and be sure.

what time would you say the players arrived home from delivering the newspapers?
Well, if they want to A) Arrive back at training too late to not be obviously late but B) arrive too late to hear Mr Wiki/Whoever is Mr Wiki's replacement ripping the shit out of the team for last week's effort (which will be the point of conjecture, the moment/point on which any legal action against them hangs), the paper run should be a 15-20 minute run. Starting 25-30 minutes before the Captain's Run, which is typically the day before Game Day and the day on which Mr Wiki/Whoever is Mr Wiki's replacement is most shitty and pissed off.

Last edited:
It was a really poorly put together case by the police... but some very compelling evidence he did do it. the struggle wounds, evidence the dad couldn't of shot himself.

The podcast black hands is a good listen. I listened to out in Dunedin while driving past the crime scene after midnight just for kicks. Quite the experience
The fact the father couldn't of shot himself was the big thing for me and I still believe young Bane did It! Not to say the old man wasn't guilty of some old fashioned incest!

Was anyone charged with arson?

If Bains guilty no one cares. If Bains innocent then someone legitimately owes the poor bugger a house!

Back