• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 🆚 NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Who is everyone trading for this week?

I think my 3 of my 4 are locked in this week. Just not sure if I should go Fifita or Connor Watson yet.
I havn't seen any of Watson this year so can't advise you. Fifita is good but he is presently coasting and will go up the gears if the titans get a sniff of playoffs

As for my trades

1) I have gone in for Fogarty - who I traded away isn't important - just someone I had no use for in my side.
I fancy Fogarty over Cleary. Purely because hamstrings are dicey. Pec injuries are no wucking furries.
2) I have gone for Cameron Murray - there weren't much pickings for middles in my price range of 600-700K He was the best option for that price range. Plus Rabbits have no further byes. I cpnsidered Carrigan and could have made that work too but broncos have a bye in round 24.
3) I needed to replace Jai Arrow as a middle. I was tempted by Dylan Walker but historically in his long career he has always produced 30-40 points. I couldn't get past that. So I scoured through every singly middle up to a max of a budget of $700K and eventually after a long process of elimination landed on TPJ. Probably he will backfire and bring in low thirty point scores but what stood out in my research is that he is only 28 and is in his prime. Secondly although he did poorly for the dogs the past two years he lit up fantasy 2020 and 2021 with big seasons. So he has an upside. I am regretting this decision though and may change it tonight.

NZWarriors.com
After my first year of playing Fantasy here is what I have learned

1) Select either star players who are the best in the world or in the top ten in the world for their position. Elites.
2) I had the wrong idea at first and thought it was about selecting diamonds in the rough and undervalued players where I could spot they were talented and watch them go up in price. This strategy does not work. IE I spotted Klees Haas at the beginning of the season and realised he was priced at 30 points but knew he could score a 40 point average. Such a player like Klees Haas is pointless - who cares you selected someone who can average 40 points each game. 40 points doesn't cut it. See point number one
3) Select cheapies who you predicted were going to rocket in value.
4) That is it just point number one players and point number 3 players. No Klees Haas guys, no Starford's, No diamonds in the rough.
5) Get over being offended by players who are weak in real life but gun in fantasy like eli Katoa or Aitken. I couldn't bring myself to pick either on principle that they were bad in real life and this bit me on the ass over and over again . Garrick also comes into this category of someone i wouldn't pick on principle yet was smashing it each week despite not really lifting a finger on the field.
6) And this point is what lost it for me and Tyrael. Wait until Team list tuesday the first week then pick your opening side. I picked mine weeks ahead of the first match and players I picked like Ben Te Kura never got a look in this season and I had to waste a trade just to get rid of him. This was crippling at the start of the season where the bastards who made the rules limited you to two trades each week. And each week I was basically just jettisoning bad choices from my team for the first 4 weeks.

I reckon the game will be much easier for me next year. Still I am looking like breaking into the top 50 000 out of 230 000 players so that is a fair initial effort.

1) Select either star players who are the best in the world or in the top ten in the world for their position. Elites.
2) I had the wrong idea at first and thought it was about selecting diamonds in the rough and undervalued players where I could spot they were talented and watch them go up in price. This strategy does not work. IE I spotted Klees Haas at the beginning of the season and realised he was priced at 30 points but knew he could score a 40 point average. Such a player like Klees Haas is pointless - who cares you selected someone who can average 40 points each game. 40 points doesn't cut it. See point number one
4) That is it just point number one players and point number 3 players. No Klees Haas guys, no Starford's, No diamonds in the rough.
5) Get over being offended by players who are weak in real life but gun in fantasy like eli Katoa or Aitken. I couldn't bring myself to pick either on principle that they were bad in real life and this bit me on the ass over and over again . Garrick also comes into this category of someone i wouldn't pick on principle yet was smashing it each week despite not really lifting a finger on the field.
6) And this point is what lost it for me and Tyrael. Wait until Team list tuesday the first week then pick your opening side. I picked mine weeks ahead of the first match and players I picked like Ben Te Kura never got a look in this season and I had to waste a trade just to get rid of him. This was crippling at the start of the season where the bastards who made the rules limited you to two trades each week. And each week I was basically just jettisoning bad choices from my team for the first 4 weeks.

I reckon the game will be much easier for me next year. Still I am looking like breaking into the top 50 000 out of 230 000 players so that is a fair initial effort.
Yea, the first season is a huge learning curve. You will be much better for it next season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I am going to run with TPJ for this week as his break even is 27 points. I am confident he can beat his break even then I can evaluate trading him out next week. Or he may kill it this week and I keep him.

He will be a POD for me this week and confident none one else will take such a bizarre pick.

I didn't lose it because I didn't wait for TLT, you can always reverse trades.

I think you missed a huge aspect is about your starting team before round 1. It's make or break. I picked Hamlin-Uele who was injured because I thought he was a gun, but didn't realise it's bad to waste trades.

I picked people like Leo Thompson who is a great rl player but has terrible minutes so doesn't score well.

Adding to you

7) your starting team matters
8) look at players minutes played and their ppm
9) don't trade for trades sake, hold when you can
10) look at players combos, like this players scores more when X in the team (Nikora when Hynes in team), or X scores more when Y isn't in the team (Hughes when Munster not in team)
11) Look at their upcoming games
12) Trade with Origin in mind if these aren't bye rounds for the tournament

Warriorsfan92 me and Wrighty will take a cut off the top when you become a youtube star

Iv only done one trade so far - Aitken to Cleary.

All of the other players I want are Origin players & I'm waiting to see if there backing up or injured.

Angus Critchon, Yeo & Robson I wanna bring in. If Carrigans ankle is okay him too.

The way this year has gone though, il count it as a success fielding 17 at the end of it all lol!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I didn't lose it because I didn't wait for TLT, you can always reverse trades.

I think you missed a huge aspect is about your starting team before round 1. It's make or break. I picked Hamlin-Uele who was injured because I thought he was a gun, but didn't realise it's bad to waste trades.

I picked people like Leo Thompson who is a great rl player but has terrible minutes so doesn't score well.

Adding to you

7) your starting team matters
8) look at players minutes played and their ppm
9) don't trade for trades sake, hold when you can
10) look at players combos, like this players scores more when X in the team (Nikora when Hynes in team), or X scores more when Y isn't in the team (Hughes when Munster not in team)
11) Look at their upcoming games
12) Trade with Origin in mind if these aren't bye rounds for the tournament

Warriorsfan92 me and Wrighty will take a cut off the top when you become a youtube star
Hahaha it’s a saturated market these days. Me and a good friend (rank 300), have spoken about it for years but never got around to it.

Wrighty Wrighty Mate Cam Murray is getting suspended after Origin
Thanks for looking out for me I didn't know.
This upsets many of my plans as I have had to go from an elite Middle Cam Murray to a non elite middle I had to scramble to find this afternoon and now the profile of my middles doesn't look great. I have brought in Curran. Who is a 40 point man instead of Murray who is a 50 point man.
I continue to be worried about my TPJ pick and I weighed up carefully TPJ vs Dylan Walker and picked TPJ because he is 30K cheaper and some years ago he used to be elite. I might go ahead with it though or not

What do you guys think I still have time to switch to dylan Walker - who is better TPJ or Walker?

Thanks for looking out for me I didn't know.
This upsets many of my plans as I have had to go from an elite Middle Cam Murray to a non elite middle I had to scramble to find this afternoon and now the profile of my middles doesn't look great. I have brought in Curran. Who is a 40 point man instead of Murray who is a 50 point man.
I continue to be worried about my TPJ pick and I weighed up carefully TPJ vs Dylan Walker and picked TPJ because he is 30K cheaper and some years ago he used to be elite. I might go ahead with it though or not

What do you guys think I still have time to switch to dylan Walker - who is better TPJ or Walker?
TPJ has the better Fantasy game but has always been up and down.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I have 4 trades left & im nervous as shit, but these were forced. I’ve actually still got 3 out so had 7 out initially. Aitken olakuatu latrell cnk iro sharpe hands all out this week.

I had only one centre so traded the suspended Talakai for RTS.
My Hooker Liddle has the bye so I have Freddie Lussick in my squad so hoping he gets a 20 minute 40 point cameo.

NRL Physio - Reported some hamstring tightness after his last game for the Knights prior to Origin 3 - now backing up with 2 games in 3 days. Any sort of strain would likely be a multi-week recovery. Bradman Best

Has Will Pryce Been Dropped by the Knights???

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Yes Pryce has been dropped for Gamble.
Pryce is a sell
Best is a sell depending on how many weeks he is out for.
"In a late change, Adam Elliott (minor calf) comes out of the squad with Dylan Lucas moving to lock forward."
Adam Elliott a sell?

Latrell sharpe cnk & aitken, for Fogarty, haas, tago & starling
Ahh I see you also went on the Fogarty train as well. He got 62 points on Friday and you could see he was just warming up. I analysed to here to Bluff and back the stats before picking Fogarty.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back