Pick Your Team Warriors v Broncos - [Round 17, 2024]

I think for the best prop in the game it’s not hard at all. There have been small examples all season that he’s been acting in a manor that says he’s not connected with teammates like brushing them aside when he scored up to the club publicly taking a stand. Apparently the only one to congratulate SJ when he scored in one instance though. Truth is neither of us know and only speculating but his track record unfortunately can lead to thoughts it’s plausible that he’s having a negative effect on the team, even if that’s in attitude
I think a lot of us are pointing the finger at a few players in the hope it's as simple as one disruptor upsetting the team dynamic and it's an easy fix, get rid of him. Doubt it's that simple but it'd be good if it was.

You don’t lose 66-6 if you are united as a team and playing each other.

AW does not like making big changes to a team list, but pleeeease use the bench more effectively.

I’d love to have Taine Tuapiki in the side, but unless he’s playing FB I’d rather not name him.

CNK
RTS
MGT
Pompey
DWZ
TMM
SJ
AFB
Egan
Ford
Nuikore
Barnett
Walker

CHT
Tohu
Ale
Capewell

Final team.

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 M G Taufa
4 A Pompey
5 R T Sheck
6 C H Tavita
7 T M Martin
8 M Niukore
9 W Egan
10 J Ford
11 M Barnett
12 K Capewell
13 D Walker

14 T Tuaupiki
15 T Harris (prop)
16 J Tavaga
17 J Laban

Pompey out as soon as Leiataua is fit, and SJ doesn't come back unless there are injuries.

AFB gone!

Reactions: CWC
I reckon a lot will have happened since saturday already, though I don't expect to see another story like AFB being dropped for a protocol breach this week... everything will be kept close. Reality for the season is that a win this weekend and we start looking like a minor prospect again... in that respect the defcon 1 defeat has to be a good thing, as our points difference doesn't really matter cos of the bye (and it's not especially bad even now)

There will be forced changes in the halves, we know that... it's then a matter of who do you bring in to reinforce the messaging. I don't think there's any question that we'll see MGT in the squad this week, and so that necessitates find a place for RTS elsewhere.

But the forwards... jeez I don't know, just don't pick Walker at second row again. I'm sticking with something like my earlier line up:

TT
DWZ
MGT
Pompey
RTS
CNK
TMM

Ford
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Laban
Walker

CHT
Tohu (only there because he'll still be squad captain... on field to start with has to be Egan, cos Barney is in squad with 💙 Mighty NSW right?)
AFB (negating the 20 minute slump)
Sifakula

The journalists should be asking how many times did the coaching staff watch the Titans game?

It would be easy to just move on and look forward. That would lead to any changes being made from emotion during the game. Re-watching it they could see the player they originally got annoyed at in the coaching box wasn't entirely at fault and they see the lack of effort elsewhere that caused it.

There will be at least 3 changes with DWZ back from suspension and then the two Origin players coming back. The question will be do we see much more outside of that? We would have had those 3 changes anyway.

I'd imagine sponsors like One NZ probably had a word as well, like how dafuq do we promote our brand to the public when our investment turned into a joke overnight?

Their CEO has been one of the stanchest defenders of the club on social media after the Titans.
He's almost delusional in how positive he is about the team.

I wonder if he's like that in the private meeting lol, shares/stocks/brand reputation on the line on twitter

From the 💙 Mighty NSW Cup side.

It is a pity Leiataua and Zyon Maiu’u are injured.

Tuapiki should be looked at based on performance. But I agree with the post previously that it probably should be fullback. He'd give us some speed.

Graham-Taufa was strong on the weekend and in his debut.

Sifakula would be interesting. It may be a case of where his match fitness is at.

I'd imagine sponsors like One NZ probably had a word as well, like how dafuq do we promote our brand to the public when our investment turned into a joke overnight?
Their CEO has been one of the stanchest defenders of the club on social media after the Titans.
He's almost delusional in how positive he is about the team.
Or maybe he isn't just an emotional cry baby like most on here

Could Webster surprise us and finally name RTS at fullback this week? How many 31-year-olds have converted from fullback to a Centre position?

I think this experiment was all about trusting RTS to make the role his through his solid work ethic and ability to adapt with all the skills he has. What skills has been be able to successfully use while playing in the Centre position? His step has been read on most occasions because is out wide being marked by the opposite man. Through the middle and in open space is where RTS is best utilised, so why is the club so caught on this being the best position for Roger. I don't believe that he wants to play Centre and develop as a quality Centre. He simply doesn't have the time to become one!

Right now the way things stand. I feel that there is absolutely no reason why the fullback role cannot be reserved with CNK who can park himself at Centre and see what RTS can offer. Maybe Roger is off his game and needs a spark. We know how that can be achieved, and that is by playing in his accustomed role in the No1.

Webster has been joking about it in media, well maybe he needs to review that and think about trying something different to see if can change the fortunes a bit.

Back