Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Roosters offering Fifita $3.3 million over 4 years. Man would love to see Naufahu Whyte get a release on compassionate grounds and head home
Good luck to them. Spending that much on Fifita, very inconsistent for that money. I kind of feel like Penriths systems would get the best out of him. I’m just glad they are spending that type of money on him and nothing for the targets we would want(well not chasing who we would want yet 🫣).

Good luck to them. Spending that much on Fifita, very inconsistent for that money. I kind of feel like Penriths systems would get the best out of him. I’m just glad they are spending that type of money on him and nothing for the targets we would want(well not chasing who we would want yet 🫣).
You’re just repeating the media narrative. Anyone watching Fifita objectively can see he’s a weapon for the Titans, consistently the number 1 performing second rower in the comp. In an elite team he would be even more lethal, scary if he goes to the Panthers.

Imagine if our edge back rowers were Niukore and Fifita instead of spending money on Capewell.
Both Ford and Capewell have too much of a similar game style to start alongside one another . They both rely on their workhorse mentality and hardly pose much of a threat breaking the line and drawing the opposition defence in. I’d be really pissed off to see Niukore used as a front rower of the bench when he returns, although we all thought this would be his role moving forward. He needs to start on the right with Jacko on the left and capewell of the bench.

Kia Ora Wiremu! Welcome to the forum! I see you've mentioned yourself playing for the wahs several times on here even though you're under contract at Parra? Tell parra you want to haere mai back home.

Team sets sights on New Zealand Warriors flyer​

He was a member of the 2023 Dally M Team of the Year.​

ETHAN LEE CHALK
NRL Rd 6 - Warriors v Sea Eagles

A star winger for the New Zealand Warriors, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, is reportedly in the sights of another team for next season.

A former skipper for the New Zealand Kiwis, Watene-Zelezniak has been in career-best form over the past few seasons, but his form has recently taken a slump to begin this season.
Named in the Dally M Team of the Year in 2023, the acrobatic flyer is nearing 200 first-grade games in the NRL and is currently sitting at 198, with 55 coming from his time with the Warriors
Capped 13 times by the Kiwis, the 28-year-old is reportedly attracting interest from an overseas club as he nears the end of his current contract.

As reported by French publication L'Independant, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has caught the attention of Super League team Catalan Dragons, who are currently monitoring the winger's situation.

Watene-Zelezniak was initially off-contract at the end of this season but decided to extend his contract at the backend of last year until the conclusion of the 2025 NRL season.

You’re just repeating the media narrative. Anyone watching Fifita objectively can see he’s a weapon for the Titans, consistently the number 1 performing second rower in the comp. In an elite team he would be even more lethal, scary if he goes to the Panthers.
Nope, I’m just saying what I have seen. Just went through the stats and he is not as bad as what I had initially thought. His stats would have him as a good to very good second rower, his xfactor contribution would push him over the line to make him a star. I still would struggle to think for most teams he is not worth a million $. Just my view, which may be wrong. I do believe he would be dynamite for the Panthers in particular.

Team sets sights on New Zealand Warriors flyer​

He was a member of the 2023 Dally M Team of the Year.​

ETHAN LEE CHALK
NRL Rd 6 - Warriors v Sea Eagles

A star winger for the New Zealand Warriors, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, is reportedly in the sights of another team for next season.

A former skipper for the New Zealand Kiwis, Watene-Zelezniak has been in career-best form over the past few seasons, but his form has recently taken a slump to begin this season.
Named in the Dally M Team of the Year in 2023, the acrobatic flyer is nearing 200 first-grade games in the NRL and is currently sitting at 198, with 55 coming from his time with the Warriors
Capped 13 times by the Kiwis, the 28-year-old is reportedly attracting interest from an overseas club as he nears the end of his current contract.

As reported by French publication L'Independant, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has caught the attention of Super League team Catalan Dragons, who are currently monitoring the winger's situation.

Watene-Zelezniak was initially off-contract at the end of this season but decided to extend his contract at the backend of last year until the conclusion of the 2025 NRL season.
Zero tackle hahahahaha