28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
A good read Sup. The thing though is that the players you focused on are all unique & have very different stories.

Papali'i was off contract, offered less $ at 21 then what he was on at 18, looking at a 3rd coach in 9 months & living out of a suitcase for the foreseeable future. Instead he chose even less money to go to a club that had stability & a coach who had a history of getting the best out of his Second Rowers (Manu Ma'u, Shaun Lane).

Katoa didn't decline any extension. A month after Webster signed, which was to be his 5th coach at the Warriors, he was granted a release from his final 2 seasons for more opportunities. Was he told he wasn't part of the plans? After going through all 3 seasons of the covid era he'd lived in Australia longer than he ever had in NZ.
Covid restrictions got the better of good clubmen like Ah Mau, Maumalo & RTS so you have to take that into consideration too.

I'd love to hear Taukeiaho's story on becoming a middle. He spent an entire season in NSW Cup after leaving the Warriors so I wonder if he got there & their coaches thought he wasn't going to have a much of a career on the edge so they began his transition. Would have much rather that switch took place at the Warriors but compared to the Roosters both our players & coaches are more impatient.

Nigel Vagana, Thomas Leuluai & SJ all show we shouldn't completely close the door to players wanting to return from other clubs

Katoa really struggled with the COVID situation in my opinion, also the Nathan Brown coaching. Didn't get game time while Brown preferred shit loan players. Katoa had a good first season, and still had a lot of development to do, very short sighted to release him, he should have been cuddled and given a pat on the arse, rather than treated poorly with no game time then released.

Katoa really struggled with the COVID situation in my opinion, also the Nathan Brown coaching. Didn't get game time while Brown preferred shit loan players. Katoa had a good first season, and still had a lot of development to do, very short sighted to release him, he should have been cuddled and given a pat on the arse, rather than treated poorly with no game time then released.
Can recall the game that Brown packed a sad in the presser and said we’re no longer a development club. Was the exact game Katoa had a poor one with many handling errors. In hindsight it was a poor decision as he was always going to be our version of Olakau’atu or Fifita and can play 80 minutes on an edge. Looking back I’m pretty sure I was of the opinion to shift him on and regret that as wrong. Agree with your post

It was unfair’: Dylan Brown “disappointed” to see Brad Arthur sacked, says players are to blame for Parramatta’s horror start​

Parramatta’s decision to sack Brad Arthur hasn’t gone down well with everyone at the club, with one of their biggest stars calling the move “unfair”.
Martin Gabor
Parramatta star Dylan Brown says it was “unfair” for Brad Arthur to be sacked as the club’s coach at this stage of the season and concedes the players are to blame for his demise with the Eels languishing in the bottom four.
Brown is the first Eels player to speak publicly about the veteran coach’s axing, with Arthur sacked following a heavy loss to the Storm at Magic Round where they leaked 48 points to a team missing some of its biggest stars.
Arthur and Brown had a special bond from the moment the Kiwis playmaker made his NRL debut in 2019, and it explains why he was gutted to see his mentor shown the door after he guided the Eels to the grand final in 2022.
Brad Arthur was sacked on Monday evening. Picture: NRL Photos

“We’re all adults and things happen that we don’t want to happen. It was unexpected what happened and it’s disappointing to see him go because a lot of us are really close with Brad,” he said.
“For him to be gone just like that, especially at this time of the season, is disappointing.
“We are disappointed but we’ve got to move on and get results because there are fans waiting for us to perform. Brad wasn’t going to perform on the field, it’s us players that have to.
“It’s disappointing that results were the reason that he did get sacked, and that’s up to us.
“A lot of us dwelled on that and we think it was our fault, but the only thing that’s going to get us out of this is each other. There’s nothing we can do about it except to perform, and we’re not doing that at the moment.”
The timing of Arthur’s sacking coincided with Parramatta’s secret mission to try to sign Wayne Bennett who confirmed the following day that he was off to the Rabbitohs in 2025.
The season is far from over for the Eels who will likely get key men Mitch Moses and Clint Gutherson back from injury on Thursday night, which is why some people were surprised that Arthur was axed rather than given more time with his stars back.
Dylan Brown says the decision to get rid of the coach was unfair. Picture: Brendon Thorne/Getty Images

Dylan Brown says the decision to get rid of the coach was unfair. Picture: Brendon Thorne/Getty Images

“The decision has come from above and we don’t know the exact reasons as to why it was this timing, but we always knew there was pressure on him, and he knew that,” Brown said after the 42-26 loss to Souths.
“I felt like it was unfair, but there are reasons behind it that they’ve decided to do so.
“We’re the ones that go out there every week. If you talk to anyone – not just the leadership group but players 1-30 – it’s our responsibility. It’s embarrassing.”
Co-captain Junior Paulo sat next to interim coach Trent Barrett in the post-match press conference and said he was “shocked” when he heard the news about Arthur, and it’s up to the players now to turn things around with just three wins in 2024.
The Eels acknowledge that their defence isn’t up to standard. Picture: Jason McCawley/Getty Images

The Eels acknowledge that their defence isn’t up to standard. Picture: Jason McCawley/Getty Images
That starts with their defence which has been awful at times this season, with the Eels conceding 30 points per game and winless away from home despite boasting one of the best attacking rosters in the league.
“I think that’s been the story of our season. It’s not the points that we’re not scoring, it’s the points that we’re receiving,” Brown said.
“It’s pretty embarrassing again, but we just need to find some momentum and stick with it. We’re having the same conversations behind the posts every time they score (where we say) ‘win the set and get the ball back’, but we’re not doing that.”

It was unfair’: Dylan Brown “disappointed” to see Brad Arthur sacked, says players are to blame for Parramatta’s horror start​

Parramatta’s decision to sack Brad Arthur hasn’t gone down well with everyone at the club, with one of their biggest stars calling the move “unfair”.
Martin Gabor
Parramatta star Dylan Brown says it was “unfair” for Brad Arthur to be sacked as the club’s coach at this stage of the season and concedes the players are to blame for his demise with the Eels languishing in the bottom four.
Brown is the first Eels player to speak publicly about the veteran coach’s axing, with Arthur sacked following a heavy loss to the Storm at Magic Round where they leaked 48 points to a team missing some of its biggest stars.
Arthur and Brown had a special bond from the moment the Kiwis playmaker made his NRL debut in 2019, and it explains why he was gutted to see his mentor shown the door after he guided the Eels to the grand final in 2022.

“We’re all adults and things happen that we don’t want to happen. It was unexpected what happened and it’s disappointing to see him go because a lot of us are really close with Brad,” he said.
“For him to be gone just like that, especially at this time of the season, is disappointing.
“We are disappointed but we’ve got to move on and get results because there are fans waiting for us to perform. Brad wasn’t going to perform on the field, it’s us players that have to.
“It’s disappointing that results were the reason that he did get sacked, and that’s up to us.
“A lot of us dwelled on that and we think it was our fault, but the only thing that’s going to get us out of this is each other. There’s nothing we can do about it except to perform, and we’re not doing that at the moment.”
The timing of Arthur’s sacking coincided with Parramatta’s secret mission to try to sign Wayne Bennett who confirmed the following day that he was off to the Rabbitohs in 2025.
The season is far from over for the Eels who will likely get key men Mitch Moses and Clint Gutherson back from injury on Thursday night, which is why some people were surprised that Arthur was axed rather than given more time with his stars back.

“The decision has come from above and we don’t know the exact reasons as to why it was this timing, but we always knew there was pressure on him, and he knew that,” Brown said after the 42-26 loss to Souths.
“I felt like it was unfair, but there are reasons behind it that they’ve decided to do so.
“We’re the ones that go out there every week. If you talk to anyone – not just the leadership group but players 1-30 – it’s our responsibility. It’s embarrassing.”
Co-captain Junior Paulo sat next to interim coach Trent Barrett in the post-match press conference and said he was “shocked” when he heard the news about Arthur, and it’s up to the players now to turn things around with just three wins in 2024.

That starts with their defence which has been awful at times this season, with the Eels conceding 30 points per game and winless away from home despite boasting one of the best attacking rosters in the league.
“I think that’s been the story of our season. It’s not the points that we’re not scoring, it’s the points that we’re receiving,” Brown said.
“It’s pretty embarrassing again, but we just need to find some momentum and stick with it. We’re having the same conversations behind the posts every time they score (where we say) ‘win the set and get the ball back’, but we’re not doing that.”
Offer Brad an assistant role at the Warriors sounds like the plan.

Got to say I thought Ford was massive yesterday - I know he has an error in him, but if it's because he's giving 100% for 80m I can live with it, and they seem down on last year. I think calls to trade him out are nuts. He's really stepped up when we've been down on troops and looks like he's filling out a bit -looked like his assignment was to keep Bromich & Nichols quiet, did well. Big effort player with big motor - just Webby's cup of tea, must be due for an early extension!

Got to say I thought Ford was massive yesterday - I know he has an error in him, but if it's because he's giving 100% for 80m I can live with it, and they seem down on last year. I think calls to trade him out are nuts. He's really stepped up when we've been down on troops and looks like he's filling out a bit -looked like his assignment was to keep Bromich & Nichols quiet, did well. Big effort player with big motor - just Webby's cup of tea, must be due for an early extension!
The dude is a machine! He was everywhere! Playing prop, lock, second row!

Would love to get Karapani here, his family’s in Auckland. And no certainty to start at broncos next year, only playing due to injury.
Looks to be A Deine Mariner clone
Speaking of Taukeiaho, Karapani is basically that story all over again.

Warriors told him they didn't want him and to look for another club when he was in our SG ball side.

Absolutely zero chance he would want to come back.

He's had some trouble before (hence why the Rabbitohs gave him the boot) might not be the most disciplined trainer. But looks to have grabbed this Broncos opportunity.

Although this os a recruitment and retention thread, I believe there are 2 players in the top 30 squad that need be released, at the end of the year:

Ed Kosi and Fred Lussick

Despite having time to run on their contracts, we have enough cover for both of these players and by letting them go we can either bring up guys from NSW Cup or buy in players from Aust, UK or RU.

Although this os a recruitment and retention thread, I believe there are 2 players in the top 30 squad that need be released, at the end of the year:

Ed Kosi and Fred Lussick

Despite having time to run on their contracts, we have enough cover for both of these players and by letting them go we can either bring up guys from NSW Cup or buy in players from Aust, UK or RU.

Id like to see our replacements before making that call.

Who's next in line after Lussick? Surely not just Roach and CHT - we've hardly seen CHT there and Roache has less than 100 minutes in first grade.

Same as Kosi...if I'm honest I'm worried that Dallin takes up a contract somewhere else in 2026, so really we only have Montoya, RTS and Graham-Taufua on the books who have played fg and would go alright at winger, so I think that's something we probably need to address before dropping Kosi.

Id like to see our replacements before making that call.

Who's next in line after Lussick? Surely not just Roach and CHT - we've hardly seen CHT there and Roache has less than 100 minutes in first grade.

Same as Kosi...if I'm honest I'm worried that Dallin takes up a contract somewhere else in 2026, so really we only have Montoya, RTS and Graham-Taufua on the books who have played fg and would go alright at winger, so I think that's something we probably need to address before dropping Kosi.
That's absolutely right! They need to extend DWZ of course. But I'm not confident in kosi going forward no matter who we have at the club!

Back