Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
That's true but where are they?

Kosi is OK but rocks n diamonds so far and not better than Montoya

Tu - can't crack 1st grade

Graham-taufa - 22 yrs old and looks the goods but can't crack first grade

Where are the manu/meli/faafili's
We don't need them to crack first grade right now, Kosi will be able to do the job if injury occurs.
Also wouldn't be surprised if Ali is played at wing if required too.

And I think it's been mentioned previously about the focus being on big and powerful previously. Would a Taruva type player get overlooked coming through in NZ?
I think we've moved on from the archtypical "Manu" type wingers now havent we? Wouldnt classify either Dallin or Marcelo in that category......just good skills, plenty of heart, and bit of toe is always good........i could look at the Super Rugby line ups this weekend and find plenty of outside backs who could fit this criteria,

Or the sevens circuit which is probably the area to target as you wouldnt have to be paying overs.

I always have a good chuckle about how the Warriors should already be producing top wingers.

I mean yes, we SHOULD be, but we're not haha. Same as props, I would have thought the Warriors would have the pick of the crop, yet we see top props and wingers in the NRL - NAS, Tapine, JFH, JWH, Mullitalo, Feka, Manu etc all play for other teams.

So yes, absolutely I'd be investing good money in those areas as we've demonstrated that currently we dont develop enough to be self sufficient in that area.

Rarely see anyone switch and tbh i think our wingers are already as good or better than Warbrick. If Caleb Clark wants to switch I might get interested but sometime like that will want a million bucks and that's too much too waste on a winget
Rabbits are convinced Caleb Clark is heading there next year after he trained in the offseason with them. Some even think he’ll be linking up with them after the super rugby season ends? If there was any truth, perhaps their recent form and club issues has had a change of heart for him?

Rarely see anyone switch and tbh i think our wingers are already as good or better than Warbrick. If Caleb Clark wants to switch I might get interested but sometime like that will want a million bucks and that's too much too waste on a winget
Maybe not once they become established All Black and super rugby players but plenty switch at the lower levels which is why every NRL team target our 1st 15 comp ala Rocco Berry and plenty others. Theres also a sevens circuit (where Storm picked up Warbrick) with plenty of ready made targets and an NPC nursery that just requires a bit of talent I.D.

My main point being i guess if we're just waiting for our own local Rugby League systems to produce the next Manu, Meli etc she could be a long wait between drinks.

Last edited:
Rabbits are convinced Caleb Clark is heading there next year after he trained in the offseason with them. Some even think he’ll be linking up with them after the super rugby season ends? If there was any truth, perhaps their recent form and club issues has had a change of heart for him?
From a poster off the Warren

Ok ok boys and girls I don’t post rumours unless my sources have substance but please don’t shoot the messenger. I have a very close relative who is mates with Solly and the goss is: yes there is a 3 year deal tabled for Jye Gray and he wants to stay. They are working out the financials. Caleb Clarke will be a bunny in 25 and if things work out possibly this year. They are looking at a second rower who plays in the ESL (don’t know who). Dane is definitely not coming. There will be a meeting after the bye round regarding the coaching going forward that will include Rusty

1711665631836.jpeg

See Walsh’s comment regarding Fifita. I reckon he’s going to attract some interest. Cowboys have denied Gosiewski’s immediate release and been reading the roosters moaning about Tupouniua’s defence all morning on roosters forum, that’s two teams I could see interested in Fifita being the broncos and roosters?

Last edited:
I always have a good chuckle about how the Warriors should already be producing top wingers.

I mean yes, we SHOULD be, but we're not haha. Same as props, I would have thought the Warriors would have the pick of the crop, yet we see top props and wingers in the NRL - NAS, Tapine, JFH, JWH, Mullitalo, Feka, Manu etc all play for other teams.

So yes, absolutely I'd be investing good money in those areas as we've demonstrated that currently we dont develop enough to be self sufficient in that area.
We have wingers, just because they aren't beating out the incumbents doesn't mean they wouldn't do their role.
I still maintain it is better for overall squad composition to pay outside backs cheaply, spend up in the pack and spine. We are ultra lucky at the moment that our spine is on minimal compared to many of the other top teams.

From a poster off the Warren

Ok ok boys and girls I don’t post rumours unless my sources have substance but please don’t shoot the messenger. I have a very close relative who is mates with Solly and the goss is: yes there is a 3 year deal tabled for Jye Gray and he wants to stay. They are working out the financials. Caleb Clarke will be a bunny in 25 and if things work out possibly this year. They are looking at a second rower who plays in the ESL (don’t know who). Dane is definitely not coming. There will be a meeting after the bye round regarding the coaching going forward that will include Rusty
Hmm I might be abit old school but feel the Union runs strong in the Michael Jones come Eroni Clarke inspired generation of Westie players. Be very surprised if he actually makde the switch of codes full time. I think he would be more likely to go abroad with Union and change international allegiances to Manu Samoa.

We have wingers, just because they aren't beating out the incumbents doesn't mean they wouldn't do their role.
I still maintain it is better for overall squad composition to pay outside backs cheaply, spend up in the pack and spine. We are ultra lucky at the moment that our spine is on minimal compared to many of the other top teams.

Of course we have wingers, but I'm talking about top wingers.

Who are the best 3 wingers we've produced in the years since Manu? I'm struggling to think of anyone outside of Fus.

Same question, but about our props. Top 3 props we've developed in the last 10 years or so....
Sam Lisone probably says hello at this point lol

But yeah, I agree with what you've said about they should be your cheapest positions in the game, I'm just wondering if because of our highly rated juniors coming through that we may be able to break that mould for a couple of years and think outside the box.

Of course we have wingers, but I'm talking about top wingers.

Who are the best 3 wingers we've produced in the years since Manu? I'm struggling to think of anyone outside of Fus.

Same question, but about our props. Top 3 props we've developed in the last 10 years or so....
Sam Lisone probably says hello at this point lol

But yeah, I agree with what you've said about they should be your cheapest positions in the game, I'm just wondering if because of our highly rated juniors coming through that we may be able to break that mould for a couple of years and think outside the box.
What ever happened to Fus, like the real story and where is he now?!

Hmm I might be abit old school but feel the Union runs strong in the Michael Jones come Eroni Clarke inspired generation of Westie players. Be very surprised if he actually makde the switch of codes full time. I think he would be more likely to go abroad with Union and change international allegiances to Manu Samoa.
Growing up outside of Auckland as a kid it seemed like any Maori or Samoan from Auckland that came into town was Michael Jones' cousin. I'd had to have been that guy at Christmas.

That Souths post earlier for Caleb Clarke sounds like the type of hope we'd have in the 2013-2019 era where we were thinking we made the GF in 3 grades in 2011 we will turn it around soon. We are an attractive destination. I head these guys were coming here. Only for it to not eventuate.

We hear a lot of union players say how they are interested in the NRL, love watching it, or would love to give it a go. Until we start seeing them come across again I will remain sceptical. The money is improving in the NRL and the competition is going well. But they still can decide to leave Australia and New Zealand for England, France, Japan etc to earn good money and experience a different culture.

Clarke training with them may provide some hope. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few players train with an NRL in the off season as something different or extras similar how some NRL players would do a pre-season before joining their clubs. Head off to Thailand or do a fight style camp some where.