Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • C

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • F---- :(

Votes: 74 58.7%

• Total voters
If he was standing where SJ is but on the other side and takes that ball from AFB, RTS shreds that defensive line.
Love the still frame. RTS and Montoya aren't even in the shot or in position to do anything. AFB made the right decision not passing to Tohu or to TMM. TMM is there ready if you play on a frame or two, possibly a little deeper than he needs to be but in a similar position the set or two before where he gets the ball from Tohu and threatens.

Fair criticism but we finish that set pinning them in their 10 and they only make it to their 20 before brain snap decision making by our rocks and rocks winger allows them to score a long range try.

Looking at what's ahead I hope the Knights win this weekend so that they aren't quite at desperation stage when we head over there next weekend. It's going to be a tough away game regardless (always is at Newcastle), followed by the Roosters away and Panthers at home so it's crucial all 3 games aren't lost. As things stand right now I'd probably be satisfied with a 5-1-6 record at the halfway stage of the season with a shot at the final 12 games and hopefully some of the injured players back. Top 8 still seems realistic, top 4 is looking remote but who really knows.
Pretty sure the Panthers game is in Brisbane during magic round.

Love the still frame. RTS and Montoya aren't even in the shot or in position to do anything. AFB made the right decision not passing to Tohu or to TMM. TMM is there ready if you play on a frame or two, possibly a little deeper than he needs to be but in a similar position the set or two before where he gets the ball from Tohu and threatens.

Fair criticism but we finish that set pinning them in their 10 and they only make it to their 20 before brain snap decision making by our rocks and rocks winger allows them to score a long range try.
RTS and Montoya must be extremely deep not to even be in the picture. Is this deliberate?

I also absolutely hate playing at Mt smart. It’s such a shit looking stadium on TV. The game asthetic is just so depressing dark and grim. The grass always looks heavy and boggish. Hate that empty fucking embankment s well.

I just hate this fucking club.

Admin can you please ban me for my own mental health?

Mate - hug a friend

It’s not that bad

I get that defense is an issue, but we simply cant massacre an opponent because we cant apply real pressure. Ie constantly attacking their try line.

I get that defense is an issue, but we simply cant massacre an opponent because we cant apply real pressure. Ie constantly attacking their try line.
Look, I agree with you to a degree. Certainly room for improvement. But you can't concede to a team attacking from their own 20m zone when you are up 12-0. They should have been tackled on the 5th in their 30m and kicking under pressure with us receiving in great field position and turning the screws. Similarly the second half we didn't get a result from an attacking set and DWZ pushes a non existent offload on the kick return. Titans score from there. Some mentally weak players and some really poor defence. Soft tries let them back in the game instead of us breaking them and kicking on. Fifita carries four warriors and scores. Laban with a rookie error you can forgive.

If you are defending well, your attack generally feeds off that in the NRL. Our defence hasn't been up to the standard from last year and our attack feels very one dimensional.

Look, I agree with you to a degree. Certainly room for improvement. But you can't concede to a team attacking from their own 20m zone when you are up 12-0. They should have been tackled on the 5th in their 30m and kicking under pressure with us receiving in great field position and turning the screws. Similarly the second half we didn't get a result from an attacking set and DWZ pushes a non existent offload on the kick return. Titans score from there. Some mentally weak players and some really poor defence. Soft tries let them back in the game instead of us breaking them and kicking on. Fifita carries four warriors and scores. Laban with a rookie error you can forgive.

If you are defending well, your attack generally feeds off that in the NRL. Our defence hasn't been up to the standard from last year and our attack feels very one dimensional.
Agree our defence has been the major part of our losses

I haven't read the whole thread (I need to tune out after a disappointing loss). But my 2 cents

We have no plans b - plan a is kick to the corners and pin them and wait for a mistake. These last two weeks the drags/tits were playing with a unbelievable completion rate. Plus our I'll discipline just let's them off the hook. And when they start winning the ruck, plan A doesn't work.

It’s the outside backs letting the team down in defense. That’s where points are leaking

While I enjoy CNK taking 100 hit ups a game and making thousands of metres - it’s means he buggered on the defensive end and no where to be seen

The Berry & DWZ combo are getting bullied on the outside every week…

From what I’ve seen so far, RTS is very good in the air and Berry also with his height, then there’s a tall target in Laban now too. Winger aren’t short either, would like to see us pepper the goal line with kicks falling just short but mixing it up with a grubber here and there too

Could implement having the centre on opposite side ready to go for the grubber chases while SJ bombs or pretends to bomb to the other side

we had shit performances like this last year as well. For example the bunnies and chooks games at Mt Smart last year. People forget that it was only 2 weeks ago that we were the best defensive team in the comp and we were looking as strong as we did last year. So the team has it in them to go deep this year, we have simply lost our way in the last 2 games. There is nothing here that isn't fixable. So to proclaim that the season is done after 2 bad performances

My main concern is with our defense, particularly in the backs. I know this won't happen in the short term but I think the backline needs major changes. ie Dalin to fullback (where he has experience), Chanze to right centre (running off Shaun), Roger to right wing (also with experience). Not sure about the left side but I would like to see Chanel at half and Roco at centre (Te Maira in the meantime)

I am starting to worry that Webby is not responding as he should to these losses.

I understand we are very low on troops and therefore options, but I would have expected some changes to the game plan after the last 3 games.

I will admit that the game plan does work with our best 17 on the park, but we are a far cry from that now and I don't think we have the cattle to play like this at present. Notice how none of the other teams are using or copying this game model?

I am concerned with the parallels between this and the coaching of Steven Kearney who never dropped out of form players and insisted on sticking with "the process" regardless of outcomes.

The fact that Webster rigidly sticks to his "process", and refuses to change mid game is what has allowed the opposition coaches to do their homework and outplay our team. We are made vulnerable by our very predictability.

I think Ale is doing Bunty's job well in the middle, same number of tackles and limited hit ups, but averaging about 10m per run, better than Bunty, our issues are really penalties followed by centre/winger brain snap individual defense, nothing your pack can do, shows the other team was clinical when given a free pass.

TBH I was thinking this is a good Titans team playing on par with Raiders and Manly, obviously losing sucks but they are not playing like a wooden spoon team right now, sky didn't fall, just need to fix individual issues or change of personnel, the attack looked good with variations, they might need therapy for mental issues at the clutch though, downgrade from last year

Last edited:
Back