1. 2016
  2. 2017
  3. 2018
  4. 2019
  5. 2020
  6. 2021
  7. 2024
Signed From
Sydney Roosters, Auckland Blues (Rugby Union)
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
  2. Warriors Player of the Year
  3. Golden Boot
  4. Dally M (Positional Award)
  5. Dally M (Overall)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Tuivasa-Sheck
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/roger-tuivasa-sheck/summary.html
move him to right centre where he can utilise his left foot step to create spacing. He can also Lomax like compete for high balls and create more chances.

Not like berrys doing anything except bot tackles.

Roger needs to learn his new position. He plays like a fullback going towards the middle of the field with dancing feet instead of running hard at the gap between the opposition centre and wing and trying to put his wing away. He's a fullback.
Unfortunately we have a fullback so I'm not sure where that puts him. I love what CNK has bought to the position so I wouldn't be shifting him just because we have a big chunk of salary cap that doesn't fit somewhere else. Similarly with Montoya. He does his job so leave him where he is.
Roger was huge for us when the team wasn't firing. But it's a different dynamic now. If he's not doing his job now then shouldn't one of the younger guys that have worked hard for years learning to be a centre get a shot?

Roger needs to learn his new position. He plays like a fullback going towards the middle of the field with dancing feet instead of running hard at the gap between the opposition centre and wing and trying to put his wing away. He's a fullback.
Unfortunately we have a fullback so I'm not sure where that puts him. I love what CNK has bought to the position so I wouldn't be shifting him just because we have a big chunk of salary cap that doesn't fit somewhere else. Similarly with Montoya. He does his job so leave him where he is.
Roger was huge for us when the team wasn't firing. But it's a different dynamic now. If he's not doing his job now then shouldn't one of the younger guys that have worked hard for years learning to be a centre get a shot?
Big Ali must be getting pissed off watching RTS.
And thinking hell I can do that and with more attack, So am I wasting my time here.
He is too good not to be used.

He used to join the line and pass when he was a fullback.
This is what I expected him to do as a simple skill.

I really think his headspace is what needs work. Even get some of our old boys centres around him ... Toopi, Vagana (Nigel), Tate..... just to get some of the intricacies of centre into him.

Last question though. Is he past his best? And if so is that good enough for us?

This is what I expected him to do as a simple skill.

I really think his headspace is what needs work. Even get some of our old boys centres around him ... Toopi, Vagana (Nigel), Tate..... just to get some of the intricacies of centre into him.

Last question though. Is he past his best? And if so is that good enough for us?
I am too new to league to have any sage observations about whether Roger is best suited to centre and if so left centre vs right centre, or if he should go to the wing. I do have a question though = what does a good centre look like skill set wise and how close is Roger to matching that ?
Who are and who have have been the great warriors centres and how close is Roger to their skill set?

I think the concern with RTS isn’t even his playing ability, it’s his judgement now, to be honest there has been a mistake every game we’ve lostthat is just dumb play.

Like playing at a ball in the sharks game 1 step from the sideline, dropped it and the sharks scored, fighting for a quick ply the ball in Melbourne when we were up 8 points with a few mins left and then the drop out, there may be others in the games we won but just didn’t notice cause it’s easy to over look on a win

I am too new to league to have any sage observations about whether Roger is best suited to centre and if so left centre vs right centre, or if he should go to the wing. I do have a question though = what does a good centre look like skill set wise and how close is Roger to matching that ?
Who are and who have have been the great warriors centres and how close is Roger to their skill set?
Toopi for attack. Tate for all round. Vagana as well.

Sure there have been more but the centres who have made the most impact have either been Carlaw type mid range but dependable or Hurrell type who can destroy four defenders and score.

I think Roger needs fine tuning. I'd like him to defend well and organise the left edge. I'd like him to distribute and link with his winger better.

I'd like him to find his role in the pecking order as a former club and country captain. As a former dally M this and that and embody his current Warriors identity.

That should get him close

Why after round 12? I want to do that now.
Montoya has been pretty bad all year
I think reading the mind of the collective unconscious of the coaches who make these decisions - there is something about Roger that says he is best fits at centre because he has such strong tackling skills. I think this lead union coaches to put him at 12 rather than on the wing. I just can't, Hornby Brown, see them triggering this decision to put him at wing instead of centre without a decent run at the centre position and that means until round 12.

I think reading the mind of the collective unconscious of the coaches who make these decisions - there is something about Roger that says he is best fits at centre because he has such strong tackling skills. I think this lead union coaches to put him at 12 rather than on the wing. I just can't, Hornby Brown, see them triggering this decision to put him at wing instead of centre without a decent run at the centre position and that means until round 12.
Webster is knowledgeable enough to know it was never going to be a easy transition.
I mentioned it many times and if I knew it I am sure Webster would know.
Swapping him around will only be worse.
Tmm is struggling to keep up and that's not helping.
Metcalf and RTS were actually developing until the injury to Metcalf but that's footy

Why after round 12? I want to do that now.
Montoya has been pretty bad all year
Perhaps Montoya will come right if he has Pompey inside of him?

Roger to me looks like he is playing like a Roosters FB. Playing for themself. I would like to see him replaced by Pompey but our biggest issue atm is our backrowers. Not sure we can afford to continue with this experiment. Have him as a winger/back up FB not Centre. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Perhaps Montoya will come right if he has Pompey inside of him?

Roger to me looks like he is playing like a Roosters FB. Playing for themself. I would like to see him replaced by Pompey but our biggest issue atm is our backrowers. Not sure we can afford to continue with this experiment. Have him as a winger/back up FB not Centre. I would love to be proven wrong though.
Montoya is trying hard with his carry/returns.
Our left edge is nonexistent and he's not getting any good ball.
We have bigger issues than Montoya.
Guess everyone needs a scapegoat

stop making errors would be a good start, in attack in dont think it would matter if we had staggs or chricton or whoever the big time left centers are, since metcalf got injured shaun and wayde only come out that way to hit ford with a short ball - thats it. Pass to his winger? why so he can get chucked into touch instead, its not like there's overlaps gone begging.

there is an argument to play pompey if all that position is going to do is tackle and hit it up, but considering how weakened the forwards are they won't be subtracting 176 running meters a game out of the side.

stop making errors would be a good start, in attack in dont think it would matter if we had staggs or chricton or whoever the big time left centers are, since metcalf got injured shaun and wayde only come out that way to hit ford with a short ball - thats it. Pass to his winger? why so he can get chucked into touch instead, its not like there's overlaps gone begging.

there is an argument to play pompey if all that position is going to do is tackle and hit it up, but considering how weakened the forwards are they won't be subtracting 176 running meters a game out of the side.
Notwithstanding the 176 running metres I would put Pompey in for Montoya now. Wil save us at least one try every game.

Toopi for attack. Tate for all round. Vagana as well.

Sure there have been more but the centres who have made the most impact have either been Carlaw type mid range but dependable or Hurrell type who can destroy four defenders and score.

I think Roger needs fine tuning. I'd like him to defend well and organise the left edge. I'd like him to distribute and link with his winger better.

I'd like him to find his role in the pecking order as a former club and country captain. As a former dally M this and that and embody his current Warriors identity.

That should get him close
Dean Bell and Jerome Ropati add to best centres