Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I have three raiders so i want the ref to the NRL thing where they give some even up penalties to the raiders.

Hahahahaha

Nich Hynes Fucking 116 points so as a captain he made 232

Kaeo Weekes 40 points. I am happy I picked him and he is a keeper until Fogarty returns round 22. Looked really good.
Canberra had two really poor players on the field both Mooney and Hudson Young had games to forget.
Raiders did not deserve to lose 40 to 0 they are better than that. For Example Levi should have scored on his breakaway.
I wonder if this means more minutes for Starling going forward who looked much better than Levi.

The young Fullback Armstrong for Knights is someone I will need to consider picking up next week.

Trei Fuller looked really good but won't be in the side for long.

I did not think Atkinson played well but got better the longer the match went. Maybe nerves?

I thought Ethan Sanders for Eels was terrific on debut. But Moses is back round 11 so no point picking him.
Lots of the young prospects just getting their chance now.

The young Fullback Armstrong for Knights is someone I will need to consider picking up next week.

Trei Fuller looked really good but won't be in the side for long.

I did not think Atkinson played well but got better the longer the match went. Maybe nerves?
Yeah I got Atkinson, dpp & had a decent score without doing anything really. Happy with him for byes

Did you get Plath?
I had already made my trades for this round. He is my gun sights for this week.
One of Plath or Elliot. Plath got 57 points Elliot 62 points both are playing similar minutes and role for their team.
Plath is a small bloke. 5 foot 10 and 90kgs soaking wet and ball plays magniicently and is the link man on their back line sweeps.
Elliot is just bigger and hits the line harder. Both will have good seasons. I will have a look at their prices tomorrow. Maybe come down to who is better priced as they will both average about 46-48 points this year which is what I want. I am acquiring this player as my third ranked middle.

OG League
1) Prices Bucket Hats (whoever that is) 8 wins zero losses
2) Picton Pirates 7 wins one loss in second
3) No Longer Rookies 6 wins two losses
4) Sballer 6 wins two losses

And in on an unrelated note I think on review the number to be promoted and demoted at year end should be 4 as originally suggested rather than 6 or there will be too many comings and goings.

1714298359195.png

My only saving grace this week.

This game is mud :ROFLMAO:

Just a general question about the comp. It seems to me it's really hard to catch up, because once players have gotten ahead, they are going to stay ahead unless get injury to their main guy AND they made a bad trade the following week. Otherwise, like who is going to even come close to top 2?

Just a thought

Just a general question about the comp. It seems to me it's really hard to catch up, because once players have gotten ahead, they are going to stay ahead unless get injury to their main guy AND they made a bad trade the following week. Otherwise, like who is going to even come close to top 2?

Just a thought
Those top teams are in a virtuous cycle - their squads and assets are worth more than the people in the last few positions so they can put together a trade proposal to get Nicho Hynes for $950K while I am putting together trades for Adam Elliiot or Max Plath for the $600K benchmark. As they experienced guys said your first year will be learning year and then you can aim to win in it in your second year.
I looked at your stats on the ladder and you should have more wins by now. You could easily be 4 wins and 4 losses rather than 2 wins and 6 losses I can see through luck of the draw that you have encountered some fierce competitors. You will catch up on some wins if you keep a consistently strong team. Take a gaze through the the league results this week and you will see you scored 746 points which would have beaten 5 other teams had you been matched up against them. More importantly if you can tweak your team to start scoring about 50 more points each week and get to 800 you would have beaten 9 teams.
I am making three trades this week that are designed to improve my by 50 points all together.
I personally am not trading to prepare for each week's head to head or addressing injuries through trades, I am making long term trades to get my team into good shape for the long run. I hope playing the long game with my trades pays off in the end.
We will be promoting and demoting the top and bottom 4 I just posted so if you can get to a 50 50 winning record by the end of the year.

I really don't get the hate for having the bye rounds turned on in head to head. It's literally part of fantasy haha. All the leagues I have played in have always had the bye rounds on.
I am ok with it.
There are three strategies for the bye round
1) Start preparing now and avoid origin players for your big guns. Eg take Tohu Harris instead of Yeo
2) Accept the H2H loss in the three origin bye rounds
3) Go somewhere between these two strategies with a couple of trades in the next few weeks so you can put some cobbled together team out there and hope your H2H opponent is equally impacted as you are

I am going for somewhere between options 2 and 3.