Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Wrighty

Contributor
I like first option. The rest are all origin players.
According to one of the video podcast guys Sam Walker is a chance to make Origin as the 18th man. If we assume that is correct then what is the best option? But only if you have a minute?

Tookey 2.0

Contributor
According to one of the video podcast guys Sam Walker is a chance to make Origin as the 18th man. If we assume that is correct then what is the best option? But only if you have a minute?

Just my 2c, but generally at the start of the year you can only have a few big guns, with the rest of the players being mids and cheapies who you will build, to get the better guys later on. But, you still need 2 or 3 guns who you can captain and forget about, so id be saying to look there.

For me, if you lose one of your guns you replace with the next best option, points wise. Of course now, you will have to consider how that impacts your team and also Origin needs to be considered too.

I'm considering trading Cleary to Hopgood but I'm worried he'll get picked for Origin too haha.

I think Walker is still a buy. I don't think he makes 18th Man as that usually goes to a Forward if the backs are adaptable.

9 Grant
6 Munster
7 DCE
34 Hammer, Holmes
25 Cobbo, Xavier Coates
1 Walsh

14 Hunt

Hunt covers 9, 6, 7
Hammer covers 3, 1
Cobbo covers, 3, 4, 5

Anyways, I already have Walker, so it isn't a hard decision for me, but you should ponder. The others are definite origin players. The only person you can think of that isn't is Dylan Brown who is playing well without Moses in the team.

Wrighty

Contributor
OK that took 48 hours to come up with my trades. Thanks very much Tyrael and Tookey. In the end fiddled with the trades to take both Kikau and walker. I found using a spreadsheet to predict how many points people were worth and running different scenarios helpful and definitive. At some point i would like to upgrade a centre but apart from that will also be reserving trades from now on.

In other news I have examined my Big Bye weeks lineups.
Round 13 10 out of 13 will be fielded
Round 16 9 out of 13 will be fielded
Round 19 8 out of 13 will be fielded

The mini bye weeks in rounds 14 17 and 20 I can field a full 17.

I am conceeding defeat in the Big bye rounds unless someone else is even worse off than I am. LOL.

1715769504042.png

OK that took 48 hours to come up with my trades. Thanks very much Tyrael and Tookey. In the end fiddled with the trades to take both Kikau and walker. I found using a spreadsheet to predict how many points people were worth and running different scenarios helpful and definitive. At some point i would like to upgrade a centre but apart from that will also be reserving trades from now on.

In other news I have examined my Big Bye weeks lineups.
Round 13 10 out of 13 will be fielded
Round 16 9 out of 13 will be fielded
Round 19 8 out of 13 will be fielded

The mini bye weeks in rounds 14 17 and 20 I can field a full 17.

I am conceeding defeat in the Big bye rounds unless someone else is even worse off than I am. LOL.
Keep an eye on Koula if you’re after a decent scorer at centre if you don’t have him already.
Think he will be one of the main trade ins this week.
Has racked up some hefty scores when he plays at FB, with Turbo gone for a long time Koula could turn into a gun.

Wrighty

Contributor
Keep an eye on Koula if you’re after a decent scorer at centre if you don’t have him already.
Think he will be one of the main trade ins this week.
Has racked up some hefty scores when he plays at FB, with Turbo gone for a long time Koula could turn into a gun.
I strongly considered taking Hammer at Centre instead of picking up Walker at stand off. In the end Hammer coming back from hamstring problems gave me the heeby geebies all things considered. So much of this game is predicting who will get injured. Which is why I stayed away from SJ but Nathan C proved much worse so there you go.

I strongly considered taking Hammer at Centre instead of picking up Walker at stand off. In the end Hammer coming back from hamstring problems gave me the heeby geebies all things considered. So much of this game is predicting who will get injured. Which is why I stayed away from SJ but Nathan C proved much worse so there you go.
He also plays origin?

Wrighty

Contributor
Reece Walsh is out with a sore knee.

I have him so that weakens my side.

Wrighty

Contributor
Pulling some big trades in this week, 15 remaining but relatively set up for the first few byes.

Turbo to aitken
Papen to koula
Piakura to weekes
Not sold on Aitken as a buy seems to performing above his abilities.

Not sold on Aitken as a buy seems to performing above his abilities.
He plays all 3 major bye rounds, has a dpp centre/edge which is extremely valuable with these injuries & suits my team to a tee. If Crichton makes origin, he’s in my edges. If not, he’ll go to centre & I can move strange to halves to cover for hynes if he makes origin. DPP are very, very helpful.

Wrighty

Contributor
He plays all 3 major bye rounds, has a dpp centre/edge which is extremely valuable with these injuries & suits my team to a tee. If Crichton makes origin, he’s in my edges. If not, he’ll go to centre & I can move strange to halves to cover for hynes if he makes origin. DPP are very, very helpful.
Yes - DPPs are very valuable. I was thinking of trading away Willison for Ale (after his good showing) and pocketing the profit but then decided the DPP of Willison to important to me to give up even if he gets modest points each week.
My DPPs are Weekes, Burbo, Willison. All of them are very valuable to me.
For this weekend I can't loop and have to straight out choose between who of two rookie halves will go the best. Going with the Rabbitoh's rookie over Jack Cole as I understand Lauia is moving to halfback for the Warriors match.