Politics NZ Politics

here's an interesting graphic, from Stats NZ

1714596387979.png

Seeing the term Labour Force listed in that is giving me shivers. Our house was "selected" for a household labour force survey, which is listed as mandatory.

My plan was to leave it for my wife. They ended up knocking on our door one day while I was working from home. So now they have my number. I think it is a call every quarter over two years.

Every time they call I am asked. When is an appropriate time to call? I answer while I am thinking I answered this last time and right now doesn't match.

I used to work for a place that did surveys. You would expect them to have the survey loaded before they call the person. Or when I did IT support work I'd get the information in front of me before calling the customer. I've often ended up waiting as they complain how long their system takes to load.

The questions also seem like something you'd put together in highschool.

What are the million plus folk not in the labour force and not registered as unemployed doing? Seems a lot of people or have I got it wrong?
Here's the definition:
The working-age population includes the non-institutionalised, resident population of New Zealand aged 15 years and over.

Looks like that includes grey power, as well as medically unable to work

Here's the definition:
The working-age population includes the non-institutionalised, resident population of New Zealand aged 15 years and over.

Looks like that includes grey power, as well as medically unable to work
I would have thought the cut off age would be 65 given the category is working age population.
Must be hundreds of thousands allergic to employment lost in those figures.

Greens are in a forced rebuilding phase. My problem with greens is usually besides the leaders we don't know who they are. It's true of all parties but the bigger you are the more mps we will know. For the smaller parties getting name recognition is very important.

Every party has policies we don't like, but some of them are insignificant. National have promised a lot but also looks like they are inflexible. Whatever tax cut regular people get will be taken away from tax in other areas.

Right now our country isn't doing too well and looking at all political parties it doesn't bode well for the future.

There are no good guys, but if there were any then the activist party masquerading as an environmental party certainly wouldn’t be it.
It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. If I see an antivaxxer / greenie / unionist / conspiracy theorist / wellness-influencer / nutritionist at a dinner party, I take a seat far enough away that I don't have to enter into a condescending conversation about how the've been enlightened, and any differing opinion from theirs is outdated and wrong

I can imagine if you add "politician" into that mix, you'd get the condescension on steroids = bullying

On this subject, why are all male right wing politicians midgets - was it being bullied at school that makes them so bitter?

I've met them all - Luxon, Bridges, Brown, Foster to name a few and they are all dwarfs🤷🏽‍♂️
This is what Luxon looks like when you stand next to him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220131-150048_Google~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220131-150048_Google~2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
Back