Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
some of you guys out here acting like the country was thriving but has gone to ruin in 109 days.

madness.
Neoliberalism is madness. This is the furthest right government we've had in decades and they're hot on wealth extraction. That first 100 days has been to the detriment of all New Zealanders apart from the wealthy.

Neoliberalism is madness. This is the furthest right government we've had in decades and they're hot on wealth extraction. That first 100 days has been to the detriment of all New Zealanders apart from the wealthy.
a lot of you guys talk about wanting things to be fair, but really what you seem to want is the people at the front to be dragged back to make it a closer race.

if everything is equal and everyone gets the same, then what incentive is there for anyone to be outstanding in any way? why would anybody bother going the extra mile to get the same as the people who do the bare minimum?

it not only breeds mediocracy, it’s demands it.

i abhor this government, but we can’t kid ourselves and say the last lot were any better. and it would be a pretty fucking boring place if no one was allowed anything because someone else has no self control.

the last government were no better. a lot of talk and smiles and next to no action.
some of that talk is starting to come out as being bullshit now.

Last edited:
If you can't feed the kids you have or supply tampons for them , don't have them. It's simple, even you might be able to grasp that.
This is not Chad or Syria or somewhere where people are disadvantaged.
This is the kind of comment I refer to when talking about people demonstrating their ignorance on a public forum (and also why we need more, not less, investment in ourneducation system).

a lot of you guys talk about wanting things to be fair, but really what you seem to want is the people at the front to be dragged back to make it a closer race.

if everything is equal and everyone gets the same, then what incentive is there for anyone to be outstanding in any way? why would anybody bother going the extra mile to get the same as the people who do the bare minimum?

it not only breeds meritocracy, it’s demands it.

i abhor this government, but we can’t kid ourselves and say the last lot were any better. and it would be a pretty fucking boring place if no one was allowed anything because someone else has no self control.

the last government were no better. a lot of talk and smiles and next to no action.
some of that talk is starting to come out as being bullshit now.
Not really. And what is the front referring to? Are you meaning wealth? Well, it's so far skewed now that only some form of redistribution or recalibration of how we want to live as a society will really change that. Which I doubt will happen.

If all that extraction is doing is making people miserable and our society worse off, then is it really the front?

Believe me not impressed with Labour either, but this mob aren't even pretending.

Anyway, night all, up the wahs, here's for a win next week.

Not really. And what is the front referring to? Are you meaning wealth? Well, it's so far skewed now that only some form of redistribution or recalibration of how we want to live as a society will really change that. Which I doubt will happen.

If all that extraction is doing is making people miserable and our society worse off, then is it really the front?

Believe me not impressed with Labour either, but this mob aren't even pretending.

Anyway, night all, up the wahs, here's for a win next week.
so we need to take peoples wealth from them? their life’s work? generational family businesses? family land etc? and just give it to those less fortunate? less able? or less motivated?

remember the good old days when people used to work hard their entire lives to leave something for their kids? fuck that because not everyone does you reckon?

tall poppy syndrome is rampant in this country.

imagine being at the movies but having no popcorn so just start complaining and demanding that the owner take some popcorn off everyone else and give it to you?
sounds ridiculous right?

it’s not all as simple as you make out dude. and as much as i’d love everyone to live the best life they can, i don’t think taking things off people who’ve worked hard for them is the ticket.

so we need to take peoples wealth from them? their life’s work? generational family businesses? family land etc? and just give it to those less fortunate? less able? or less motivated?

remember the good old days when people used to work hard their entire lives to leave something for their kids? fuck that because not everyone does you reckon?

imagine being at the movies but having no popcorn so just start complaining and demanding that the owner take some popcorn off everyone else and give it to you?
sounds ridiculous right?

it’s not all as simple as you make out dude. and as much as i’d love everyone to live the best life they can, i don’t think taking things off people who’ve worked hard for them is the ticket.
Me either, but the 1% have extraordinary advantages and influence over the hard working lower classes, I don't think anyone's suggesting giving their houses to beneficiaries but I don't know what the answer is either, higher progressive taxes just drives the wealth offshore.

Winston sounds as senile as Biden. Fascinating to see likeness in an administration that systematically slaughtered an amount of people more than the population of NZ
As a member of the Jewish community he quotes I can't think of anything more offensive than using Nazis for his populist bullshit, and I don't know anyone in the tribe who isn't sickened by him.

Me either, but the 1% have extraordinary advantages and influence over the hard working lower classes, I don't think anyone's suggesting giving their houses to beneficiaries but I don't know what the answer is either, higher progressive taxes just drives the wealth offshore.
the 1% are untouchable no matter what any of us think.
and yeah man, for sure. i’ve seen plenty of people bail to countries that offer a far better lifestyle/quality of life for the higher tax rate.

and just while i’m at it, the smoking thing is fucked for sure, but why aren’t you guys jumping up and down demanding we also get rid of;
vaping
alcohol
gambling
pokies especially
fast food
junk food
and
soft drinks?
they’re killing the same demographic far more than cigarettes ever could.
Because we're compromised and love a beer, and I've got 20 bucks on the Dragons

sounds ridiculous right?

Before anyone gets too carried away, I should clarify if I really need to (and I shouldn't it's been stated many times) I have nothing against the moderately wealthy. And what's moderate you will ask next?

Well gee, let's pick a number. How about just under a billion? That should be enough right?

This isn't tall poppy syndrome here. If anything tall poppy will cut anyone down that wants to step outside the class warfare straitjacket that is imposed on this country from the top down.

And I'm not attacking anyone who wants to leave something to their kids. Just the opposite. Your anger might be best directed at the privileged few that want to take more and more away from new zealanders.

The rentier class. The billionaires. The neoliberals.

and just while i’m at it, the smoking thing is fucked for sure, but why aren’t you guys jumping up and down demanding we also get rid of;
vaping
alcohol
gambling
pokies especially
fast food
junk food
and
soft drinks?
they’re killing the same demographic far more than cigarettes ever could.
I'm talking about the government looking to roll back anti smoking measures and put more profits in the hands of big tobacco, spreading their cancerous poison.

But yeah, come to think of it that's a pretty good list of shit that's bad for you.

Before anyone gets too carried away, I should clarify if I really need to (and I shouldn't it's been stated many times) I have nothing against the moderately wealthy. And what's moderate you will ask next?

Well gee, let's pick a number. How about just under a billion? That should be enough right?

This isn't tall poppy syndrome here. If anything tall poppy will cut anyone down that wants to step outside the class warfare straitjacket that is imposed on this country from the top down.

And I'm not attacking anyone who wants to leave something to their kids. Just the opposite. Your anger might be best directed at the privileged few that want to take more and more away from new zealanders.

The rentier class. The billionaires. The neoliberals.
you know there is ONE billionaire in new zealand right?

the 1% are untouchable no matter what any of us think.
and yeah man, for sure. i’ve seen plenty of people bail to countries that offer a far better lifestyle/quality of life for the higher tax rate.
You guys know that neoliberalism has been the dominant economic framework for the last 50 years right? That's why we're in this state.

And the people promising to rescue us from it, take us back to the mythical old days? Neoliberals.

Back