Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah, so it was a senior moment. I must go back and check my posts.

Yes we do all live under the system, and yes we can do better. The thing is though, and my earlier post referenced it, this system has probably seen you and yours do ok?
We all want the system to be better for Us And Our Family And Friends.

Mankind has always put Number One First. Unfettered Capitalism is probably the most obvious way of doing that. Every other type of Capitalism ie with Social Welfare, etc, has been designed to make things look not quite so damn obvious.

As to EVs: Has anyone heard the latest about the car carrier that sank after a few luxery EVs caught fire? Most reckoned that would be a catastrophe environmentally.

Man you got me worried now. Just googled 'Atlas in Auckland' and they are already well entrenched here. Got their fingers in concrete, glass, freight, packaging, software, coffee, property.... Truly is an Atlas Network
We're taking the piss but actual Atlas has some of the richest men in the world funding junktanks to influence electorates internationally with shady astroturf groups *allegedly. Are they a threat to open western democracies?

We're taking the piss but actual Atlas has some of the richest men in the world funding junktanks to influence electorates internationally with shady astroturf groups *allegedly. Are they a threat to open western democracies?
You can take a run down ugly area and astroturf tidies it up nicely.

Astroturfing the whole globe though might be a bit much.

Last edited:
I don't take any political parties seriously but when they come for our chips and beer, that's when I'll take up arms.
Then they came after the EVs and I said nothing.,,

Then they came for Te Reo and I said nothing…

I can see the pattern… they will be coming after the chips next! Where’s the guns Peeni Henare?

Then they came for our cigarettes… hang on, I’m confused, they are giving them back???

When Brian Tamaki is make more sense than Labour, you have a big problem:

Tamaki: “Over the weekend there have been yet another two gun shootings in Kaikohe. Over recent years on Labour’s watch there has been a proliferation of gun violence in Northland. Henare knows full well that Northland Māori have a lot of guns and are prepared to use them. He is purposely inciting violence in an already volatile region.”

If I’d incited violence like Henare, I’d have been arrested already. It is no excuse to say because it was spoken in te reo it doesn’t have the same meaning, and it was a ‘figurative’ gun. He knew what he was doing. Those were fighting words.”

“In November we heard Jackson threaten war when he said, ‘Māori will go to war if this Treaty referendum goes through.’

“Māori are a powder keg ready to explode, and Willie Jackson, Labour, Te Pāti Māori and the Kingitanga are holding the lit fuse ready to blow the place up,”

Last edited:
Lobbying or influencing has been around since the dawn of time.

It's either by the golden rule as you've mentioned or at the end of a gun.

Is Atlas any different to Hamas or Isis etc? Which leads us to question, who funds these types of terror organisations.

As to EVs: Has anyone heard the latest about the car carrier that sank after a few luxery EVs caught fire? Most reckoned that would be a catastrophe environmentally.
Bit of a bummer if you were in the US waiting for your Porsche or Lambo to arrive. I read that some of the Lamborghinis were last model and that the buyers had been waiting over a year. Cause of the fire unknown. Nice rumour about the batteries though.

My pick is that it was a crew member down in the hold having an illicit fag and flicked the butt under some ones Bentley.

From what I can work out Atlas spread all the conspiracy theories about the WEF, Klaus Schwab, George Soros, Blackrock and the UN Agenda 30 plans for communist 15 minute surveillance cities and world govt.

Not sure who's side the Russians are on, they're the original masters of propaganda. how do Russian Active measures fit into all this, who's side is Putin on, Atlas, the oligarchs or himself?
There are multiple power plays happening all around the world, the Russians being one - there are a number of power groups in Russia and Putin, while being extremely nasty is very clever at retaining his life and power at the same time. This might help explain - https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/3/30/putins-philosophers

My simplistic view from what I've read - it's in China, Russia and certain parts of the middle east's interests that the EU and the United States are weak. Hence targeting Trump as President and manipulating him when in power, simply mostly through his ego.

It's in right and far right billionaire's interests that regulation is removed allowing them to continue unabated, never mind the impact and damage they are doing.

Democracy gets in the way of all of this so it must be tamed and rolled back.

Indigenous rights get in the way of all of this so that must never be allowed to happen.

The common themes around the world are authoritarianism and fascism, concentrating power and wealth to those on the right and far right of the traditional political spectrum, and allowing unfettered (thanks that's a nice phrase, otherwise known as neoliberalist capitalism) capitalism to run rampant enabling wealth extraction at a great rate of knots into ever smaller circles.

And fuck everyone else.

I really don't think it's that conspiratorially organised. But there are a number of very long games, probably each with their own goals and some commonality around methods and outcomes. The Atlas Network being one.

Traditional conservatism is dead for now. And yes, the identity war is manufactured and bullshit, another playbook from the right.

We are in very dangerous times.

This should alarm all of us, regardless of our political stripes.

Tamaki: “Over the weekend there have been yet another two gun shootings in Kaikohe. Over recent years on Labour’s watch there has been a proliferation of gun violence in Northland. Henare knows full well that Northland Māori have a lot of guns and are prepared to use them. He is purposely inciting violence in an already volatile region.”

If I’d incited violence like Henare, I’d have been arrested already. It is no excuse to say because it was spoken in te reo it doesn’t have the same meaning, and it was a ‘figurative’ gun. He knew what he was doing. Those were fighting words.”

“In November we heard Jackson threaten war when he said, ‘Māori will go to war if this Treaty referendum goes through.’

“Māori are a powder keg ready to explode, and Willie Jackson, Labour, Te Pāti Māori and the Kingitanga are holding the lit fuse ready to blow the place up,”

Tamaki is a misogynist dinosaur grifter who only cares about his fiefdom. He fits right in with the Act party and nz first.

Last edited:

You and Inruin Inruin love posting news articles so why not post Simon Wilson’s opinion piece in the the NZHerald as well

Tamaki is a misogynist dinosaur grifter who only cares about his fiefdom. He fits right in with the Act party and nz first.
Labour persecuted Tamaki for his political beliefs; trespassed Peters from parliament on political grounds… a bully party.

Should NZ first and Act smash Labours mini revolt against the election result? I think they are the more mature party.

You and Inruin Inruin love posting news articles so why not post Simon Wilson’s opinion piece in the the NZHerald as well
Because Wayne brown was right about him!

It states his loopy option as fact: ‘economic progress doesn’t necessarily lead to better outcomes for communities’. Keep Maori poor aye…

Wilson’s divisive agenda isn’t worth giving any air to. It was always going to be anti Luxon no matter what he did or didn’t do.

Surprises he wasn’t also whinging that Luxon didn’t announce some new cycle paths!

Labour persecuted Tamaki for his political beliefs; trespassed Peters from parliament on political grounds… a bully party.

Should NZ first and Act smash Labours mini revolt against the election result? I think they are the more mature party.
So you're seriously positioning yourself on the side of Trumpism and antivax style conspiracy theories?

PLEASE provide proof of Labour's mini revolt against the election result from reputable fact based journalism.

Bloody 'ell, I thought the latest models were 100% safe. How about putting them between the coast and the alps, on giant bouncy castles to absorb the quakes?
I'm going off this idea now.

Tamaki is telling Maori some home truths but they wont listen. It is never their fault, always someone else and the remedy is always money.

Tamaki is telling Maori some home truths but they wont listen. It is never their fault, always someone else and the remedy is always money.
Jaysis - given the options of stepping outside your echo chambers or drifting even further right to strengthen your beliefs both you and Whiz are really jumping the shark this morning.

And yes, I exist in my own echo chamber too. But seriously, Brian Tamaki is a grifting conman.

[/QUOTE]
Because Wayne brown was right about him!

It states his loopy option as fact: ‘economic progress doesn’t necessarily lead to better outcomes for communities’. Keep Maori poor aye…

Wilson’s divisive agenda isn’t worth giving any air to. It was always going to be anti Luxon no matter what he did or didn’t do.

Surprises he wasn’t also whinging that Luxon didn’t announce some new cycle paths!
And you think Tamaki’s loopy opinion is worth promoting?

Spare me!

So you're seriously positioning yourself on the side of Trumpism and antivax style conspiracy theories?

PLEASE provide proof of Labour's mini revolt against the election result from reputable fact based journalism.
I’ve posted the guns speech. Willie Jackson saying this is war. There’s been protests attended by Labour whose logo was guns.

I’m highlighting the hypocrisy of the party that pushed hate speech laws so hard to try to shut down the far right is now using the exact same rhetoric on the far left side…

I’m not on the side of anyone, I’m just laughing that Labour is acting the same as Trump and the antivaxers and those that criticised so hard are excusing it. 🤣

Back