Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We enjoy a civil society for the most part in nz, as do other countries around the world. But these rights, and this social contract that have been hard fought for, can easily be taken away - everyone of all political persuasion should be rightly horrified and do everything they can to defend what we have.

Rights are eroding rapidly at the moment as fascism rises sadly.

We can all see it's pretty grim, and there have been deliberate moves to break down relationships between groups (Putin, Trump, China, Iran etc) - they're all making moves now of some kind or other sadly.

You see this with the rise in authoritarianism, it's happening hand in hand. My mother survived ww 2 and she would be appalled but not unfamiliar with what's happening right now.
There could well be collapses in countries individually with so many opposing views in them collectively, almost civil wars. Certainly in america its plain to see but also in authoritarian countries with the younger generations starting to push back.

There could well be collapses in countries individually with so many opposing views in them collectively, almost civil wars. Certainly in america its plain to see but also in authoritarian countries with the younger generations starting to push back.
Bowie tried to warn us about the danger of encroaching fa fa fa fa fascism when him and Iggy went undercover in Berlin. Not many of us heard the warning *beep beep

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-z6u5hFgPk

Bowie tried to warn us about the danger of encroaching fa fa fa fa fascism when him and Iggy went undercover in Berlin. Not many of us heard the warning *beep beep

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-z6u5hFgPk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOzpncIHCLs

I lean towards Mr Mojo Risin, nothing against Bowie though. He was spot on. This was a bit of a protest song of young against old, they got guns but we got the numbers. Unfortunately bullets penetrate and joints don’t.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOzpncIHCLs

I lean towards Mr Mojo Risin, nothing against Bowie though. He was spot on. This was a bit of a protest song of young against old, they got guns but we got the numbers. Unfortunately bullets penetrate and joints don’t.

Ironic that a lot of baby boomers are now the biggest rubes of online disinfo operations by the masters of war they used to despise. Facebook was the worst thing to happen to them.

Ironic that a lot of baby boomers are now the biggest rubes of online disinfo operations by the masters of war they used to despise. Facebook was the worst thing to happen to them.
Changing of the guard, the old school is threatened, not to mention all of the disparity and damage done through neoliberal policies, resulting in the extraction of wealth upwards. Then the same parties and groups that engendered and implemented those policies have cleverly flipped the narrative so that hey! the right will be your saviours! - a manufactured culture war that gets shouted about while a real class war continues.

And I've said before, sadly the left are so shite at the moment there's a huge imbalance in propaganda and pr which these groups are winning hands down.

Part of me really can't wait for new generations to kick the boomers and my lot out.

Look at the ones who stayed true though, plenty didn’t sell out and you can only stay true to yourself. I like the message of five to one, it’s about the amount of young to old ratio, 5-1 after the war kids came of age. In his view they had enough to take over. I do share that view that the power of numbers (people) is uncontrollable also, our government lawn protest show that along with the capital hill riot in america. To be fair, that’s democracy. Majority rules.

Look at the ones who stayed true though, plenty didn’t sell out and you can only stay true to yourself. I like the message of five to one, it’s about the amount of young to old ratio, 5-1 after the war kids came of age. In his view they had enough to take over. I do share that view that the power of numbers (people) is uncontrollable also, our government lawn protest show that along with the capital hill riot in america. To be fair, that’s democracy. Majority rules.
True mate, but then there's these guys, what do we do when they become the majority?

FB_IMG_1703561279358.jpg

1685863174135.png

FB_IMG_1702796972366.jpg

But here’s the thing, knowing retail, it’s almost certain video footage is available. Just from reading into articles, I feel everyone knows it as well. Eg Greens contacting the shops and not coming out defending her…
‘ ZB Plus also reported that the Greens have a copy of the CCTV tape.

Parliament resumes in a fortnight, on Tuesday, January 30. The Greens will want to have this wrapped up one way or other by then.’

Sounds like only a matter of time before it’s bye bye Golriz…

What a fucking disgrace this is. This poor family living in a tent because of a fuck up between the landlord and the builder. The landlord sounds like complete scum, saying she’s got money from welfare to keep going, while the locks have been changed and she continues to pay power. Will be extremely sad if landlords get away the this sort of shit unchallenged.

What a fucking disgrace this is. This poor family living in a tent because of a fuck up between the landlord and the builder. The landlord sounds like complete scum, saying she’s got money from welfare to keep going, while the locks have been changed and she continues to pay power. Will be extremely sad if landlords get away the this sort of shit unchallenged.
While this is really sad, unfortunately things go two ways.

I'm currently working on a project where the tenant did unauthorised building work which included removing a wall that was both load bearing and contained a bracing element, putting in new windows and putting in an illegal small second kitchen in order to sublet part of the house. Of course, there is no fire rating as would be required to have a second dwelling. Because it is the owners responsibility to apply for resource (for creating a second dwelling) and building consents, the Council are currently taking them to court. The bank is threatening that the landlord may have defaulted on their mortgage agreement because they haven't kept the house in a "safe condition" and because of the unconsented work. The tenant has left the country and is now thought to be back in their country of birth.

All the work was done for "cash" so there is no record of who did it.... and, if they were found, the tradies would just deny doing the work.

The property manager isn't accepting responsibility as the work was done between inspections and they say they did their job by informing the landlord as soon as they noticed what had been done at the next inspection.

It's going to cost the landlord over $60,000 (not including any fines imposed by the courts for unconsented building work) for "work" they had no idea was taking place.... and, because the tenant has fled back to Asia, no chance of ever recovering the money from the tenant.

The landlord can't just simply blame the builder. Even though retaining walls under 1.5m generally don't need a building consent, if they have a live load from a building on it, they do. As the owner of the property, it is his responsibility to apply for the building consent and to ensure ALL inspections are made.... not his builders as he is trying to claim. Hopefully, Council prosecute his arse!!!

I'm currently working on a project where the tenant did unauthorised building work which included removing a wall that was both load bearing and contained a bracing element, putting in new windows and putting in an illegal small second kitchen in order to sublet part of the house. Of course, there is no fire rating as would be required to have a second dwelling. Because it is the owners responsibility to apply for resource (for creating a second dwelling) and building consents, the Council are currently taking them to court. The bank is threatening that the landlord may have defaulted on their mortgage agreement because they haven't kept the house in a "safe condition" and because of the unconsented work. The tenant has left the country and is now thought to be back in their country of birth.

All the work was done for "cash" so there is no record of who did it.... and, if they were found, the tradies would just deny doing the work.

The property manager isn't accepting responsibility as the work was done between inspections and they say they did their job by informing the landlord as soon as they noticed what had been done at the next inspection.

It's going to cost the landlord over $60,000 (not including any fines imposed by the courts for unconsented building work) for "work" they had no idea was taking place.... and, because the tenant has fled back to Asia, no chance of ever recovering the money from the tenant.
That is unfortunate but as a landlord and owner, wouldn’t you be doing your own inspections and diligence to be assured that no comeback was going to land upon you, also as cash work partaken so most landlords would want all done above board to claim back some expenses. Also a very different scenario to the one you are responding to as the tenant did none of the work and the issue lies between the landlord and the builder, tenant is an innocent party in this situation.

Hmm is there an insurance clause that will cover? No doubt they will try and weasel out.

That is unfortunate but as a landlord and owner, wouldn’t you be doing your own inspections and diligence to be assured that no comeback was going to land upon you, also as cash work partaken so most landlords would want all done above board to claim back some expenses. Also a very different scenario to the one you are responding to as the tenant did none of the work and the issue lies between the landlord and the builder, tenant is an innocent party in this situation.
As an aside a few years ago I was renting a house from a family I knew through sport.
They had a property agent supposedly keeping an eye on the house.
After 6 months I rang the owner overseas and told him I had not seen or heard of the property manager for 6 months since I moved in.
He was paying the manager $30 per week.
We arranged for a neighbor (another from the club) to call in now and again.
Worked well. He agreed to pass on half the savings in rental reduction to me and he kept the other $15.
Only cost me a beer when the guy inspected.
Property management can be false economy

As an aside a few years ago I was renting a house from a family I knew through sport.
They had a property agent supposedly keeping an eye on the house.
After 6 months I rang the owner overseas and told him I had not seen or heard of the property manager for 6 months since I moved in.
He was paying the manager $30 per week.
We arranged for a neighbor (another from the club) to call in now and again.
Worked well. He agreed to pass on half the savings in rental reduction to me and he kept the other $15.
Only cost me a beer when the guy inspected.
Property management can be false economy
I’ve got no doubt that some landlords cop a shit deal, just like some tenants but is there anything to suggest this lady in the article has done anything wrong in her case?

Back