NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

This makes no mention of a 1 year offer to him. Just that HE triggered the 700K option last year.

Jack de Belin preparing to quit Dragons​

St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin will have to walk away from the club if he wants to a secure a multi-year deal.

Article behind a paywall. Will probably be free to view later today. I hope Jack re-signs but I think the club is right insisting he takes it a year at a time. He's a 33 year-old middle forward. Already a veteran in any position let alone middle forward. His form might go downhill very quickly or soft tissue injuries might suddenly become much more frequent and take longer to heal.

This is off their forum so nothing concrete? Not sure if there was an article somewhere that’s mentioned behind a paywall about a one year deal?

Jack de Belin preparing to quit Dragons​

St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin will have to walk away from the club if he wants to a secure a multi-year deal.

Article behind a paywall. Will probably be free to view later today. I hope Jack re-signs but I think the club is right insisting he takes it a year at a time. He's a 33 year-old middle forward. Already a veteran in any position let alone middle forward. His form might go downhill very quickly or soft tissue injuries might suddenly become much more frequent and take longer to heal.

This is off their forum so nothing concrete? Not sure if there was an article somewhere that’s mentioned behind a paywall about a one year deal?
I thought we would have learnt our lesson signing older forwards, not the way ahead in todays game I think.

I understand that, I meant us as a forum not the Warriors.
As much as these young guys are putting up good performances in many teams across the competition, it tends to be the more established guys that their body is used to the physicality week in week out. Especially in middle forwards. Some players are there also for what they are instilling in the next waves coming through, like Tohu, RTS, Capewell, JFH

The Junior Pathways thread isn't open for replies so this is probably the best place for this article.

It isn't quite the figures I have said in the past in terms of numbers of kids heading to Australia. If the reporter looked into that he would probably be shocked even more.

It does go over how young the search for talent goes.

Some of the quotes are quite funny as they now seem fine for kids to not be tied to one code as that can restrict you. How many players over the years wanted to play league but weren't allowed to.

Also a few quotes how rugby cares for the individual. The NRL is a big business to say the clubs sign the clubs and don't look after them wouldn't be right.

Back