Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
AFB is a spark. He is a monster with a good offload, and footwork. He could have someone running off his hip. Just doing it once early in the game would have the defence in two minds for the rest of it.

The frustrating thing is that the game plan of taking no risk is negating a huge portion of what AFB could offer. Thinking about how the Sharks might use him next year gives me cold sweats.

Tohu is also good at getting his hands free, Barnett can offload too.

SJs kick behind the line is a threat and a spark. He is actually very good at it. Again...way to risky for Webby. Yet again, doing it once or twice a game means the fullback/wings hang back a bit instead of rushing up and forming a defensive wall. Do what the opposition does not want you to do.

Last edited:
AFB is a spark. He is a monster with a good offload, and footwork. He could have someone running off his hip. Just doing it once early in the game would have the defence in two minds for the rest of it.

The frustrating thing is that the game plan of taking no risk is negating a huge portion of what AFB could offer. Thinking about how the Sharks might use him next year gives me cold sweats.

Tohu is also good at getting his hands free, Barnett can offload too.

SJs kick behind the line is a threat and a spark. He is actually very good at it. Again...way to risky for Webby. Yet again, doing it once or twice a game means the fullback/wings hang back a bit instead of rushing up and forming a defensive wall. Do what the opposition does not want you to do.
Can anyone remember the last time we grubbered into the in goal? I genuinely can't remember a time we have done it recently.

Can anyone remember the last time we grubbered into the in goal? I genuinely can't remember a time we have done it recently.

At the back end of the Titans match, and almost got the result. Before that....

I'd imagine the new drop out rules, plus the threat of a 7 tackle set, mean that it is too risky a proposition for the Webby plan.

Great read and shows our system is working (for the most part). Predictability and lack of variance in attack an obvious negative.
Going by that we're actually not as bad as we think we are.

Metcalf would be a welcome return.

Very much taking these losses into account I still feel Webster is the best coach the Warriors have had during my tenure as a fan

Better than SK
Better than Payton
Better than Brown
Better than Stacey
That list of coaches.....
Brown 32.43% win record with the Warriors and he was worst with Newcastle
Kearny 41.77% win record. Interesting fact when he was sacked he had exactly the same win percentage in 2020 as Webster has right now.

That list of coaches.....
Brown 32.43% win record with the Warriors and he was worst with Newcastle
Kearny 41.77% win record. Interesting fact when he was sacked he had exactly the same win percentage in 2020 as Webster has right now.
Which just goes to show the fallability of using percentages as your one and only yardstick.
41.77% from 36 games is better than from 79.

Incidentally, The Great Cannot Be Wrong Wikipedia has his % as 56%, so that's quite different from your claim of him also being 41%?

Still the best Warriors coach since Cleary for moine. Think he's maybe got a couple of players who liked the feel of everyone blowing smoke up their asses by last year, they still think they're as amazing now as they were then, they're not thinking "how do we maintain/get better?"

Or maybe a couple of players are showing that as good as they were at times last year, maybe it's time to call time for them?

Capewelll must be wondering what type of team he has joined. He came here to win the premiership.

CHT mean time having PTSD back to why he quit the warriors. HE came back to be part of a winning team as did RTS. Everyone must be shattered in Warriors land.

Andrew I-don't-believe-in-changing-a-losing-team=Webster.

Which just goes to show the fallability of using percentages as your one and only yardstick.
41.77% from 36 games is better than from 79.

Incidentally, The Great Cannot Be Wrong Wikipedia has his % as 56%, so that's quite different from your claim of him also being 41%?

Still the best Warriors coach since Cleary for moine. Think he's maybe got a couple of players who liked the feel of everyone blowing smoke up their asses by last year, they still think they're as amazing now as they were then, they're not thinking "how do we maintain/get better?"

Or maybe a couple of players are showing that as good as they were at times last year, maybe it's time to call time for them?
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/competitions/nrl/coaches.html is where I got my stats. Statistically Webster has the second best win percentage after Daniel Anderson including this season.

Kearney has a 54.76 win percentage as Kiwi coach so maybe that is what Wikipedia is on about.

In regards to some of the players not performing. Well it is usually the coaches job to sort that out.

You ok? you're riding a wave of emotions here.
No I am not ok. I have not been sleeping well and am over worked. I just finished a long discussion with my family member about whether I should take a sick day tomorrow so that I don't misrepresent myself at work out of short temperedness. I will restrain myself from posting further pot shots. I just spent the last ten minutes being furious with Tohu Harris while sitting here in my pajamas for his lack of leadership in putting a stop to back to back piggy back penalties once he has seen us get two in a row. He never talks to the team to tell them to be careful from now on or tell the boys to reign it in. I don't know why he wants to be captain. He is not performing the role in any capacity except getting to talk at press conferences. I think I am over cooked and I need a time out. And really appreciate you intervening.

No I am not ok. I have not been sleeping well and am over worked. I just finished a long discussion with my family member about whether I should take a sick day tomorrow so that I don't misrepresent myself at work out of short temperedness. I will restrain myself from posting further pot shots. I just spent the last ten minutes being furious with Tohu Harris while sitting here in my pajamas for his lack of leadership in putting a stop to back to back piggy back penalties once he has seen us get two in a row. He never talks to the team to tell them to be careful from now on or tell the boys to reign it in. I don't know why he wants to be captain. He is not performing the role in any capacity except getting to talk at press conferences. I think I am over cooked and I need a time out. And really appreciate you intervening.
Take tomorrow off. After lunch have a nanny nap. If you can then watch the game against the Sharks last year. The comeback one. Would work for me lol.

Need to do a Steve Hansen, flush the dunny and move on.

There are things you can change in life and things you can't. You can't change what Webby does or what Tohu does.

You usually very positive. Just take a day off and do something you enjoy.

Great read and shows our system is working (for the most part). Predictability and lack of variance in attack an obvious negative.

Thanks for posting - this level of analysis is not something I've seen before.

It's funny because it supports most of the League worlds question of us at the moment 'how is this happening to them'?

For me, I see those first two losses of the season as now seeming potentially terminal to the season. Win those and everyone is feeling good, things coming together etc etc. Instead we've been behind on the table all season and now a dreadful run of form has shot us into the bottom 4.

Yes, we lost three in a row this time last year. But, those losses were agaist the prior 3 Premiers!

We only spent one round outside of the 8 last year which was off the back of those 3 losses. Dipping as low as 9th, maybe 10th can't quite recall exactly.

Slow start to the season and now 3 losses on the bounce against teams most others are beating. It's such a long way back even though it doesn't look it on the congested table.

Back