Social A Weighty Issue

Everyone is different
In Darwin’s theory of evolution only the strong survive
However in todays modern world - the pen is mightier than the sword
The definition of strong is no longer physical
Interesting you took that to mean physical...But by chance how are you testing that mental toughness?

That quote from Goggins, Its easy to be great because everyone else is fucking weak; is not talking about physical toughness. That shits easy. Lifting weights / running, that shit is easy. Find me a guy who can do it all hour, all day. Fuck it, find me a guy who can go all fuck week, because at that level it has nothing to do with physicality.

I just drove 4.5hrs to 1hr business meeting and 4.5 back just to close out what could be me halving my costs and doubling my revenue. Theres a reason my business ventures are going from strength to strength.

I keep all these mantras in my head for when Im struggling for any reason. Long road run in the pissing rain, crushing gym session, bad financial day..

ETs take on the Charles Dickens quote sticks with me too;

“To be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what you are, for what you will become.”

The OG Les Brown with the classic and one of the best

ITS NOT OVER UNTIL I WIN

View: https://youtu.be/1_5kYxYuRy8?si=9vKcmqWxmWfmY_pA

Pretty cool, I can see how you guys get into these videos if you're trying to achieve something very difficult. I guess my problem is I never really challenge myself that much, all my basic needs are met and I've organised my life to spend most of my time with family, what more do I need to achieve? Although I did have a set of Tony Robbins self improvement DVDs in the 90s, did he turn out to be a scam artist?

Last edited:
Interesting you took that to mean physical...But by chance how are you testing that mental toughness?

That quote from Goggins, Its easy to be great because everyone else is fucking weak; is not talking about physical toughness. That shits easy. Lifting weights / running, that shit is easy. Find me a guy who can do it all hour, all day. Fuck it, find me a guy who can go all fuck week, because at that level it has nothing to do with physicality.

I just drove 4.5hrs to 1hr business meeting and 4.5 back just to close out what could be me halving my costs and doubling my revenue. Theres a reason my business ventures are going from strength to strength.

Fuck knows what I’m thinking. It’s been a long day 😂

I guess my point was in reply to Worried2Death Worried2Death implying many do not see the messages from David G etc as motivational, as they’re not in survival mode, would rather wear dresses and get all touchy feely hug a tree types…

Fuck knows what I’m thinking. It’s been a long day 😂

I guess my point was in reply to Worried2Death Worried2Death implying many do not see the messages from David G etc as motivational, as they’re not in survival mode, would rather wear dresses and get all touchy feely hug a tree types…
Yeah I agree, my point was I'm not in survival mode, are you? Unless you're currently in a military operation. Doesn't mean we all have to wear dresses like Jamie Farr, that's up to you mate I don't judge.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, my point was I'm not in survival mode, are you? Unless you're currently in a military operation. Doesn't mean we all have to wear dresses like Jamie Farr, that's up to you mate I don't judge.

If you have high testosterone - I assume you dont win 😁, then the fight / survive mode is totally what you need to get through the day

I believe that is why sports is so important in todays society.

It's an escape for those who need to keep their inner aggression in check by going on the field and competing.

Without that adrenaline rush, they fall into a state of depression.

I think thats why its so common among athletes after they retire to fall into a state of mental illness.

That adrenaline rush is not easily substituted in every day life.

And its not just athletes but anyone used to the celebrity limelight.

Rant over... I'm going to bed..

If you have high testosterone - I assume you dont win 😁, then the fight / survive mode is totally what you need to get through the day

I believe that is why sports is so important in todays society.

It's an escape for those who need to keep their inner aggression in check by going on the field and competing.

Without that adrenaline rush, they fall into a state of depression.

I think thats why its so common among athletes after they retire to fall into a state of mental illness.

That adrenaline rush is not easily substituted in every day life.

And its not just athletes but anyone used to the celebrity limelight.

Rant over... I'm going to bed..
Pretty good theory, there's nothing like the rush of a Dallin intercept in real life. My testosterone levels are probably something to do with my prostate like all the other old buggers on here.

Last edited:

Is complaining part of survival mode you reckon?

If you measure how much people complain rather than compliment it’s probably 10:1?

But is that just inherently part of an animals nature / dna to lookout for danger and avoid?

What are the pros and cons of criticising vs complimenting someone?

Somewhere all this ties back to mental heath, which also ties back to how you feel about yourself and weight (staying on topic!)

Is complaining part of survival mode you reckon?

If you measure how much people complain rather than compliment it’s probably 10:1?

But is that just inherently part of an animals nature / dna to lookout for danger and avoid?

What are the pros and cons of criticising vs complimenting someone?

Somewhere all this ties back to mental heath, which also ties back to how you feel about yourself and weight (staying on topic!)
The pros and cons of criticising v complimenting, interesting question, I'd like to compliment you for bringing it up.
Why do the culture wars always go back to transgenders and drag queens though, that's what I can’t work out.

I guess my problem is I never really challenge myself that much, all my basic needs are met and I've organised my life to spend most of my time with family, what more do I need to achieve?
I've been told many times I should challenge myself, get out of my comfort zone, try something new. Usually the people urging me on might be good at one thing but fuck all else and don't take their own advice in the areas they lack.
It's good to be within my comfort zone, know my limitations, live and plan within them.
I think it is a sign of success. Sure there are the athletes, academics, artists and others that really excel, the 1 percenters. Good on them , I respect them but I'm not one of them.

So I said I drove 4.5hrs each way for a business meeting... Was a 12hr round trip in the car... Got the email yesterday, they are selling me a 400k p.a business for 50k stock in trade. I will own two stores as of next month.

ITS NOT OVER UNTIL I WIN
Congrats mate

Is it a bricks & mortar / retail type business? They seem to be going downhill these days with the internet and a lot of people now shopping on line. covid seems to have given this line of shopping a real push.

The pros and cons of criticising v complimenting, interesting question, I'd like to compliment you for bringing it up.
Why do the culture wars always go back to transgenders and drag queens though, that's what I can’t work out.

Because that’s the culture dominating discussion these days. The woke culture that want to be heard.

ok I’m listening…. Now what ?

Congrats mate

Is it a bricks & mortar / retail type business? They seem to be going downhill these days with the internet and a lot of people now shopping on line. covid seems to have given this line of shopping a real push.
Haha mate I've fallen upwards. Bricks and mortar and online. Hydroponics / grow shop but pitched at the wider growing community. Major face to face customer base. Australia is on the verge of legalization even the medical facility demand is crazy. New gold rush.

Haha mate I've fallen upwards. Bricks and mortar and online. Hydroponics / grow shop but pitched at the wider growing community. Major face to face customer base. Australia is on the verge of legalization even the medical facility demand is crazy. New gold rush.
Will you need to get some sort of license?
Hearing stories from a couple of people I know that have been in the business a long time and they can't sell bush pot this year. Don't know if it is cost of living related or people growing a plant or two of their own seeing the penalty if caught is negligible.
I am constantly surprised at the number of folk I meet around the 70 age bracket that have taken up using pot ( edibles mainly ) and discarded their prescriptions meds. Previously these people would have been anti pot, not now.
I agree with you, it will be the new gold rush. Meanwhile , NZ sits back and watches.

Will you need to get some sort of license?
Hearing stories from a couple of people I know that have been in the business a long time and they can't sell bush pot this year. Don't know if it is cost of living related or people growing a plant or two of their own seeing the penalty if caught is negligible.
I am constantly surprised at the number of folk I meet around the 70 age bracket that have taken up using pot ( edibles mainly ) and discarded their prescriptions meds. Previously these people would have been anti pot, not now.
I agree with you, it will be the new gold rush. Meanwhile , NZ sits back and watches.
I sell equipment. Tents, lights, nutrients, soil etc. Think like Switched On Gardener in NZ but without the growing weed illegally part.

We are marketing to the house plant crowd as well as veggie and organic growers too.

I sell equipment. Tents, lights, nutrients, soil etc. Think like Switched On Gardener in NZ but without the growing weed illegally part.

We are marketing to the house plant crowd as well as veggie and organic growers too.
Before he retired, my old man’s last job was installing irrigation and hydroponic systems into Greenhouses. They grow flowers in grow bags filled with scoria on raised timber beds and drip fed nutrients designed for whatever plants they were growing in those particular greenhouses. Main crops were roses, carnations and Gypsophila - all for export.

One of the boys was assigned to keep the weeds down and do other labouring in one of greenhouses but got fired because of the state he left the end of one of the rows and refused to clean it. After he was fired and the area cleaned up, they found he’d switched some plants out for some very healthy pot plants which loved the heat and food!!!,

Back