Afoa
Harris
Maumalo
Curran

Ah Mau
Paasi
Turner
Tevaga

No room for Beale, Green and Blair if we want to go forward.
They have served their purpose and will be stopping up and comers getting valuable first grade experience.
Just as importantly, none of them are good enough anymore.

The sooner we can get Maumalo to play as an edge forward the better.

Tevaga comes on for Curran, not as a prop.
Harris and Maumalo play 80.
Turner covers all back line positions plus hooker.
Burr, Afoa, Ah Mau and Paasi are your prop rotation but I would be stoked if we bought some big ugly mofo in the off season.

Papalii initially to play reserve grade strictly as a 13.

Herbert, Perham, Keighran, Lisone,Lawton could slot in with injuries.
I don't know enough about the likes of Ale, Frei etc to put them in at this stage

Last edited:

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2016
Papalii has a lot more potential than Jazz, mainly due to size. He just needs to simplify his game - tackle hard and run hard. His game does not involve trying to create line breaks on the edge (which is why SK is such a useless coach). He’s a better player than this year showed.
Papalii needs to move back to the middle. He was great as a prop for the juniors, probably too small currently but wouldn’t go too bad at lock.
Curran to backrow
Huge wraps on him in the roosters forum. Vossy called him the best schoolboy backrower he had ever seen. Played for NSW all through the grades and would of played a few games last year of it wasn’t for Radley.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Papalii needs to move back to the middle. He was great as a prop for the juniors, probably too small currently but wouldn’t go too bad at lock.
Curran to backrow
Huge wraps on him in the roosters forum. Vossy called him the best schoolboy backrower he had ever seen. Played for NSW all through the grades and would of played a few games last year of it wasn’t for Radley.
Yeah it was interesting that they played Curran in the middle for the ISP team. Were they trying to utilise his ball playing skills as he has a nice pass or was it a lack of time with the side and playing in the middle was simple?

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2016
Yeah it was interesting that they played Curran in the middle for the ISP team. Were they trying to utilise his ball playing skills as he has a nice pass or was it a lack of time with the side and playing in the middle was simple?
Unsure what they were doing with him. I’m sure they played him at prop also. Only just turned 20 so still has a bit to grow. Interesting to see how he goes next year

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Curran to backrow
I rate Curran very highly. He’s another that’s probably best suited to the number 13 jersey. Just doesn’t have the speed/explosiveness to create opportunities on the edge. Given his age I have no doubt he will have a long NRL career. Hard hitter and has aggression our team lacks.

I’m hopeful of one of Ale or Tamarua coming through next year and making the 11 jersey their own next to Tohu in 12, Papalii in 13 and Curran off the bench. Hopefully less minutes for Jazz who’s better in shorter stints.

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 15, 2017
I rate Curran very highly. He’s another that’s probably best suited to the number 13 jersey. Just doesn’t have the speed/explosiveness to create opportunities on the edge. Given his age I have no doubt he will have a long NRL career. Hard hitter and has aggression our team lacks.

I’m hopeful of one of Ale or Tamarua coming through next year and making the 11 jersey their own next to Tohu in 12, Papalii in 13 and Curran off the bench. Hopefully less minutes for Jazz who’s better in shorter stints.
So youd have Curren and Tevaga on the bench with logically a hooker to give the starting one a spell so am i right in assuming your going with a SK special 1 prop bench rotation? Wowzas and i thought i had seen enough of that to last a lifetime this season lol no thanks bro 1 or the other will do but not both..not again ;) :p

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012

Tamarua has the frame and ability.
Reminds me a bit of Brad Mackay who I was a fan of.

Just some traits ball skill wise and the fact he can be a make shift stand off and center like Mackay as well.
Looks ready,shows alot of passion on the pitch.

Hope he is handled well

I can see Ale coming in first if it happens, he is that attacking brute type not in our back row mix rotation.

Reactions: Worried2Death

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
So youd have Curren and Tevaga on the bench with logically a hooker to give the starting one a spell so am i right in assuming your going with a SK special 1 prop bench rotation? Wowzas and i thought i had seen enough of that to last a lifetime this season lol no thanks bro 1 or the other will do but not both..not again ;)
I have Nikorima at hooker, I think he can handle 80 mins. Tevaga’s passing has improved enough to be emergency hooker in case Nikorima gets injured.

No I have two props on the bench, Paasi and Frei.

For what it’s worth Roache would be my no. 1 hooker if he could stay healthy.

For me it’s a toss up between Tevaga’s impact or having Lawton as a second hooker off the bench. Curran is locked in on the bench for mine.

Tamarua has the frame and ability.
Reminds me a bit of Brad Mackay who I was a fan of.

Just some traits ball skill wise and the fact he can be a make shift stand off and center like Mackay as well.
Looks ready,shows alot of passion on the pitch.

Hope he is handled well

I can see Ale coming in first if it happens, he is that attacking brute type not in our back row mix rotation.
Agreed. Ale has what our forward pack is missing; athleticism.

My hot take is Ale will play majority of next season in first grade. Even off the bench given his versatility, he can play second row, lock, prop and centre. He’s a freak.

If Tamarua can put some muscle on, he’s a definite to play first grade next year. He is Tohu Harris 2.0. Tamarua is really like having a 3rd half on the field. His ball playing is next level.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
How do Egan and Capewell fit in?

Both would have to be in the top 17 at the top expense of whom?

Egan:,Lawton, assuming Roache is for?

Capewell: Papalilli or Curran? Harris, Capewell and Blair with Jazz off the bench? Or could play him at centre instead of Pompey (Jury out) or Herbert?

Geoffpublic

Warriors. As good as Gould
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
I just don't see young players automatically getting starting spots for the season. Kearneys preferred way has been giving them a taste of first grade, then back to reserve grade to work on things. Players are likely to be eased in over a couple of seasons. Sure injuries may change that, but they are the exception

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I just don't see young players automatically getting starting spots for the season. Kearneys preferred way has been giving them a taste of first grade, then back to reserve grade to work on things. Players are likely to be eased in over a couple of seasons. Sure injuries may change that, but they are the exception
Jury out yes, but the signs early are very promising! Debut in melbourne should not be forgotten easy and is still a work on.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Ale and Tamarua spent the year in Flegg. Hard to see them being elevated to first grade without an extended stint in reserves first.

Rate them both so keen to see them improve, but I'm not expecting to see them in first grade early next year.
It’s less about them being ready for first grade week in and week out, but more about them offering things that we are badly lacking in our second row.

They are both 20 years old now, so it’s not unreasonable to expect them to step up to first grade if they have the goods.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings