General YOUR Warriors Team For 2019

Who is your preferred halves player?

• Adam Keighran

• Chanel Tavita-Harris

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last nights game they tried to attack through the middle. Our wings hardly got the ball. They didn’t even use Kata on attack, let alone Fusitua getting the ball in hand.

Defensively they have been exposed but the whole teams defence and effort has been down so hard to judge.

Reactions: CHURCUZ
Maybe it's just moving Harris to the left that's the big mistake. He was great on the right last season. He creates space for his outside players. Even greedy Kata will look good with Harris there helping him out.

Hiku was creating opportunities on the left, that didn't quite come off. With the teams lack of intensity that's not surprising. But Harris didn't look like himself at all out there on the right.

If we could somehow bring Pulu back into the left edge and have him play like he did before he got injured.

And I'd like to see how Harris, Beale, Fusitua go on the right.

Maybe it's just moving Harris to the left that's the big mistake. He was great on the right last season. He creates space for his outside players. Even greedy Kata will look good with Harris there helping him out.

Hiku was creating opportunities on the left, that didn't quite come off. With the teams lack of intensity that's not surprising. But Harris didn't look like himself at all out there on the right.

If we could somehow bring Pulu back into the left edge and have him play like he did before he got injured.

Hes been put over their to mind Keighran, last year he only had Hiku to worry about as Shaun Johnson was a sound defender. Now he has Keighran and Hiku to worry about. The poor bloke has been thrown in quick sand by Kearney, and even a player as good as him doesn't know what to do. I feel sorry for Tohu Harris being surrounded by reserve graders.

From memory, didn’t Harris play on the left at the storm? I’m sure I remember him there in the grand final and he had a really good game. I remember him throwing a cut out pass for the storm to score.

Something else is off... it’s not just the positional switch. Last season we started with a really hard draw and we played out of our skin. This years draw looked easier so we haven’t turned up to play.

Reactions: eudebrito
Bit of a fuck up trying to make one player, Solomone Kata, play better by swapping around three players. Why any coach would want to tamper with a recipe that earnt a player top try scorer for the whole competition just beggars belief!

Gotta trust the process though so will give till Blueys round then the knives will be out...

Id like to see Hiku Back to the right, get Chanel on the field instead of Keighran, running fast at the line, draw and pass, draw and pass, when in the 20m. When outside the 20m, halves bombing to Ken or Fusitua, which is where we miss Lino for a second option of pin point bombs and grubbers, but I think Harris_tavita is our next best option.

Put Kata into 2nd grade and put Beale out on the left edge. Is Lawton still in the team? If so hes hands down faster than any other hooker at play the balls and getting penalties and quick 10s.

Id like to see Hiku Back to the right, get Chanel on the field instead of Keighran, running fast at the line, draw and pass, draw and pass, when in the 20m. When outside the 20m, halves bombing to Ken or Fusitua, which is where we miss Lino for a second option of pin point bombs and grubbers, but I think Harris_tavita is our next best option.

Put Kata into 2nd grade and put Beale out on the left edge. Is Lawton still in the team? If so hes hands down faster than any other hooker at play the balls and getting penalties and quick 10s.
Are those changes going to make the rest of the team give a shit?

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. Maumalo
  3. Beale
  4. Hiku
  5. Fusitua
  6. Ak
  7. Green
  8. Passi
  9. Roach
  10. Blair
  11. Pulu
  12. Harris
  13. Ah Mau

1. Luke
  2. Afoa
  3. Burr
  4. Sao.

This team I would like to see . Not based on injuries . Kata out for Beale just over Everything he brings to the team hasn’t developed at all over the years . Beale not the best centre in the world but is safe offers experience has played 178 nrl games plays for the team not himself like kata .

Hiku survives to fight another day , back to the right side . interested to see what Milne offers in Reserves .

Ak you got till round 6 to improve yourself or Harris-Tavita your the next man walking on the plank . Feel sorry for these two aren’t ready for first grade need a year or two to develop in reserve grade.

Roach starting, let him absorb the early minutes then bring Luke on at the 30 min mark and play him till the 60min mark. Then a fresh roach finishes the game . Luke plays this role until fully fit .

Blair ????? This guy pisses me off. But believe his defence early on can benefit us as well as his pressure on the kicker .Limit his minutes to 35-40 mins as he can do less dumb shit .

Pulu . Show me the form of first 1-6 rounds of last year please

Leeson Ah Mau . Honestly believe this guy is everything we need in lock . Defensively a beast , can do hard running meters . He needs to be on the field longer . Could easily play 65 mins . I know for st George he only played 40 mins but that’s because of there forward pack. He’s all class and deserves to be recognise as one of the top forwards in the nrl . I know that’s a big statement but 65 mins at lock will show you that.

The bench . Already talked about Luke . Afoa coming on for that impact exactly what he did last year . Burr showed enough in game 1 and 3 to offer some go forward and finally Stephen Kearney less favourite child Sao doing what he does best making good meters . Give this guy a chance please ??????

So in 2019 the Warriors have switched their back line around in a major way.

Has it worked?

Have at it.
So far no. You'd say it hasn't. That kind of change has merit but the question is, is Kata able to adapt fast enough and are the players mature enough to trust the process and persevere?

I feel like the change is too much. For whatever reason he did it, you can only assume Sk has a master plan that needs time to come together. The thing is, at what point do you take stock and say "let's can it and revert back to what worked before?"

I don't think losing Shaun Johnson is what caused the hidings. And let's not forget that we got some hidings also last year. So still early days.

Reactions: jonno
Status
Not open for further replies.