Recruitment YOUR Warriors Team For 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Again

Not a fan of Maumalo, i'd play Lolohea on the wing if Foran signs

I can't disagree with you, Tui was looking the goods on the wing at the beginning of the season when he was full of confidence and consistently in that one position.

If we land Foran I'd be happy to see him outside Fusitua.

Kens a back rower, I see that now.

Jwoodzy02

Jwoodzy02

I can't disagree with you, Tui was looking the goods on the wing at the beginning of the season when he was full of confidence and consistently in that one position.

If we land Foran I'd be happy to see him outside Fusitua.

Kens a back rower, I see that now.

Infront of the line sometimes he is a bit lazy and won't try plus two big wingers isn't very smart.
Always been wanting a quicker winger like Rapana or something.

Reactions: 1 user
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck /K Locke
2 Tui
3 Fusitua (Blake)
4 Kata
5 Kevin Locke
6 Foran
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Vete
9 luke/Roach/Jazz
10 Lillyman
11 Matalino
12 Brodine
13 Mannerz

14 Roach
15 Lisone
16 Gubb
17 Ligi/Gavet/Bunty/Sipley/Ken M

I'd take a punt on Locke he'd be cheap We took a punt on Gavet an he's been
Good plus no one works harder than a man who needs redemption,

Stylez Davis

Stylez Davis

Man this is tough, with the Foran rumors it opens up a lot of possibilities in the backs, I would like it if Lillyman and Hoffman were moved on, our use of Manu and Maumalo on the wings scrapped and I would like to see Matulino in the 2nd row, I would like to see something like this

1.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2.Fusitua
3.Ashyford
4.Kata
5.Lolohea
6.Foran
7.Johnson
8. JWH/NAS/J Graham anyone who is not Lillyman
9.Luke
10. Vete
11.Thompson
12.Matulino
13.Mannering

14.Roach/Jazz
15.Lisone/Sipley
16.Gavet/Gubb
17.Bunty/Manu
My bench is made up of whoever is deserving of a spot

Stylez Davis

Stylez Davis

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck /K Locke
2 Tui
3 Fusitua (Blake)
4 Kata
5 Kevin Locke
6 Foran
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Vete
9 luke/Roach/Jazz
10 Lillyman
11 Matalino
12 Brodine
13 Mannerz

14 Roach
15 Lisone
16 Gubb
17 Ligi/Gavet/Bunty/Sipley/Ken M

I'd take a punt on Locke he'd be cheap We took a punt on Gavet an he's been
Good plus no one works harder than a man who needs redemption,

At least Locke was willing to put his body on the line not like your Tuis and Maumalos

Reactions: 1 users

Jordan G

Based on who we have...

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. ??? (A proper winger)
3. Fusitua
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Lolohea
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Vete
11. Hoffman
12. Mannering
13. Lisone

14. Matulino
15. Thompson
16. Roache/Tevaga
17. Sipley/Afoa/Sao

I'm not reading much into the Foran rumour at this stage so didn't consider him, and I'm still hopeful of a quality forward purchase and an outside back who could potentially push for a spot on the wing, has speed and finishing ability.

Jordan G

What I'd like to see (ignoring potential signings)

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Lolohea
3. Fusitua
4. Kata
5. Wells/CKN
6. Hingano
7. Johnson
8. Vete
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Mannering
12. Afoa
13. Lisone

14. Roache
15. Thompson
16. Lillyman (reduced minutes)
17. Sipley/Gavet/Sao/Gubb

Would love to add a couple of big boys to bolster the pack NAS/Starling/Lawrence/Brown etc

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Fusitua
3. ???
4. Kata
5. ??? (Possibly Lolohea)
6. Ata (or Foran depending on how recruitment pans out)
7. Shaun Johnson
8. ???
9. Luke
10. Vete
11. Thompson
12. ??? (Possibly Afoa)
13. Mannering

14. Roache
15. Sipley
16. ???
17. ???

IMO the only props worth a damn right now would be Vete and developing Tof Sipley. Mutts has gone into a hole and isn't reaching the heights which saw him one of the games best props the last few years. Lillyman needs to go - his time has come. Lisone can be something special but not quite sure how to measure his development this year. Definitely lacks smarts in some aspects of his game.

Hoffman is a great player on the backend of his career. Cannot have both Hoff and Manners in our back row - need I say more. Afoa has a lot to offer if we can continue to develop him.

Vatuvei to superleague for mine. We need a decent center to pair next to Fusitua - Ayshford could be retained but would prefer class (recruit Whare?). Tempted to have Lolohea train and seal up a wing spot - let's not pretend he is who he isn't anymore. Otherwise we have CNK and Wells who offer legit speed and creditials for the edges.

Develop Ata at 6. Save Forans money to beef up our forward back - big bodies to come off the bench. Offer NAS a starting spot with Vete.

ATM our team is imbalanced. Create that balance by addressing our forward situation and stop sticking tanks on the wings. Have a organizer in the halves next to Shaun Johnson and let Shaun Johnson run off instinct.

Lastly, if there's an opportunity to bring in a credentialed coach, the pieces to the puzzle might just finally fit together.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Mutts has gone into a hole and isn't reaching the heights which saw him one of the games best props the last few years.
Still a good prop though. Averaging 118 metres a game this season...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

The one thing I constantly hear about Mutts is people wanting him to unleash or get the mongrel back into his game.

When was the mongrel ever in his game?

The odd big tackle or shoulder charge aside he was never an outspoken, rampaging, tear into both the opposition and teammates style of player. He's always been a guy who came on, did the job, not too disimilar to Mannerings "follow the leader" style of actions over words. James Graham he isn't, never has been and never will be in regards to in your face mongrel both physically and verbally.

We could definitely use one of those, and Mutts would be the perfect foil for him, but he will never be that player himself.

6 Again

Still a good prop though. Averaging 118 metres a game this season...

He is a good prop, we only have to look as far back as last season to see that but he's taken a few knocks this year with the pills scandal and rumors of a cooling in relations with the coach not to mention missing out on selection for the Kiwis, it also looks like he's been told to put his favorite toy away that being his offload we seen fewer of those this season.

He hasn't had his best year but he hasn't peaked yet either as a front rower, I'd have him in my side next year, possibly with his favorite coach steering the ship.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Wheres all this love for Sam Moa coming from? He had huge season when he came back to the NRL a few years back - had a point to prove and was under SBW's wing, but he's done nothing since to warrant all the interest. I wouldnt spend $ on him. He doesnt come across as the self motivated, hungry for success player we need in the pack.

Same with Eastwood. Hes too much of a bro. Find someone young, hungry and driven to succeed. Truth be told, those types dont usually end up coming our direction unless we throw them a ton of $. Rightfully i guess, look at the developement of Tui and Carlos - coming here could be a career killer for any young buck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

manunonu

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 wells
3 Fusitua-ayshford
4 kata
5 cnk-kahu
6 hingano-foran
7 Shaun Johnson
8 vete
9 luke
10 mutts-nas
11 Hoffman
12 bodene
13 manners
14 lolohea back up hooker and back
15 sipley
16 lisone
17 mamalo forwards ,gavet,gubb

goneskies manu ,jellyman and crappy, hopefully replaced with foran ,nas and kahu and cleary to coach .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.